Mazz: Theo Epstein had LITTLE to do with Sox success.

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from CablesWyndBairn. Show CablesWyndBairn's posts

Re: Mazz: Theo Epstein had LITTLE to do with Sox success.

Theo personally and purposefully blew out Lackey and Dice-K's UCLs?  He caused that mess?  Must be because he demanded they pitch too many innings and he never advocated for an off season arm strengthening program.  Now I've heard it all.  I think he's the reason behind Jenks' pulmonary embolism and he clearly put Youk at third because he knew it's a more demanding position and that he'd get dinged up.  I think he took a ball peen hammer to Buch's back to cause that stress fracture.  Heard he was the reason for Lowrie's mono and he demanded that Beltre take out Jitterbug Jake by smashing him in the ribs. Should we blame him for Lester's cancer too?     

It is impossible to have a rational conversation with some people.  Again, the guy is in Chicago.  The past ten years will have lots of diamonds and warts, but history and fans will remember Theo as a pretty good GM.  Except the irrational few.   

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from OurMan. Show OurMan's posts

In Response to Re: Mazz: Theo Epstein had LITTLE to do with Sox success.:
    [QUOTE]Theo personally and purposefully blew out Lackey and Dice-K's UCLs?  He caused that mess?   
    Posted by CablesWyndBairn[/QUOTE]

Theo caused the "mess" buy overpaying and saddling the Red Sox with Lackeys DiceK's Lugos, Clements, Crawfords...Renterias.

These were wasted roster spots that turned into salary dumps and POOR returns on investment.

Also known as a day at the office for Theo Epstein.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from carnie. Show carnie's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Mazz: Theo Epstein had LITTLE to do with Sox success. : Theo caused the "mess" buy overpaying and saddling the Red Sox with Lackeys DiceK's Lugos, Clements, Crawfords...Renterias. These were wasted roster spots that turned into salary dumps and POOR returns on investment. Also known as a day at the office for Theo Epstein.
    Posted by OurMan[/QUOTE]And what was your opinion on the Dice signing? Oh yeah, we can't look it up because you've been banned so many times since then.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from OurMan. Show OurMan's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Mazz: Theo Epstein had LITTLE to do with Sox success. : And what was your opinion on the Dice signing? Oh yeah, we can't look it up because you've been banned so many times since then.
    Posted by carnie[/QUOTE]

Banned for what?

Predicting the 2008 season?
    Predicting the 2009 season?
    Predicting the 2010 season?
    Predicting the 2011 season?

Banned because Theo Chicks couldn't stand hearing the truth, which meant we just got to see it all play out on the field.

Who TOLD you Lackey was a waste of roster space BEFORE Theo got him? Me.
    Who TOLD you the John Smoltz, Brad Penny Theo Epstein retread projects would fail? ME

Who told you keeping Buchholz instead of getting Halladay was a mistake BOTH times Theo did it? Ditto.

Take a seat...I've been here for years.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from carnie. Show carnie's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Mazz: Theo Epstein had LITTLE to do with Sox success. : Banned for what?
    Posted by OurMan[/QUOTE]My guess would be banned for being an egostistical moron with zero social skills. But that's just a guess.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from UticaClub. Show UticaClub's posts

Law holding "Court" again. Why not start a thread about our new GM or go to the Lackey threads. Why enable the troll. He craves your attention. 

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from carnie. Show carnie's posts

[QUOTE]Law holding "Court" again. Why not start a thread about our new GM or go to the Lackey threads. Why enable the troll. He craves your attention. 
    Posted by UticaClub[/QUOTE]Just trying to convince him that he needs to take his Theo crush to a Cubs' forum now.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from OurMan. Show OurMan's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Mazz: Theo Epstein had LITTLE to do with Sox success. : Just trying to convince him that he needs to take his Theo crush to a Cubs' forum now.
    Posted by carnie[/QUOTE]

Trying to piece this together.
    Red Sox fans who NEVER wanted Theo Epstein in Boston as GM.
    Theo Chicks holding candlelight vigils.

Uh...not seeing the connection here, Chief Pink Hat. Can you re-work your analogy?

I'm GLAD Theo Epstein is gone.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from carnie. Show carnie's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Mazz: Theo Epstein had LITTLE to do with Sox success. : Trying to piece this together. Red Sox fans who NEVER wanted Theo Epstein in Boston as GM. Theo Chicks holding candlelight vigils. Uh...not seeing the connection here, Chief Pink Hat. Can you re-work your analogy? I'm GLAD Theo Epstein is gone.
    Posted by OurMan[/QUOTE]http://www.bleedcubbieblue.com/

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from UticaClub. Show UticaClub's posts

