Mazz trying to save his JOB!

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from promise4you. Show promise4you's posts

Mazz trying to save his JOB!

This taken from his column!

"Let’s get this out there, just so there are no questions about intent or purpose: today’s blog entry was specifically requested by the editors of the Boston Globe to provide perspective from someone involved in yesterday's encounter."

The Globe said get it together or your gone! This guys career is over! Never take the witch hunt route, it did not work in Salem many years ago and it wont work now. I say Mazz will be gone in less that 2 weeks from the Globe, I say asta la vista!

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonTrollSpanker. Show BostonTrollSpanker's posts

Re: Mazz trying to save his JOB!

Can't stand Mazz but he isn't going anywhere. The Globe isn't responsible for what Mazz says on his radio show and vice versa. They asked him to write about the incident, and he did.  Unfortunately the state of local sports media means that we're stuck with a bunch of eyeball seeking blowhards and hacks.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from hill55. Show hill55's posts

I'm not a big fan of Tony Massarotti, but is the columnist now the subject of the OP's witch hunt?

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from promise4you. Show promise4you's posts

In Response to Re: Mazz trying to save his JOB!:
    [QUOTE]Can't stand Mazz but he isn't going anywhere. The Globe isn't responsible for what Mazz says on his radio show and vice versa. They asked him to write about the incident, and he did.  Unfortunately the state of local sports media means that we're stuck with a bunch of eyeball seeking blowhards and hacks.
    Posted by BostonTrollSpanker[/QUOTE]

Spanker, I disagree here, they basically spanked (pun intended) Mazz and reminded him where he makes his bacon. This guy is as low as the the guy he did the witch hunt with!

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from royf19. Show royf19's posts

In Response to Mazz trying to save his JOB!:
    [QUOTE]This taken from his column! "Let’s get this out there, just so there are no questions about intent or purpose: today’s blog entry was specifically requested by the editors of the Boston Globe to provide perspective from someone involved in yesterday's encounter." The Globe said get it together or your gone! This guys career is over! Never take the witch hunt route, it did not work in Salem many years ago and it wont work now. I say Mazz will be gone in less that 2 weeks from the Globe, I say asta la vista!
    Posted by promise4you[/QUOTE]

I've seen some gigantic leaps taken but wow, this is one of the biggest. Mazz isn't going anywhere. I don't see it a particularly big deal that his boss at the Globe asked for commentary in their publication on something he was involved with at the radio station.

Mazz does go over the top at times like all columnists, but he was somewhat tame compared to Felger and DA.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from promise4you. Show promise4you's posts

[QUOTE]I'm not a big fan of Tony Massarotti, but is the columnist now the subject of the OP's witch hunt?
    Posted by hill55[/QUOTE]

Hill, we seem to have a problem with each other, I have no witch hunt, BUT i clearly (and I make it obvious) think that Mazz is a terrible writer and is trying to make a career out of tarnishing others. As i stated, you and I seem to have a problem, im not sure where you get the OP (ME) is on a witch hunt. I made a statement. you seem to be an arrogant azz at times and im not sure why, other you than you and I disagree often!

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from fivekatz. Show fivekatz's posts

I read his blog post. A very defensive - offensive IMO.

His access I am sure will shrink but with the changing winds in media it will matter little as he becomes a bookend shock-jock looking to out WEEI, WEEI.

I have never quite gotten the vitriol about the Trio. They have been so bad for the RS. They cleaned up a run down ancient building, put entertaining teams on the field every year and have found ways to create more revenue that has always gone back into the product on the field.

Yes they are outsiders. I guess it a crying shame that MLB did not award the team to those local beacons of baseball excellence, Frank and Jamie McCourt.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from promise4you. Show promise4you's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Mazz trying to save his JOB! : I've seen some gigantic leaps taken but wow, this is one of the biggest. Mazz isn't going anywhere. I don't see it a particularly big deal that his boss at the Globe asked for commentary in their publication on something he was involved with at the radio station. Mazz does go over the top at times like all columnists, but he was somewhat tame compared to Felger and DA.
    Posted by royf19[/QUOTE]

Roy, Money talks and the Globe is sure worried right now about how much Mr Henry is irritated. If I am wrong I will come back and eat my words. And hopefully if im correct you will come back and acknowledge that.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from promise4you. Show promise4you's posts

[QUOTE]I read his blog post. A very defensive - offensive IMO. His access I am sure will shrink but with the changing winds in media it will matter little as he becomes a bookend shock-jock looking to out WEEI, WEEI. I have never quite gotten the vitriol about the Trio. They have been so bad for the RS. They cleaned up a run down ancient building, put entertaining teams on the field every year and have found ways to create more revenue that has always gone back into the product on the field. Yes they are outsiders. I guess it a crying shame that MLB did not award the team to those local beacons of baseball excellence, Frank and Jamie McCourt.
    Posted by fivekatz[/QUOTE]

Agreed Katz, i think you are correct, except it will happen quickly!

