Mazz: Theo Epstein had LITTLE to do with Sox success.

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Goofywocky. Show Goofywocky's posts

Re: Mazz: Theo Epstein had LITTLE to do with Sox success.

I just saw "margin call", a suspense drama on a prophetic fall of a wall st. investment house.  Ace acting propelled a great story, but save your money. Don't see it.  It's the same as I have been telling you for the past generation about the yankees.  I told you not to buy Joe Torre's book 3 years ago, because there is nothing new, nothing that I hadn't already told you.

No surprises here with the Red Sox, either.  Save your time, resources and money...take a nice fall hike somewhere and enjoy the foliage an 'real' wildlife.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from BurritoT. Show BurritoT's posts

In Response to Re: Mazz: Theo Epstein had LITTLE to do with Sox success.:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Mazz: Theo Epstein had LITTLE to do with Sox success. : You know what, Burrito? I wasn't happy about all the abuse you've been getting on another thread. Just thought you should know that. I was mad at you when I took you off my list as you know, and then you posted that you thought I was Pike. Do you think that was fair?
    Posted by kimsaysthis[/QUOTE]

Its okay, I think I have made 3 friends requests in 4 years... I really don't get into a buddy system on the Internet. I am sure we will get along as we always have regardless of a formal friends appointment.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from royf19. Show royf19's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Mazz: Theo Epstein had LITTLE to do with Sox success. : Its okay, I think I have made 3 friends requests in 4 years... I really don't get into a buddy system on the Internet. I am sure we will get along as we always have regardless of a formal friends appointment.
    Posted by BurritoT[/QUOTE]

Hey -- how about an enemies list.

You know, if it was good enough for Nixon, why not us?

Tongue out

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from hankwilliams. Show hankwilliams's posts

All they really care about is either getting into power or staying there. We are merely pawns for that acquisition of power.

False. Politicians respond to the demands of Wards of the State. People want something for nothing, so that is where de facto bankrupting entitlements come from.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from kimsaysthis. Show kimsaysthis's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Mazz: Theo Epstein had LITTLE to do with Sox success. : Hey -- how about an enemies list. You know, if it was good enough for Nixon, why not us?
    Posted by royf19[/QUOTE]

A nice little KMA list on my profile would be great.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from kimsaysthis. Show kimsaysthis's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Mazz: Theo Epstein had LITTLE to do with Sox success. : Its okay, I think I have made 3 friends requests in 4 years... I really don't get into a buddy system on the Internet. I am sure we will get along as we always have regardless of a formal friends appointment.
    Posted by BurritoT[/QUOTE]

Well, I'd like to think we've been friends on here for a long time. And I may have been a little harsh with you, and I'm sorry. I've sent you a friend request. I'll leave it up to you what you want to do with it.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from SinceYaz. Show SinceYaz's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Mazz: Theo Epstein had LITTLE to do with Sox success. : A nice little KMA list on my profile would be great.
    Posted by kimsaysthis[/QUOTE]

Easy Kim ...

All that takes is a little doctoring to sound like a real proposal ... (A nice little A would be great.)

Of course we are all above that.

Because we are taller.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Soxdog67. Show Soxdog67's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Mazz: Theo Epstein had LITTLE to do with Sox success. : no other GM has won more than one this century there you go again stop it JB, Bcash has won 2 this century as well why didn't you finish the conversation about this last week
    Posted by pinstripezac[/QUOTE]

For what it's worth...the year 2000 was part of the 20th century so Bcash has only one 1 championship in the 21st century.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from SinceYaz. Show SinceYaz's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Mazz: Theo Epstein had LITTLE to do with Sox success. : For what it's worth...the year 2000 was part of the 20th century so Bcash has only one 1 championship in the 21st century.
    Posted by Soxdog67[/QUOTE]

Sorry '67.

2000 is technically part of 21st.  Just as year 0 is part of the First ....

Technically....

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from OurMan. Show OurMan's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Mazz: Theo Epstein had LITTLE to do with Sox success. : So true. In the end Theo is nothing but a bit player in those two WSCs. Once he was given full autonomy we found out quickly that he was in way over his head. Things have gone steadily downhill the last four years, to the point where it's close to being a disaster currently. That's what Theo's legacy will be--the guy who fought for full control, got it, and then proved he was icompentent. God bless Ricketts and the Cubs. It's all but a lock Theo will never finish out that five year deal in Chicago. 
    Posted by greenapplesplatters[/QUOTE]

Two words: steadily downhill

One cause: Theo Epstein.