[QUOTE]Theo personally and purposefully blew out Lackey and Dice-K's UCLs?  He caused that mess?  Must be because he demanded they pitch too many innings and he never advocated for an off season arm strengthening program.  Now I've heard it all.  I think he's the reason behind Jenks' pulmonary embolism and he clearly put Youk at third because he knew it's a more demanding position and that he'd get dinged up.  I think he took a ball peen hammer to Buch's back to cause that stress fracture.  Heard he was the reason for Lowrie's mono and he demanded that Beltre take out Jitterbug Jake by smashing him in the ribs. Should we blame him for Lester's cancer too?      It is impossible to have a rational conversation with some people.  Again, the guy is in Chicago.  The past ten years will have lots of diamonds and warts, but history and fans will remember Theo as a pretty good GM.  Except the irrational few.   
    Posted by CablesWyndBairn[/QUOTE]

The MRIs on Jenk's embolism saw cholesterol and plaque from Popeye's chicken.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from carnie. Show carnie's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Mazz: Theo Epstein had LITTLE to do with Sox success. : Guessing is why completing 9th grade is still on your list of long term goals.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from OurMan. Show OurMan's posts

Theo Chicks better get going...the last bus to Chicago leaves South Station around 11pm.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from UticaClub. Show UticaClub's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Mazz: Theo Epstein had LITTLE to do with Sox success. : Hey Law, you're right!! It's time to move on! Feel better now?
    Posted by Soxdog67[/QUOTE]

LOL

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from carnie. Show carnie's posts

[QUOTE]Theo Chicks better get going...the last bus to Chicago leaves South Station around 11pm.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from UticaClub. Show UticaClub's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Mazz: Theo Epstein had LITTLE to do with Sox success. : LOL
    Posted by UticaClub[/QUOTE]

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from OurMan. Show OurMan's posts

[QUOTE]Theo Chicks better get going...the last bus to Chicago leaves South Station around 11pm.
    Posted by OurMan[/QUOTE]

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from OurMan. Show OurMan's posts

Very little.

Quite a few discussion threads about Theo's failure as Sox GM popping up.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rutland76. Show Rutland76's posts

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from OurMan. Show OurMan's posts

Have a great trip Ruland, take off your pink hat on the bus and have fun in Chicago.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from OurMan. Show OurMan's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Mazz: Theo Epstein had LITTLE to do with Sox success. : Banned for what? Predicting the 2008 season? Predicting the 2009 season? Predicting the 2010 season? Predicting the 2011 season? Banned because Theo Chicks couldn't stand hearing the truth, which meant we just got to see it all play out on the field. Who TOLD you Lackey was a waste of roster space BEFORE Theo got him? Me. Who TOLD you the John Smoltz, Brad Penny Theo Epstein retread projects would fail? ME Who told you keeping Buchholz instead of getting Halladay was a mistake BOTH times Theo did it? Ditto. Take a seat...I've been here for years.
    Posted by OurMan[/QUOTE]

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from RedSoxFan2OO4. Show RedSoxFan2OO4's posts

The only guys agreeing with Law are himself on multiple accounts.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from Joebreidey. Show Joebreidey's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Mazz: Theo Epstein had LITTLE to do with Sox success. : Some bad? There are THREE World Series trophies scattered around MLB that should be on display at the corner of Landsdowne and Yawkey Way. 2005, 2008, 2010 We paid the highest ticket prices in MLB for what? For Epstein to demolish a MLB dynasty. Theo Epstein is the Barack Obama of MLB. Incompetent, overrated and loose with other people's money.
    Posted by OurMan[/QUOTE]

Like I said before, no matter how good Theo is, he cannot win every single year.  I appreciate your support of Theo, but winning a WSC 50% of the time is unrealistic.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from Joebreidey. Show Joebreidey's posts

[QUOTE]Very little. Quite a few discussion threads about Theo's failure as Sox GM popping up.
    Posted by OurMan[/QUOTE]

I guess I will have to take solace in my collection of Red Sox WSC shirts.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from SonicsMonksLyresVicars. Show SonicsMonksLyresVicars's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Mazz: Theo Epstein had LITTLE to do with Sox success. : Well, I was a Theo Chick, and the whole "pink hat" thing is sexist, since I have a pink hat and a pink shirt as I'm sure many other female fans do as well. I'm also sure I'm not going to be his favorite poster, but I'll still never believe he's a Sox fan.
    Posted by kimsaysthis[/QUOTE]

It's absolutely sexist.  Casual sexist gibes, while not a harbinger of the apocalypse, are part of the ongoing discrimination against women e.g. earning 80% of salary as a man for the same job.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from OurMan. Show OurMan's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Mazz: Theo Epstein had LITTLE to do with Sox success. : Like I said before, no matter how good Theo is, he cannot win every single year.  I appreciate your support of Theo, but winning a WSC 50% of the time is unrealistic.
    Posted by Joebreidey[/QUOTE]

Every single year?
    WRONG.

The Red Sox could have won World Series titles in all those years if we had a decent GM instead of Theo.