McAdam: AL GM won’t trade for Beckett:‘because the GM of that club didn't want him infecting his clubhouse’- Do you agree with the AL GM?

1. This post has been removed.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from EnchiladaT. Show EnchiladaT's posts

Re: McAdam: AL GM won’t trade for Beckett:‘because the GM of that club didn't want him infecting his clubhouse...

In Response to Re: McAdam: AL GM won’t trade for Beckett:‘because the GM of that club didn't want him infecting his clubhouse’- Do you agree with the AL GM?:
    [QUOTE]2004Idiots seems to have a propensity to find tidbits of information like this that are half-truths, innuendo, and speculation and then runs to his computer to start another negative thread that adds to the cancer of the BDC forum. It must make happy for some reason.
    Posted by Calzone65[/QUOTE]

There you go champ! Finally targerting those who would ruin the forum. J-BAY loves Idiocy.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from J-BAY. Show J-BAY's posts

Re: McAdam: AL GM won’t trade for Beckett:‘because the GM of that club didn't want him infecting his clubhouse...

In Response to Re: McAdam: AL GM won’t trade for Beckett:‘because the GM of that club didn't want him infecting his clubhouse’- Do you agree with the AL GM?:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: McAdam: AL GM won’t trade for Beckett:‘because the GM of that club didn't want him infecting his clubhouse’- Do you agree with the AL GM? : There you go champ! Finally targerting those who would ruin the forum. J-BAY loves Idiocy.
    Posted by EnchiladaT[/QUOTE]

Excuse me, B??

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from AL34. Show AL34's posts

Becketts mannerisms and body English are terrible and he should have come clean last off season and did not. He is not what he once was and I frankly do not know what is wrong with him. Maybe he cannot live with the way he behaved last year and got a really decent guy fired because he could not supervise himself and act like a man. He is not the only one John Lackey was another guy as well along with Jon Lester. Jon Lester was very supported by Tito Francona when he was sick and had his support when he came back against Cleveland in 2007. Terry said he was like a son to him. One thing about Lester is that he owned up to his behaviour. Josh Beckett displays mannerisms that make him look like a spoiled child. The bottom line is that Bobby Valentine is the manager, not Josh Beckett.

5. This post has been removed.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from J-BAY. Show J-BAY's posts

[QUOTE]You defend Idiocy many times but start a thread asking why so many people have left the forum. Yes or No? For me you can call me out all you want, I may be the only poster who has started negative threads about themselves in the history of BDC. 

call you out?  I asked what you were referring to. I dont recall defending 2004 many times. I responded yesterday to a post questioning what the issue was with articles, tweets and updates being posted about the team on a sox forum. I don't have a probem with it and don't appreciate you dragging me into your dispute with '04. to each his own.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from georom4. Show georom4's posts

do you really need this anonymous quote to tell you that josh is probably not desired by mlb GMs?

seriously, that's funny

would you want him/trade for him???

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from DirtyWaterLover. Show DirtyWaterLover's posts

Do you think McAdams is Edes's unnamed source and Edes is McAdams's unnamed source?

If this is true, I guess there's no chance anyone will be taking Lakey next year?

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from J-BAY. Show J-BAY's posts

[QUOTE]Well JB who's posts are being deleted? Am I some sort of threat? I merely point out what a detriment Idiots is to the forum (no cuss words) and my post evaporates? I have seen numerous posters get their posts deleted when they reasonably question Idiots contribution to the board. This is why I go off on a tangent and get booted... I am damn right about it but I fail to hold my temper when I see posts deleted on the matter.

How about just ignoring certain posters, B. Some irritate most here. Can't change it, so why not just avoid them? I agree, no poster should have the ability to ban another, if that's indeed what is happening.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from attic-dan. Show attic-dan's posts

McAdam mentions one GM of one club. The Sox still have 28 more to deal with. I'm sure more share the GM's misgivings, that is why the Sox would have to eat part of his contract, or take on another teams dead weight. A deal can be done if the willingness is there, afterall the Yanks jetisoned Burnett.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from EnchiladaT. Show EnchiladaT's posts

Because when I log on and see 8 of the first 10 threads usurped by two fools it becomes obvious what is wrong here. Yet you start a thread asking why is the forum cupboard bare.