Abso-freaking-lutely.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Soxdog67. Show Soxdog67's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Mazz: Theo Epstein had LITTLE to do with Sox success. : Sorry '67. 2000 is technically part of 21st.  Just as year 0 is part of the First .... Technically....
    Posted by SinceYaz[/QUOTE]

Hey Yaz...your post made me re-check what I thought I already knew about the Year 2000...

From http://www.timeanddate.com/counters/mil2000.html

The difference between the Millennium and year 2000

Short explanation

The 3rd Millennium starts January 1st, year 2001 NOT year 2000 as many people believe, when using the Gregorian calendar.
    Year 2000 starts January 1st, year 2000.

Longer explanation

The reason why the 3rd Millennium / 21st Century starts in 2001 is because there was no year 0 (or AD 0, 0 BC). The year before 1 A.D. is defined as year 1 B.C., so year 0 was skipped. (See below. Therefore, January 1st, year 1 is defined to be the start of the 1st century and the 1st Millennium.

Because one Millennium is 1000 years, the first Millennium ends with year 1000. The next (2nd) Millennium starts 1000 years after the first, that is in year 1+1000 = 1001. And the 3rd one starts 1000 years later than the 2nd: 1001+1000 = 2001. The same procedure could be followed for centuries. See the tables below for more information.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from OurMan. Show OurMan's posts

We may not know when the 3rd millenium started, but we know who ruined it for Red Sox Nation:

THEO EPSTEIN

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from OurMan. Show OurMan's posts

Tony Mazz agrees.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Soxdog67. Show Soxdog67's posts

[QUOTE]Tony Mazz agrees.
    Posted by OurMan[/QUOTE]

When you were a kid, did you stomp your feet and scream uncontrollably when mommy did give you want you wanted...when you were in grade school did you always interrupt class to share something that was on your mind?

Listen Law, the thorn of your existance has moved on and so should you!

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from DirtyWaterLover. Show DirtyWaterLover's posts

The same crew that criticized the Red Sox for dumping dirt on players/managers that were traded/fired, now dump dirt on Theo.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from tomnev. Show tomnev's posts

Some of the comments about Theo amaze me....any signing he made that worked out was obvious and any signing he made that didnt work out, it was like he was the only GM in Baseball who would have gone after that particular Free Agent. The facts are that in his tenure with the Sox they won 2 WS, which is something during that time no other GM did. Yes he had a large payroll at his disposal, but despite the perception so did many other teams....and according to many posters he made so many bad signings, clearly the large payroll did him no good. As a Sox fan for over 40 years, he is the best GM we had in that time....could someone elese have done a better job....I suppose....but do we know that for sure....do we know for certainty that under someone else we would have won those 2 WS......of course not, becuase you never know what repercussions the smallest change can make....so why not just appreciate the fact that we won the 2 WS and thank Theo and Tito and wish them well. 

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from OurMan. Show OurMan's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Mazz: Theo Epstein had LITTLE to do with Sox success. : When you were a kid, did you stomp your feet and scream uncontrollably when mommy did give you want you wanted...when you were in grade school did you always interrupt class to share something that was on your mind? Listen Law, the thorn of your existance has moved on and so should you!

When who was in grade school?
    "existance" isn't a word...the only exposure you had with grade school probably got you 2 years probation and a court order keeping you 500 feet from one.

Theo Epstein is gone...in Chicago. That means its time for Theo Chicks to exit stage left, hit Route 66 and get to the Windy City for more of Theo's hot air...I hear Theo even built a bridge for his pink hat guerillas to use.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Soxdog67. Show Soxdog67's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Mazz: Theo Epstein had LITTLE to do with Sox success. : When who was in grade school? "existance" isn't a word...the only exposure you had with grade school probably got you 2 years probation and a court order keeping you 500 feet from one. Theo Epstein is gone...in Chicago. That means its time for Theo Chicks to exit stage left, hit Route 66 and get to the Windy City for more of Theo's hot air...I hear Theo even built a bridge for his pink hat guerillas to use.
    Posted by OurMan[/QUOTE]

Even though the names change the imbecile remains...whenever he's got nothing to say he runs a spellcheck! Mommy, mommy, some posters are being mean to me!! Teacher, teacher please know that Theo Epstein was the cause of everything bad that happened to the Red Sox...including 2 championships during his tenure, when no other GM in the 86 years preceding him was able to accomplish this feat...it doesn't matter that he brought Oritz, Schilling, Foulke, Millar, Cabrera, Mienkevich (spell check for me please) and Roberts here - he didn't get Santana or Halladay in deals that only LAW, not the other teams, agreed upon in his own distorted brain!

And I have some really bad news for you airhead, the 'so-called' Theo chicks on this board are more loyal, passionate and long-time Red Sox fans than clueless posters like you.

