Mazz: Theo Epstein had LITTLE to do with Sox success.

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from OurMan. Show OurMan's posts

Re: Mazz: Theo Epstein had LITTLE to do with Sox success.

Yes!

Laughing

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Soxdog67. Show Soxdog67's posts

In Response to Re: Mazz: Theo Epstein had LITTLE to do with Sox success.:
    In Response to Re: Mazz: Theo Epstein had LITTLE to do with Sox success. : You don't make literacy a habit? Sorry to hear that. I didn't jump on Tony Mazzarotti's bandwagon, he jumped on mine.  The first World Series title in 86 years came in 2004, when Lucchino was still calling the shots behind the scenes and the team that carried the Sox to the promised land was assembled by the PREVIOUS GM. Why are you trying to jettison Red Sox fans to Chicago? Isn't that where Theo Chicks now roost? We were always Sox fans before and after Epstein here in Red Sox Nation.  Perhaps you're lost? Chicago is about 16 hours due west of here.
    Posted by OurMan

Well you don't make reading comprehension a habit so I suppose we're even then...you rather make things up as you go:

Like throwing out inaccurate facts like Lucchino calling the shots in 2004...what a bunch of bull! Yeah it was Lucchino who had Turkey Day dinner at the Schilling's in November 2003 - WRONG!! It was Lucchino who signed David Ortiz - WRONG...it was Lucchino who convinced Millar not to go to Japan - WRONG...it was Lucchino who traded Nomar...WRONG!! but thanks for playing!!

Furthermore, I am not jettisoning anyone to Chicago, you're the one doing that with your LAME Theo Chick monotony (I'm sure you'll let me know if is mis-spelled). I just think you will have more success with your Theo Chick garbage over on a Cub board. Since that is where the love of your life works now.

Also, so Mazz being a tool and forgetting all the things Epstein did IS like you...so two dunderheads (you and Mazz) are better than one. I understand. Mazz still has wet dreams about Texeira just like you have for Manny...maybe you guys are brothers!

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from greenapplesplatters. Show greenapplesplatters's posts

We've made the century mark! Isn't it great to honestly and openly discuss Red Sox baseball as Sox fans without the stench of Theo Epstein in the Red Sox front office? Oh the sound of the train whistle and call of "all aboard" for the train to Chicago...the Theo Chick Pink Hat Express rolls westward! Good riddance.
    Posted by OurMan

It's exhausting listening to the Epstink rumpswabs try to re-write history so that the incomeptent dunce leaves town with a semblence of dignity. Oh well, what can you do. There's always people who really think they get it--when they don't. Can't wait for a week from now when the loser is nothing but a distant memory. 

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Soxdog67. Show Soxdog67's posts

In Response to Re: Mazz: Theo Epstein had LITTLE to do with Sox success. : It's exhausting listening to the Epstink rumpswabs try to re-write history so that the incomeptent dunce leaves town with a semblence of dignity. Oh well, what can you do. There's always people who really think they get it--when they don't. Can't wait for a week from now when the loser is nothing but a distant memory. 
    Posted by greenapplesplatters

Earth to splatter, earth to splatter...please don't let facts get in the way of your argument, just keep splattering on with no facts! For one, please elaborate what re-writing of history has transpired here, other than you anti-Theo skinheads trying to cleanse the message board of factual statements that you just can't handle.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from greenapplesplatters. Show greenapplesplatters's posts

In Response to Re: Mazz: Theo Epstein had LITTLE to do with Sox success. : Earth to splatter, earth to splatter...please don't let facts get in the way of your argument, just keep splattering on with no facts! For one, please elaborate what re-writing of history has transpired here, other than you anti-Theo skinheads trying to cleanse the message board of factual statements that you just can't handle.
    Posted by Soxdog67

First off, the version you have of what took place in 2003 could not possibly be more wrong. But don't feel bad, there's a lot of people who believe the same mythical version of it that you do. And granted, there's a finite number of people who know the full story, but we do get a chuckle when we see people try to quote folklore as fact. 