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from royf19. Show royf19's posts

[QUOTE]I read his blog post. A very defensive - offensive IMO. His access I am sure will shrink but with the changing winds in media it will matter little as he becomes a bookend shock-jock looking to out WEEI, WEEI. I have never quite gotten the vitriol about the Trio. They have been so bad for the RS. They cleaned up a run down ancient building, put entertaining teams on the field every year and have found ways to create more revenue that has always gone back into the product on the field. Yes they are outsiders. I guess it a crying shame that MLB did not award the team to those local beacons of baseball excellence, Frank and Jamie McCourt.
    Posted by fivekatz[/QUOTE]

I agree. I've been posting the same thing. But the vitriol from the media is aimed mostly on the guess that Henry was involved in the Francona info and some other issues of the past month. Beyond that, most have been supportive of Henry

I think more of the vitriol has been from the fans -- or at least posters on this site and fans who call in to the radio shows. Some of the callers I've heard the past week make me wonder if any of them have any functioning brain cells.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from hill55. Show hill55's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Mazz trying to save his JOB! : Hill, we seem to have a problem with each other, I have no witch hunt, BUT i clearly (and I make it obvious) think that Mazz is a terrible writer and is trying to make a career out of tarnishing others. As i stated, you and I seem to have a problem, im not sure where you get the OP (ME) is on a witch hunt. I made a statement. you seem to be an arrogant azz at times and im not sure why, other you than you and I disagree often!
    I thought we generally agreed with each other and I've humbly accepted your compliment on at least one occasion.

We can agree to disagree on this issue ... I'm cool with that.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from royf19. Show royf19's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Mazz trying to save his JOB! : Roy, Money talks and the Globe is sure worried right now about how much Mr Henry is irritated. If I am wrong I will come back and eat my words. And hopefully if im correct you will come back and acknowledge that.

Why does the Globe care how much Henry is irritated?

Heck the story that started it all is Bob Hohler's story. Does that mean his job is jeopardy?

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from promise4you. Show promise4you's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Mazz trying to save his JOB! : I thought we generally agreed with each other and I've humbly accepted your compliment on at least one occasion. We can agree to disagree on this issue ... I'm cool with that.
    Posted by hill55[/QUOTE]

Hill, I personally think your one of the most honest tell it as it is guys here. Im just not sure why you think im on a witch hunt and that is upsetting to me. I love my sox, make no bones about it and never beat them down. I'll take back the lean years anyday, at least it was fun when i cried then!
    Peace!

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from promise4you. Show promise4you's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Mazz trying to save his JOB! : Why does the Globe care how much Henry is irritated? Heck the story that started it all is Bob Hohler's story. Does that mean his job is jeopardy?
    Posted by royf19[/QUOTE]

Im sure the globe does not care when the Herald gets the top interviews instead of the globe. Do you think they do this for fun or to entertain you? Its about money, the guys with the best connections get the best interviews and best stories. Roy im sorry, but im not sure you have a clue! Now you can go on your usual attack!

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from UticaClub. Show UticaClub's posts

Just read the column. What a jerk Mazz is. Never thought I'd say this but he irritates me more than Softlaw does. Here is a link to the column.

http://www.boston.com/sports/columnists/massarotti/2011/10/by_tony_massarotti_globe_colum_2.html?p1=News_links

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from royf19. Show royf19's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Mazz trying to save his JOB! : Im sure the globe does not care when the Herald gets the top interviews instead of the globe. Do you think they do this for fun or to entertain you? Its about money, the guys with the best connections get the best interviews and best stories. Roy im sorry, but im not sure you have a clue! Now you can go on your usual attack!

Who's attacking whom? And why so defensive? I don't get it. I'm just disagreeing with your point of view. Is that how you take it when someone disagrees with you that they're attacking you? Geez ... step back and take a breath.

You're all over the map here. How does the Herald get involved all of a sudden get in the picture. Mazz is a web columnist whose stuff sometimes gets in the paper and a radio host. If anyone is going to get fired for not getting an interview, it's the beat writer, not the columnist.

Mazz gets paid for being opinionated, and if they haven't fired him, Shaughnessy, Will McDonough (back in the day) for being way over the line at times (Bob Ryan IMO doesn't cross the line as often or as far), why would they fire him.

The Henry-on-the-radio was a big story, so of course the Globe wants to milk it. And this is where you can bring the Herald into it. Mazz was part of the interview, not any Herald writer and not Abraham, Cafardo, Shaughnessy or Ryan, and Felger doesn't writer for the Globe. So of course they're going to want him to write a first-person account because he could add a perspective -- eye contact -- for instance that might not have come through on the radio.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from royf19. Show royf19's posts

[QUOTE]Just read the column. What a jerk Mazz is. Never thought I'd say this but he irritates me more than Softlaw does. Here is a link to the column. http://www.boston.com/sports/columnists/massarotti/2011/10/by_tony_massarotti_globe_colum_2.html?p1=News_links
    Posted by UticaClub[/QUOTE]

Eh ... I had mixed feelings about the column. There were parts I thought were OK and others that I didn't like.