12. This post has been removed.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from J-BAY. Show J-BAY's posts

[QUOTE]Because when I log on and see 8 of the first 10 threads usurped by two fools it becomes obvious what is wrong here. Yet you start a thread asking why is the forum cupboard bare.

It doesn't bother me, B. I can't speak for anyone else. I think what's more detrimental to the forum are the multiple screen names, thread bumping and impersonating of other posters, which was the point of my thread topic. there are enough discussion here to pick and choose the ones you're interested in and avoid the others.  There's no policy against any of it and the forum isn't moderated to the extent it should be

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from georom4. Show georom4's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: McAdam: AL GM won’t trade for Beckett:‘because the GM of that club didn't want him infecting his clubhouse’- Do you agree with the AL GM? : Padilla is on the top 40 list of Clubhouse Cancers and is probably not wanted on most teams. Why not start a thread about him? Let's drag down this whole team if that is the name of the game on this forum? Why didn't 2004Idiots start a thread about the top 40 Clubhouse Cancers? The forum needs more negativity, right?
    Posted by Calzone65[/QUOTE]

Padilla is affordable...beckett is not - thats the point Pike - Josh's unfavorability reputation is not just based on his antics, idiotic comments, and inconsistent pitching...and why are you comparing these two pitchers at all? answer the question for once ...would you trade for him if you were a mlb GM....instead of commenting on the commentators, take a stand you salami...

15. This post has been removed.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Thesemenarecowards. Show Thesemenarecowards's posts

[QUOTE]Do you think McAdams is Edes's unnamed source and Edes is McAdams's unnamed source?
    Posted by DirtyWaterLover[/QUOTE]

I'm pretty sure Olney is his own unnamed source.

17. This post has been removed.

18. This post has been removed.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from traven. Show traven's posts

If Beckett were the wonderful, talented and highly desirable type of player that GMs wanted on their team...they would beat a path to the Sox door and offer the Sox the world for him.  Let's count those offers...hmm.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from georom4. Show georom4's posts

[QUOTE]If Beckett were the wonderful, talented and highly desirable type of player that GMs wanted on their team...they would beat a path to the Sox door and offer the Sox the world for him.  Let's count those offers...hmm.
    Posted by traven[/QUOTE]

exactly, he will be coveted by the same mlb team that hired Francona...remember that whopper....????

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheRedStain. Show TheRedStain's posts

If I was the GM, I would agree with Cherrington: I already have pro quality pitchers like Beckett on my roster, so why would I "sell low" just to acquire another "pro quality" pitcher - say Josh Johnson - to do the same job? Beckett's WHIP this season is 1.274, while Johnson's is worse at 1.337. The answer is to get the guy you have to pitch up to his capability. Send him to the sports shrink, rest him a start, review his mechanics, review the pitch-calling. This team needs Beckett, Lester, Buchholz and Matzuzaka to deliver the goods. If they can add another SP, fine. But they cannot send any top-tier prospect for a 2 month rental when they are in last place! It could be there will be no deals to be made in this "seller's market" unless a reasonably priced quality arm falls into our lap. Chances are excellent other GM's hate the Chokees enough to help us out.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from andrewmitch. Show andrewmitch's posts

[QUOTE]If Beckett were the wonderful, talented and highly desirable type of player that GMs wanted on their team...they would beat a path to the Sox door and offer the Sox the world for him.  Let's count those offers...hmm.
    Posted by traven[/QUOTE]

As I've been saying for years - there was never a team willing to take on Drew's salary (without giving up any players!) and the same thing holds true for Beckett.....And Crawford....and most likely Gonzalez too given any team that could afford him already has a high priced 1B....

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from royf19. Show royf19's posts

It was probably said but probably to drive down the price. Whatever Beckett's effect is on the clubhouse, there certainly have been player much worse in that regard who still got traded and players with worse contracts who got traded.