Look, nobody's denying you your right to continue to wear your theo Epstink pjs to bed eveynight. Whatever works for you. Wear them with pride. All I'm saying is just stick with saying, "I love Theo!" that works and nobody will call you out on it. It's when you're trying to post so-called 'facts' that's getting you into trouble. 

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rutland76. Show Rutland76's posts

After the 2003 season, Schilling became a free agent. As teams clamored to gain his services, the league’s youngest ever general manager, Theo Epstein, came from Boston and ate Thanksgiving dinner with the Schillings.

In the end, Epstein wanted to convey to Schilling the historical significance of being a key element to ending Boston's 86-year championship drought would be. Epstein did such a good job, Schilling signed with the Red Sox. He told the media he was coming to bring the World Series trophy to Fenway.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Soxdog67. Show Soxdog67's posts

In Response to Re: Mazz: Theo Epstein had LITTLE to do with Sox success. : First off, the version you have of what took place in 2003 could not possibly be more wrong. But don't feel bad, there's a lot of people who believe the same mythical version of it that you do. And granted, there's a finite number of people who know the full story, but we do get a chuckle when we see people try to quote folklore as fact.  Look, nobody's denying you your right to continue to wear your theo Epstink pjs to bed eveynight. Whatever works for you. Wear them with pride. All I'm saying is just stick with saying, "I love Theo!" that works and nobody will call you out on it. It's when you're trying to post so-called 'facts' that's getting you into trouble. 

Well since you are the purveyor of all the facts, why not step up like a man and share them with the rest of us....

Time to spill the beans then, since I now am aware that you, splatter and your sidelick LAW were both flies on the wall for all things Red Sox during the days leading to the Sox championship in 2004.

Let's see facts now, and not your opinions, or distorted comprehensions of facts for the following:
    • Signing of David Ortiz
    • Trade for Curt Schilling
    • Signing of Kevin Millar
    • Signing of Keith Foulke
    • Trade of Nomar for Cabrera and Mientkiewicz
    • Trade for Roberts
    Unless you or LAW are Larry Lucchino himself telling us the way it went down...if that's the case I will refract all my comments on these acquisitions and suggest that you officially take over the job as Red Sox GM going forward.

Oh yeah...we need proof that you are Lucchino too!!

Thank you...a concerned, unknowing of factual information, Red Sox fan!

8. This post has been removed.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Soxdog67. Show Soxdog67's posts

After the 2003 season, Schilling became a free agent. As teams clamored to gain his services, the league’s youngest ever general manager, Theo Epstein, came from Boston and ate Thanksgiving dinner with the Schillings. In the end, Epstein wanted to convey to Schilling the historical significance of being a key element to ending Boston's 86-year championship drought would be. Epstein did such a good job, Schilling signed with the Red Sox. He told the media he was coming to bring the World Series trophy to Fenway.
    Posted by Rutland76

Well excuse me Rutland are you a graduate of the SplatterLaw school of Red Sox history? no wonder you are misinfomed:

Curt Schilling waived his no trade clause to come to Boston and "break an 86 year old curse )his words)"...a simple bit of research provides the trade details...

The Red Sox sent lefty Casey Fossum and righty Brandon Lyon to the Diamondbacks, along with minor-league pitcher Jorge De La Rosa and a minor leaguer to be named, reportedly outfielder Michael Goss for Schilling.

Thanks for playing though!

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from OurMan. Show OurMan's posts

In Response to Re: Mazz: Theo Epstein had LITTLE to do with Sox success. : First off, the version you have of what took place in 2003 could not possibly be more wrong. But don't feel bad, there's a lot of people who believe the same mythical version of it that you do. And granted, there's a finite number of people who know the full story, but we do get a chuckle when we see people try to quote folklore as fact.  Look, nobody's denying you your right to continue to wear your theo Epstink pjs to bed eveynight. Whatever works for you. Wear them with pride. All I'm saying is just stick with saying, "I love Theo!" that works and nobody will call you out on it. It's when you're trying to post so-called 'facts' that's getting you into trouble. 

Haha!

Nicely done.

