Mazz: Theo Epstein had LITTLE to do with Sox success.

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Soxdog67. Show Soxdog67's posts

Re: Mazz: Theo Epstein had LITTLE to do with Sox success.

In Response to Re: Mazz: Theo Epstein had LITTLE to do with Sox success.:
    [QUOTE]After the 2003 season, Schilling became a free agent. As teams clamored to gain his services, the league’s youngest ever general manager, Theo Epstein, came from Boston and ate Thanksgiving dinner with the Schillings. In the end, Epstein wanted to convey to Schilling the historical significance of being a key element to ending Boston's 86-year championship drought would be. Epstein did such a good job, Schilling signed with the Red Sox. He told the media he was coming to bring the World Series trophy to Fenway.
    Posted by Rutland76[/QUOTE]

I don't know rutland, I was having so much fun with Law and splatterbrains that I gave some of my leftover venom to you...it started here I guess when I think I felt you contradicted my statement that Schilling was acquired via trade.

I apologize for this. Go Sox!

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rutland76. Show Rutland76's posts

Accepted. Go Red Sox.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from OurMan. Show OurMan's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Mazz: Theo Epstein had LITTLE to do with Sox success. : Well excuse me Rutland are you a graduate of the SplatterLaw school of Red Sox history? no wonder you are misinfomed: Curt Schilling waived his no trade clause to come to Boston and "break an 86 year old curse )his words)"...a simple bit of research provides the trade details... The Red Sox sent lefty Casey Fossum and righty Brandon Lyon to the Diamondbacks, along with minor-league pitcher Jorge De La Rosa and a minor leaguer to be named, reportedly outfielder Michael Goss for Schilling. Thanks for playing though!
    Posted by Soxdog67[/QUOTE]

Could not be CLEARER that Curt Schilling WANTED to come here and that Lucchino sent Theo Epstein to Arizona as a gesture.

Look what happened to the deals Theo was in charge of...Teixiera, Halladay, Cliff Lee, Gagne...Clement...Lugo...Renteria...

Do I need to continue?

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Soxdog67. Show Soxdog67's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Mazz: Theo Epstein had LITTLE to do with Sox success. : Could not be CLEARER that Curt Schilling WANTED to come here and that Lucchino sent Theo Epstein to Arizona as a gesture. Look what happened to the deals Theo was in charge of...Teixiera, Halladay, Cliff Lee, Gagne...Clement...Lugo...Renteria... Do I need to continue?
    Posted by OurMan[/QUOTE]

Oh brother, who warped of facts you really are. First off Schilling originally told the D-Backs that he would accept a trade to either the Yankees or Phillies...

It took Larry and Theo going to Arizona to meet with him, and Theo staying for T-Day dinner to actually convince Schilling that Boston would be a good move for him. Theo sold him on the fact that he would come to Boston to break an 86 year old curse which is exactly what Schilling stated himself after he was traded and even in his Ford commercial shortly thereafter.

Being the spindoctor that you try to be, obviously you let your distorted mind of events involving Epstein from seeing the facts of the situation.

If you don't believe me maybe you will believe ESPN...but I'm sure you will figure out a way to distort even these facts...

http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/news/story?id=1673350

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from OurMan. Show OurMan's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Mazz: Theo Epstein had LITTLE to do with Sox success. : Oh brother, who warped of facts you really are. First off Schilling originally told the D-Backs that he would accept a trade to either the Yankees or Phillies... It took Larry and Theo going to Arizona to meet with him, and Theo staying for T-Day dinner to actually convince Schilling that Boston would be a good move for him. Theo sold him on the fact that he would come to Boston to break an 86 year old curse which is exactly what Schilling stated himself after he was traded and even in his Ford commercial shortly thereafter. Being the spindoctor that you try to be, obviously you let your distorted mind of events involving Epstein from seeing the facts of the situation. If you don't believe me maybe you will believe ESPN...but I'm sure you will figure out a way to distort even these facts... http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/news/story?id=1673350

I don't need to distort anything.
    Theo Epstein gives me all the facts I need.