Sort of my view of Mazz. He was a good beat writer for the Herald when he covered the Sox. As a columnist, I like Ryan and Shaughnessy better. Mazz has his moments but other times, it looks like he's trying to stir something just for the sake of stirring something.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from promise4you. Show promise4you's posts

Roy this says it all for you,

I'm never wrong. Thought I was wrong once, but I was mistaken.

I did not attack, just gave you the opening to do so. Maybe you need to go back and read what I said, but if you do not understand how business works, dont waste your time.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from UticaClub. Show UticaClub's posts

Quote from Mazz that I find to be unbelievable:

"Henry seemed legitimately angry. Certainly, he had every right to be. But many of us in this business say and write preposterous things all the time, the words often disappearing without any acknowledgment whatsoever because our subjects know there is nothing behind them."

If we read and listen to Mazz and Felger, are we supposed to not take anything that they say seriously? Are all of their opinions and information complete BS? Are we wasting our time because everything that they say is "preposterous"  and there is "nothing behind them"? Do all of the listeners know that everything said is pure, unadulterated BS and should not be taken seriously? If so then why bother reading Mazz columns or listening to the talk show? It is unbelievable to me that anyone would want to waste a minute of their life listening to these idiots if they themselves admit that their act is ALL entertainment and of no factual merit. Why would anyone with an opinion call into a talk show when the hosts admit that it is all fake and artificial?

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from royf19. Show royf19's posts

[QUOTE]Roy this says it all for you, I'm never wrong. Thought I was wrong once, but I was mistaken. I did not attack, just gave you the opening to do so. Maybe you need to go back and read what I said, but if you do not understand how business works, dont waste your time.

That you're making a big deal of my signature, which most reasonable readers would know is meant tongue in cheek, actually says it all about you -- making a big deal out of nothing.

Also, that you chose not respond to my recent post, which explains my point and how I disagree with you, again proves my point. I've tried to have  have a discussion and you simply choose to attack me again.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from fivekatz. Show fivekatz's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Mazz trying to save his JOB! : Im sure the globe does not care when the Herald gets the top interviews instead of the globe. Do you think they do this for fun or to entertain you? Its about money, the guys with the best connections get the best interviews and best stories. Roy im sorry, but im not sure you have a clue! Now you can go on your usual attack!
    Posted by promise4you[/QUOTE]I have to be honest, if the Globe's intention was for Mazz to clean something up, that was far from it. Mazz certainly went on the offense in his self defense if that was the purpose.

While understand why many fans don't get NESV and how the racing ventures, Liverpool FC and less splashy investments actually compliment the RS is Mazz really that ignorant or is he feeding the beast?

I really don't get why John Henry's will is anybody's business, I didn't when I heard the interview and still don't.

He insists no matter what Henry says or Mazz's colleague says that the ownership group is behind the Francona leak.

He then admits that this went on in Boston long before the Trio got here but fails to connect the dots. It is has long been the reputation of those in Mazz's profession to do that in this town. It has gone on since Ruth was sold to the NYY.

More on the Francona thing. On one hand Mazz is quick to bash the leak but also bashes the RS for not saying that they were not going to have Francona back no matter what Terry said? What purpose would it serve? Strip Francona of some dignity for to feed the curiosity of fans and tools like Mazz?

The interview and this blog post are both circular logic, demanding answers, where it gets answers, discount the answers and raise the same question and demand the answer yet again.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from UticaClub. Show UticaClub's posts

Like I said in my previous post and Mazz admits is:

Columnists and talk radio hosts have no need to be held accountable, be truthful or sincere, be accurate and thorough. Their job description is to be entertaining and enhance ratings. Mazz admits as much in his statement:

Many of us in this business say and write preposterous things all the time, the words often disappearing without any acknowledgment whatsoever because our subjects know there is nothing behind them."

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from fivekatz. Show fivekatz's posts

[QUOTE]Like I said in my previous post and Mazz admits is: Columnists and talk radio hosts have no need to be held accountable, be truthful or sincere, be accurate and thorough. Their job description is to be entertaining and enhance ratings. Mazz admits as much in his statement: Many of us in this business say and write preposterous things all the time, the words often disappearing without any acknowledgment whatsoever because our subjects know there is nothing behind them."
    Posted by UticaClub[/QUOTE]Where I think he is wrong is that too often not only do their subjects take note but so do their families and friends. And while people like Mazz probably don't care they hurt people.

By example exactly why was Mazz's radio partner bringing the tgwo year old rumors about a NESN sideline reporter and a player into stories about a 7-20 September?  For personal gain at the expense of others.

Nasty way to make a living.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from UticaClub. Show UticaClub's posts

Easy answer. Mazz and Felger are only concerned about ratings and to he-ll with being truthful, sincere, honest, and accountable. If they trash Heidi along the way then so be it. Money talks. They have no shame.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from BurritoT. Show BurritoT's posts

I am still all for knowing who the bad apples were, at the same time its getting old and 2012 is nealry here.

I did feel Mazz and Felger showed tremendous disrespect on the radio show to Mr. Henry. Their voices were raised often and they kept calling him by his first name, I doubt they would have called Mr. Yawkey "Tom."

Anyhow the whole interiew was awful from their side, Mr. Henry was reasonable and seemingly down to Earth.