I'd like to add that Theo was little more than Larry Lucchino's pretty face in the Schilling deal. We all remember Lucchino was Theo's BOSS from day one and had full control over player personnel decisions until 2005, when Theo Epstein put on the gorilla suit, threatened to quit and had the now famous temper tantrum fallout over his role as GM.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Soxdog67. Show Soxdog67's posts

In Response to Re: Mazz: Theo Epstein had LITTLE to do with Sox success. : Haha! Nicely done. I'd like to add that Theo was little more than Larry Lucchino's pretty face in the Schilling deal. We all remember Lucchino was Theo's BOSS from day one and had full control over player personnel decisions until 2005, when Theo Epstein put on the gorilla suit, threatened to quit and had the now famous temper tantrum fallout over his role as GM.
    Posted by OurMan

Wow then Epstein had a great job then...he sat by the pool, ate bon-bons and took credit for all Lucchino's work...what a gig and he got paid extremely well for acting the part of Red Sox general manager...

...you are completely delusional!

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from greenapplesplatters. Show greenapplesplatters's posts

In Response to Re: Mazz: Theo Epstein had LITTLE to do with Sox success. : Haha! Nicely done. I'd like to add that Theo was little more than Larry Lucchino's pretty face in the Schilling deal. We all remember Lucchino was Theo's BOSS from day one and had full control over player personnel decisions until 2005, when Theo Epstein put on the gorilla suit, threatened to quit and had the now famous temper tantrum fallout over his role as GM.
    Posted by OurMan

You are correct indeed, my friend. And it was during his hiatus that Larry and Bill Lajoie pulled the strings on the Hanley/Beckett/ Lowell deal. The one which Theo said numerous times upon his return that he would not have made, but which ultimately resulted in the 2007 WSC with both players playing key roles. Subsequently, from 2008 until now we have seen the direct results of Theo working without a safety net. And the results are in!...in a word...disastrous. Theo took a team that only four short years ago was so beloved that many, worldwide, were referring to it as "America's Team," and not only put it on a collision course with the AL East basement, but turned it into a laughningstock in the process. And as things stand today, it's current state is rivaled only by the hijinx of Tanya Harding and the Gillooly Gang when it comes to running jokes in recent American sports history. That's great company you keep, Theo! Well done. 

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Soxdog67. Show Soxdog67's posts

In Response to Re: Mazz: Theo Epstein had LITTLE to do with Sox success. : You are correct indeed, my friend. And it was during his hiatus that Larry and Bill Lajoie pulled the strings on the Hanley/Beckett/ Lowell deal. The one which Theo said numerous times upon his return that he would not have made, but which ultimately resulted in the 2007 WSC with both players playing key roles. Subsequently, from 2008 until now we have seen the direct results of Theo working without a safety net. And the results are in!...in a word...disastrous. Theo took a team that only four short years ago was so beloved that many, worldwide, were referring to it as "America's Team," and not only put it on a collision course with the AL East basement, but turned it into a laughningstock in the process. And as things stand today, it's current state is rivaled only by the hijinx of Tanya Harding and the Gillooly Gang when it comes to running jokes in recent American sports history. That's great company you keep, Theo! Well done. 

How conveniently splatter ignores the specific questions regarding the 2004 player acquistions, but I understand why...he's got NOFACTS!

Also, splatter again misrepresents the Beckett/Lowell acquisition by saying Larry and Bill Lajoie executed it...well he was half right on this one...the published report was that Lajoie worked this deal with Hoyer and Cherington - oh but wait, Hoyer and Cherington were also puppets of Lucchino's!!

It's amazing how many employees the Sox hire to take credit for things Larry Lucchino is responsible for...seems like the money paid to all these front office personnel could have been used by Larry to acquire Santana and Halladay...but wait what this all means is that Larry is the guy that wants to keep Buccholz then.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from OurMan. Show OurMan's posts

In Response to Re: Mazz: Theo Epstein had LITTLE to do with Sox success. : Wow then Epstein had a great job then...he sat by the pool, ate bon-bons and took credit for all Lucchino's work...what a gig and he got paid extremely well for acting the part of Red Sox general manager... ...you are completely delusional!
    Posted by Soxdog67

Not sure what Theo "eats" during the failed, lazy offseasons he spent jamming with his boyfriend Peter Gammons.