Epstein QUIT the Red Sox in 2005, because his BOSS, Larry Lucchino had control over Sox roster decisions, something Theo wanted. Epstein put on the gorilla suit, pouted until he got his way and the rest is history.

When did Schilling come to the Red Sox?
    Before Theo Epstein was running the Red Sox clubhouse with an iron fist.

Schilling came to Boston BY CHOICE.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from law2009a. Show law2009a's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Mazz: Theo Epstein had LITTLE to do with Sox success. : Oh brother, who warped of facts you really are. First off Schilling originally told the D-Backs that he would accept a trade to either the Yankees or Phillies... It took Larry and Theo going to Arizona to meet with him, and Theo staying for T-Day dinner to actually convince Schilling that Boston would be a good move for him. Theo sold him on the fact that he would come to Boston to break an 86 year old curse which is exactly what Schilling stated himself after he was traded and even in his Ford commercial shortly thereafter. Being the spindoctor that you try to be, obviously you let your distorted mind of events involving Epstein from seeing the facts of the situation. If you don't believe me maybe you will believe ESPN...but I'm sure you will figure out a way to distort even these facts... http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/news/story?id=1673350
    m

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rutland76. Show Rutland76's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Mazz: Theo Epstein had LITTLE to do with Sox success. : Hate to say it, Hank,    But you just helped expand another stereotype.    Haters as I use the word on this forum has nothing to do with political stance.  I am not including politics in this at any point, only one's outlook toward the Red Sox, whether FO or players.     I used the word to shorten my sometimes lengthy posts.  I am specifically talking about those people who cannot seem to find a good word to say about the Sox.  I don't give a flip - at least on this forum - what a person's political swing is.   I have been wrongly put in the liberal box and the conservative box.  But then there is no box for me ... not even libertarian.  Independent might work.  Sadly, I have personally judged our money and power driven "representatives" anything but MY representative.  All they really care about is either getting into power or staying there.  We are merely pawns for that acquisition of power.   Yet, I will trust in the process and hope for best.  I have studied governments across history and around the globe, and in spite of itself, we still have the best  blueprint.  WE THE PEOPLE, is still the best ... if only we would take responsibility and stop passing it off to powermongers ....  
    Posted by SinceYaz[/QUOTE]

good

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from OurMan. Show OurMan's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Mazz: Theo Epstein had LITTLE to do with Sox success. : It's exhausting listening to the Epstink rumpswabs try to re-write history so that the incomeptent dunce leaves town with a semblence of dignity. Oh well, what can you do. There's always people who really think they get it--when they don't. Can't wait for a week from now when the loser is nothing but a distant memory. 
    Posted by greenapplesplatters[/QUOTE]

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rutland76. Show Rutland76's posts

Great response.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Scott8340. Show Scott8340's posts

Theo was an excellent GM.

Every year would start out with the Red Sox favored by many to win it all. Every year we seemingly had too much starting pitching. Every year the talent was considered overwhelming. Theo did his job very well, every year.

Tito is the one that took that talent and missed the playoffs the last two years. He's the one whose lack of discipline led to so much sloppy baseball. Yes, there are two rings, and yes, he actually managed when he got to the postseason. But no, he did not get a lot out of the talent he had the last two years.

All you had to do was watch the games to realize that we weren't being managed well. Theo's hands were always tied by the two rings as well. He couldn't let Francona go.

