Mazz trying to save his JOB!

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from UticaClub. Show UticaClub's posts

Re: Mazz trying to save his JOB!

In Response to Re: Mazz trying to save his JOB!:
    [QUOTE]I am still all for knowing who the bad apples were, at the same time its getting old and 2012 is nealry here. I did feel Mazz and Felger showed tremendous disrespect on the radio show to Mr. Henry. Their voices were raised often and they kept calling him by his first name, I doubt they would have called Mr. Yawkey "Tom." Anyhow the whole interiew was awful from their side, Mr. Henry was reasonable and seemingly down to Earth.
    Posted by BurritoT[/QUOTE]

Kudos to you for taking the time to listen to the full interview. I am surprised that you aren't on the Mazz bandwagon.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from BurritoT. Show BurritoT's posts

I listened to it twice. Your suprise is unsurprising dumb-bell.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from promise4you. Show promise4you's posts

So Roy, who I have had issue's with before, states that I have an issue with  his signature? Please dont honor yourself, but your correct I do have an issue with you. You want to attack people that dont agree with you, and you foster that in many threads. Let me do the math for you, you have the time to make 6.77 posts a day, your one of those who feel that your entitled and if folks dont agree with you then you do the obvious, I told you before, dont like me? Dont read me! You see this is a sports commenting board, you dont like? Dont read it, you and the few other 5,000 plus posters have no more power here than the ones with 1 post. Now shoo before the witch drops a house on your mothers basement where you live!

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from RSF4Life234. Show RSF4Life234's posts

I dont care for Mazz hes pushy about those sling boxes.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from kimsaysthis. Show kimsaysthis's posts

[QUOTE]Like I said in my previous post and Mazz admits is: Columnists and talk radio hosts have no need to be held accountable, be truthful or sincere, be accurate and thorough. Their job description is to be entertaining and enhance ratings. Mazz admits as much in his statement: Many of us in this business say and write preposterous things all the time, the words often disappearing without any acknowledgment whatsoever because our subjects know there is nothing behind them."
    Posted by UticaClub[/QUOTE]

That was unbelievable, and I'll add:

"Maybe that is merely a reflection of the provincial nature of Bostonians, who often treat visitors like enemies."

It's amazing he writes for the people of Boston with that logic.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from harness. Show harness's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Mazz trying to save his JOB! : Why does the Globe care how much Henry is irritated? Heck the story that started it all is Bob Hohler's story. Does that mean his job is jeopardy?
    Posted by royf19[/QUOTE]

It oughta be. But he'll likely get a month's paid vacation.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from royf19. Show royf19's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Mazz trying to save his JOB! : It oughta be. But he'll likely get a month's paid vacation.
    Posted by harness[/QUOTE]

Hohler's story was one of those that I have mixed feelings on. As a fan, I want to know what's going on. And I understand that to get that info, it's going to take unnamed sources because they don't want to burn bridges or get fired or whatever. The problem is that you don't know how who the sources are so you don't know what their motives might be, so you don't know how credible the statements are. On the other hand, Hohler is an excellent reporter and I'm not going to automatically distrust everybody. A good (professional) reporter wouldn't use a source if it wasn't credible. 

So it comes down to this. If you trust that there are people in their profession, whether it's a reporter, lawyer, mechanic, plumber, etc. who try to do their job in an honest professional manner, then you can believe the sources and the story.

Let's face it. As a fan, I want to know why the collapse happened. The problem wasn't Hohler's story as much as the unprofessional attacks that others like Felger and Mazz and DA, for example, did on the radio, ripping Henry's character, that he spread the Francona info, without any proof.