We ALL remember Theo quitting on the Red Sox in 2005 because he WASN'T in charge. Nice try rewriting history.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from OurMan. Show OurMan's posts

In Response to Re: Mazz: Theo Epstein had LITTLE to do with Sox success. : You are correct indeed, my friend. And it was during his hiatus that Larry and Bill Lajoie pulled the strings on the Hanley/Beckett/ Lowell deal. The one which Theo said numerous times upon his return that he would not have made, but which ultimately resulted in the 2007 WSC with both players playing key roles. Subsequently, from 2008 until now we have seen the direct results of Theo working without a safety net. And the results are in!...in a word...disastrous. Theo took a team that only four short years ago was so beloved that many, worldwide, were referring to it as "America's Team," and not only put it on a collision course with the AL East basement, but turned it into a laughningstock in the process. And as things stand today, it's current state is rivaled only by the hijinx of Tanya Harding and the Gillooly Gang when it comes to running jokes in recent American sports history. That's great company you keep, Theo! Well done. 

Uh, that's a winner!

Correct!

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from BurritoT. Show BurritoT's posts

Schilling loves Theo and he just repeated that again LAST WEEK.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

I'd have traded Beckett and Lowell for HanRam and Sanchez after the 2007 season.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from OurMan. Show OurMan's posts

I'd have traded Beckett and Lowell for HanRam and Sanchez after the 2007 season.
    Posted by moonslav59

I'd have fired Theo Epstein after the 2005 season.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rutland76. Show Rutland76's posts

We've made the century mark! Isn't it great to honestly and openly discuss Red Sox baseball as Sox fans without the stench of Theo Epstein in the Red Sox front office? Oh the sound of the train whistle and call of "all aboard" for the train to Chicago...the Theo Chick Pink Hat Express rolls westward! Good riddance.
    Posted by OurMan

The Red Sox need someone who posts and writes for the Boston Dirt Dogs. I love the graphic for River of Denial on Dirt Dogs. You truly are a real Red Sox fan. Dirt Dogs is like having a Benedict Arnold on board. Hats off to you and your sincerity.                                  

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Joebreidey. Show Joebreidey's posts

In Response to Re: Mazz: Theo Epstein had LITTLE to do with Sox success. : Wow. JoeB with a mistake involving numbers? That needs to be saved somewhere.
    Posted by carnie

No mistake.  Zak insists that the Julian calander started on 01/01/00 instead of 01/01/01.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rutland76. Show Rutland76's posts

Identifying the start of a decade is an old and repetitive debate. Why not move on?

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from Joebreidey. Show Joebreidey's posts

In Response to Re: Mazz: Theo Epstein had LITTLE to do with Sox success. : I'd have fired Theo Epstein after the 2005 season.
    Posted by OurMan

The problem is, in the real world, when you do something like win a World Series Championship, you become bulletproof.  You might find it annoying, but Theo and Tito could've ran for mayor of Bosotn and Governor of Ma and been elected.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from Joebreidey. Show Joebreidey's posts

Identifying the start of a decade is an old and repetitive debate. Why not move on?
    Posted by Rutland76

Because the NYY fans want to change history to accommodate their record this century.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from Soxdog67. Show Soxdog67's posts

In Response to Re: Mazz: Theo Epstein had LITTLE to do with Sox success. : Because the NYY fans want to change history to accommodate their record this century.
    Posted by Joebreidey

Don't mind Rutland, he doesn't seem to want to pay much attention to factual things, like when a millenium started and how Schilling came to the Red Sox.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rutland76. Show Rutland76's posts

In Response to Re: Mazz: Theo Epstein had LITTLE to do with Sox success. : Don't mind Rutland, he doesn't seem to want to pay much attention to factual things, like when a millenium started and how Schilling came to the Red Sox.
    Posted by Soxdog67

Schilling came to Boston on a trade. I am a Red Sox fan. Why are you trashing me? Theo engineered it. I was responding to the idiot who claimed that Lucchino was the hero. Doesn't the forum need some Red Sox fans?

Sections
Shortcuts