Watch what this talent does with a manager. Seriously, the Sox will win 110 games next year. Anything can happen in the playoffs, but they'll win 110 games next year with the talent they have and a manager. I'll remind you of this prediction next year.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from OurMan. Show OurMan's posts

[QUOTE]Theo was an excellent GM. Every year would start out with the Red Sox favored by many to win it all. Every year we seemingly had too much starting pitching. Every year the talent was considered overwhelming. Theo did his job very well, every year. Tito is the one that took that talent and missed the playoffs the last two years. He's the one whose lack of discipline led to so much sloppy baseball. Yes, there are two rings, and yes, he actually managed when he got to the postseason. But no, he did not get a lot out of the talent he had the last two years. All you had to do was watch the games to realize that we weren't being managed well. Theo's hands were always tied by the two rings as well. He couldn't let Francona go. Watch what this talent does with a manager. Seriously, the Sox will win 110 games next year. Anything can happen in the playoffs, but they'll win 110 games next year with the talent they have and a manager. I'll remind you of this prediction next year.
    Posted by Scott8340[/QUOTE]

Terry Francona didn't breathe without Theo's permission.
    All of this played out on the field. The more control Theo Epstein got over the Red Sox roster, the more the Red Sox clubhouse disintegrated.

I'm glad Tony Mazz sees this my way. Theo was an abject failure as GM unless the idea is to go from first to worst the fastest.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from OurMan. Show OurMan's posts

Today's press conference in Chicago proves it.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Runer. Show Runer's posts

Chicago fans and media will turn on him quickly.... expect that to happen

14. This post has been removed.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from carnie. Show carnie's posts

[QUOTE]Today's press conference in Chicago proves it.
    Posted by OurMan[/QUOTE]Could you go to Chicago with him? Please? It's obvious you're never going to let your man crush on Theo go. Here's a link to somewhere you might feel more at home:
    http://www.northsidebaseball.com/
    And here's a thread that could have been started by you:
    http://www.northsidebaseball.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=60131

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from OurMan. Show OurMan's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Mazz: Theo Epstein had LITTLE to do with Sox success. : Could you go to Chicago with him? Please? It's obvious you're never going to let your man crush on Theo go. Here's a link to somewhere you might feel more at home: http://www.northsidebaseball.com/ And here's a thread that could have been started by you: http://www.northsidebaseball.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=60131
    Posted by carnie[/QUOTE]

Why would an actual Red Sox fan who NEVER wanted Theo Epstein as GM of the Boston Red Sox, leave Boston and go to Chicago to watch that train wreck?

Sorry Pink Hatter, that's your deal.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from carnie. Show carnie's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Mazz: Theo Epstein had LITTLE to do with Sox success. : Why would an actual Red Sox fan who NEVER wanted Theo Epstein as GM of the Boston Red Sox, leave Boston and go to Chicago to watch that train wreck? Sorry Pink Hatter, that's your deal.
    Posted by OurMan[/QUOTE]Because you're the guy that keeps talking about him. You can't let it go, and it's obvious you're obsessed with Theo. As far as you being a Red Sox fan, I have yet to see it. When you ever expressed any opinion on this board other than Theo (and all his draft picks and signings) stinks. Oh and it would be nice if you could leave the name calling back at your grade school.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from OurMan. Show OurMan's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Mazz: Theo Epstein had LITTLE to do with Sox success. : Because you're the guy that keeps talking about him. You can't let it go, and it's obvious you're obsessed with Theo. As far as you being a Red Sox fan, I have yet to see it. When you ever expressed any opinion on this board other than Theo (and all his draft picks and signings) stinks. Oh and it would be nice if you could leave the name calling back at your grade school.
    Posted by carnie[/QUOTE]

I could not be happier the day we NEVER hear Theo Epstein mentioned again in Boston. I happen to join Tony Mazzarotti and MILLIONS more Red Sox fans who are unwilling to see this moronic hero worship of an overrated, bumbling GM go on a second longer.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from CablesWyndBairn. Show CablesWyndBairn's posts

Do some of these responses look like kicking a man while he's down?  Or is it that you're mad the Sox were spurned by Theo because he thought the relationship got stale and took a promotion?  Either way, he's gone, the Sox' cupboard isn't exactly bare and a few doable moves puts them right back in contention for next year. 