Focusing only on the negative is something that true Sox fans have learned to grow out of...is it a big surprise that phoney fans like yourself only show up when there are negative things happening to the team...or is that just a coincidence?

Your act is old now Law time to try a new schtick! I suggest you look for a Cubs message board and start your Theo Chick rants and raves over there now!

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rutland76. Show Rutland76's posts

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Soxdog67. Show Soxdog67's posts

[QUOTE]Why are you angry at me for pointing out your ignorance? Word to the unwise? If you're going to make wisecracks about grade school, make sure you can spell basic words better than a grade schooler. If you spent more time learning the alphabet than you do licking your Theo Epstein poster, maybe you wouldn't need 3 hints to spell the word CAT correctly. Now, back to the ACTUAL topic. Boston Globe feature sportswriter Tony Mazzarotti wrote a column that all but quotes everything Law said about Theo from day one. Thoughts?
    Posted by OurMan[/QUOTE]

First off, I don't make it a habit, or care, that a letter in a word in my posts is mis-spelled...however, you use it as a method to ignore the questions or points that the poster is trying to make. But I would suspect no less for someone who thinks they are a Red Sox fan.

Secondly, Tony Mazz is almost as big a tool as you are...so I am not surprised you would jump on his bandwagon. Did Tony forget to mention all the acquisitions I pointed out earlier that led to the Sox first championship in 86 years? Let's not get muddied up with any facts now right??

Your uneducated tirades about anything Red Sox might work better with the Cubs message board audience...give it a shot, you might actually have an argument over there.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from OurMan. Show OurMan's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Mazz: Theo Epstein had LITTLE to do with Sox success. : First off, I don't make it a habit, or care, that a letter in a word in my posts is mis-spelled...however, you use it as a method to ignore the questions or points that the poster is trying to make. But I would suspect no less for someone who thinks they are a Red Sox fan. Secondly, Tony Mazz is almost as big a tool as you are...so I am not surprised you would jump on his bandwagon. Did Tony forget to mention all the acquisitions I pointed out earlier that led to the Sox first championship in 86 years? Let's not get muddied up with any facts now right?? Your uneducated tirades about anything Red Sox might work better with the Cubs message board audience...give it a shot, you might actually have an argument over there.

You don't make literacy a habit? Sorry to hear that.
    I didn't jump on Tony Mazzarotti's bandwagon, he jumped on mine.  The first World Series title in 86 years came in 2004, when Lucchino was still calling the shots behind the scenes and the team that carried the Sox to the promised land was assembled by the PREVIOUS GM.

Why are you trying to jettison Red Sox fans to Chicago? Isn't that where Theo Chicks now roost? We were always Sox fans before and after Epstein here in Red Sox Nation. 

Perhaps you're lost? Chicago is about 16 hours due west of here.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from OurMan. Show OurMan's posts

Well on our way to 100!

Let's Go Red Sox...Theo's already gone!

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from susan250. Show susan250's posts

[QUOTE]Some of the comments about Theo amaze me....any signing he made that worked out was obvious and any signing he made that didnt work out, it was like he was the only GM in Baseball who would have gone after that particular Free Agent. The facts are that in his tenure with the Sox they won 2 WS, which is something during that time no other GM did. Yes he had a large payroll at his disposal, but despite the perception so did many other teams....and according to many posters he made so many bad signings, clearly the large payroll did him no good. As a Sox fan for over 40 years, he is the best GM we had in that time....could someone elese have done a better job....I suppose....but do we know that for sure....do we know for certainty that under someone else we would have won those 2 WS......of course not, becuase you never know what repercussions the smallest change can make....so why not just appreciate the fact that we won the 2 WS and thank Theo and Tito and wish them well. 
    Posted by tomnev[/QUOTE]

Great post and I agree with you 100%.  I also believe that Theo will bring a long overdue World Series to the Cubs in the next 5 to 10 years. 

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from OurMan. Show OurMan's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Mazz: Theo Epstein had LITTLE to do with Sox success. : Great post and I agree with you 100%.  I also believe that Theo will bring a long overdue World Series to the Cubs in the next 5 to 10 years. 
    Posted by susan250[/QUOTE]

The Chicago Cubs will not win a World Series with Theo Epstein exercising full control of baseball operations. Not a chance.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from OurMan. Show OurMan's posts

We've made the century mark!

Isn't it great to honestly and openly discuss Red Sox baseball as Sox fans without the stench of Theo Epstein in the Red Sox front office?

Oh the sound of the train whistle and call of "all aboard" for the train to Chicago...the Theo Chick Pink Hat Express rolls westward!

Good riddance.