Will some of you just grow up and admit that Theo will be remembered mostly for the good things he did while he was here?  There was some bad with the good, by his own admission, but we'll be really lucky if the next 10 years are as successful as the last. 

I read these threads and some of you guys are so obsessed with Theo that I expect you're gonna don a Glenn Close blonde wig and stalk Theo when he's out to lunch in Wrigleyville.  Take a deep breath and let it gooooo. 

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from OurMan. Show OurMan's posts

[QUOTE]Do some of these responses look like kicking a man while he's down?  Or is it that you're mad the Sox were spurned by Theo because he thought the relationship got stale and took a promotion?  Either way, he's gone, the Sox' cupboard isn't exactly bare and a few doable moves puts them right back in contention for next year.  Will some of you just grow up and admit that Theo will be remembered mostly for the good things he did while he was here?  There was some bad with the good, by his own admission, but we'll be really lucky if the next 10 years are as successful as the last.  I read these threads and some of you guys are so obsessed with Theo that I expect you're gonna don a Glenn Close blonde wig and stalk Theo when he's out to lunch in Wrigleyville.  Take a deep breath and let it gooooo. 
    Posted by CablesWyndBairn[/QUOTE]

Some bad?

There are THREE World Series trophies scattered around MLB that should be on display at the corner of Landsdowne and Yawkey Way.

2005, 2008, 2010

We paid the highest ticket prices in MLB for what? For Epstein to demolish a MLB dynasty. Theo Epstein is the Barack Obama of MLB.

Incompetent, overrated and loose with other people's money.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from carnie. Show carnie's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Mazz: Theo Epstein had LITTLE to do with Sox success. : Some bad? There are THREE World Series trophies scattered around MLB that should be on display at the corner of Landsdowne and Yawkey Way. 2005, 2008, 2010 We paid the highest ticket prices in MLB for what? For Epstein to demolish a MLB dynasty. Theo Epstein is the Barack Obama of MLB. Incompetent, overrated and loose with other people's money.
    Posted by OurMan[/QUOTE]And you're still talking about him. How about letting it go, or going and telling the Cubs' fans how miserable they should be?

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from OurMan. Show OurMan's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Mazz: Theo Epstein had LITTLE to do with Sox success. : And you're still talking about him. How about letting it go, or going and telling the Cubs' fans how miserable they should be?
    Posted by carnie[/QUOTE]

Couldn't care less about the Cubs.
    Unlike Theo Chicks (you) I am a Red Sox fan, I go to Fenway Park for my 20 dollar beer to watch the team, not the GM.

Now we get back to basics.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from OurMan. Show OurMan's posts

Now Lackey is out for the entire 2012 season.
    Theo really left this team in a mess he created.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from carnie. Show carnie's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Mazz: Theo Epstein had LITTLE to do with Sox success. : Couldn't care less about the Cubs. Unlike Theo Chicks (you) I am a Red Sox fan, I go to Fenway Park for my 20 dollar beer to watch the team, not the GM. Now we get back to basics.
    Posted by OurMan[/QUOTE]There you go with the name calling again. I shouldn't be surprised. It's what you've been doing since before you ran out of Law aliases. If you love the team so much, how about offering up some opinions about what Cherington should do this winter? Oh, and thank you for calling me a Theo Chick. Now I feel like a full fledged member of the Red Sox: On The Front Burner community.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rutland76. Show Rutland76's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Mazz: Theo Epstein had LITTLE to do with Sox success. : There you go with the name calling again. I shouldn't be surprised. It's what you've been doing since before you ran out of Law aliases. If you love the team so much, how about offering up some opinions about what Cherington should do this winter? Oh, and thank you for calling me a Theo Chick. Now I feel like a full fledged member of the Red Sox: On The Front Burner community.
    Posted by carnie[/QUOTE]

Ignore him, everyone but you are

Sections
Shortcuts