McCuthchen for RF?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from tripleb2066. Show tripleb2066's posts

McCuthchen for RF?

http://www.mlbtraderumors.com/2011/11/pirates-would-consider-offers-andrew-mccutchen-.html

He is a guy I would sell the farm for. The next best thing after Upton. What would it take to get him?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from tripleb2066. Show tripleb2066's posts

Re: McCuthchen for RF?

McCutchen (Sp) oops.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheExaminer. Show TheExaminer's posts

Yeah, that'd be nice--he's a burner. Pitt might give him up, but man, it'd take a king's ransom. Send them Lowrie, Dice K,  and Lackey. Just make sure you get in the Pitt. FO with your Inception team the day before you offer.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from BurritoT. Show BurritoT's posts

Elles and your absolute two best prospects, Pitsburghs choice.  Elles gives them an all*star for two years while they continue the clubs 30 year rebuilding plan... McCutchen is worth the two propects because he indeed is a star.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

I've wanted this guy for years.

If we don't have the prospects they want, I'd deal Youk for prospects and flip them to Pitt. 

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from BurritoT. Show BurritoT's posts

How about Youk and Elles + your best pitching prospect. Pitt actually becomes a decent team quickly with Youk and Elles on loan for 1-2 years....

Of course this leaves a hole at DH/3B and we would need a Darren Lewis type for CF.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Joebreidey. Show Joebreidey's posts

In Response to Re: McCuthchen for RF?:
    How about Youk and Elles + your best pitching prospect. Pitt actually becomes a decent team quickly with Youk and Elles on loan for 1-2 years.... Of course this leaves a hole at DH/3B and we would need a Darren Lewis type for CF.
    Posted by BurritoT

I'm not sure how that improves us.  Ells is better than McCutchen, so we've downgraded in the OF, and at 3B, and lose our best minor league player maybe.  We'd be better off with Beltran or Cuddyer with less output, but keeping everyone else.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheExaminer. Show TheExaminer's posts

How about Youk and Elles + your best pitching prospect. Pitt actually becomes a decent team quickly with Youk and Elles on loan for 1-2 years.... Of course this leaves a hole at DH/3B and we would need a Darren Lewis type for CF.
    Posted by BurritoT

That's way too much for that guy. I don't see him as an improvement over Ellsbury, and he doesn't have the power Ellsbury does.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheExaminer. Show TheExaminer's posts

I've wanted this guy for years. If we don't have the prospects they want, I'd deal Youk for prospects and flip them to Pitt. 
    Posted by moonslav59

Interesting idea moon. I like that better than dealing Ellsbury. I'd go for it if you could replace Youk with a very good RH bat.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from BurritoT. Show BurritoT's posts

Your are both right, no reason to acquire him if you are not gonna ink him long-term and he will be as expensive as Elles. I jumped the gun there... 

So how about Youk, and our 2 best prospects? Then evaluate over 2012 which of the two (Elles, Mc) you want to try and keep. Damn these guys make a lot of money.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from iamme17. Show iamme17's posts

I've wanted this guy for years. If we don't have the prospects they want, I'd deal Youk for prospects and flip them to Pitt. 
    Posted by moonslav59
    pitt is gonna want a heck of a lot more than anything the sox can pull off in trading youk.I don't think they can pull in 1 blue chipper for youk never mind the 2 or 3 that the pirates are certain to demand.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheExaminer. Show TheExaminer's posts

Your are both right, no reason to acquire him if you are not gonna ink him long-term and he will be as expensive as Elles. I jumped the gun there...  So how about Youk, and our 2 best prospects? Then evaluate over 2012 which of the two (Elles, Mc) you want to try and keep. Damn these guys make a lot of money.
    Posted by BurritoT

Maybe, but like I told moon, I'd only go for that if the Sox can sign a really good RH bat to replace him. Not sure Middlebrooks is ready, assuming he didn't go in the trade. Be nice to sign Pujols and talk him into playing third. Hey, it's just a thought...

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from BurritoT. Show BurritoT's posts

I saw A Pujols play LF in Wrigley... 

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheExaminer. Show TheExaminer's posts

I saw A Pujols play LF in Wrigley... 
    Posted by BurritoT

THEY might move him to third if they lose Ramirez. But they need a 1b too don't they? But either way, I'm sure Theo will go for him. It'd be a jewell in his little cubbie crown.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from BurritoT. Show BurritoT's posts

No I meant i saw him play at Wrigley and  he was in LF. Laughing

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheExaminer. Show TheExaminer's posts

No I meant i saw him play at Wrigley and  he was in LF. 
    Posted by BurritoT

Really? LOL THAT had to look awkward. Was that when he first came up or something? When he could still run?

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from BurritoT. Show BurritoT's posts

It was 2003, an now looking up his stats it appears he played 113 games in LF that year - he also even logged a game at SS and 2B, and quite a few at 3B.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

In Response to Re: McCuthchen for RF? : Maybe, but like I told moon, I'd only go for that if the Sox can sign a really good RH bat to replace him. Not sure Middlebrooks is ready, assuming he didn't go in the trade. Be nice to sign Pujols and talk him into playing third. Hey, it's just a thought...
    Posted by TheExaminer

McCutchen has 4 more years of team control. I'd trade Youk and flip the prospects and add 1 or 2 of our own to get him. I wouldn't spend big on 3B or RF, but get a good RH'd bat to DH when Lava catches vs LHPs (Salty stinks vs LHPs).  I think Aviles and Lowrie could do pretty good platooning at 3B until Middlebrooks is ready. Remember, the RH'd hitter Lava will probably be taking lefty Papi's DH slot, so we are not going to be hurting as much from the right side anymore. Spend the money on pitching.

vs RHPs
    1) L Ells
    2) R McCut
    3) L AGon
    4) R Pedey
    5) L Craw
    6) R Lava
    7) S Salty
    8) R Aviles
    9) R Scutty

vs LHPs
    L Ells
    R McCut
    R Pedey
    L AGon
    R Lava (C)
    S Lowrie
    R Scutty
    ?Cody Ross?  (DH/OF)
    L Craw

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from hill55. Show hill55's posts

In Response to Re: McCuthchen for RF? : That's way too much for that guy. I don't see him as an improvement over Ellsbury, and he doesn't have the power Ellsbury does.
    Posted by TheExaminer

Bill James projects 19 homeruns each for Jacoby Ellsbury and Andrew McCutchen in 2012:

http://www.fangraphs.com/statss.aspx?playerid=4727&position=OF
    http://www.fangraphs.com/statss.aspx?playerid=9847&position=OF

20. This post has been removed.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from notin. Show notin's posts

In Response to Re: McCuthchen for RF? : McCutchen has 4 more years of team control. I'd trade Youk and flip the prospects and add 1 or 2 of our own to get him. I wouldn't spend big on 3B or RF, but get a good RH'd bat to DH when Lava catches vs LHPs (Salty stinks vs LHPs).  I think Aviles and Lowrie could do pretty good platooning at 3B until Middlebrooks is ready. Remember, the RH'd hitter Lava will probably be taking lefty Papi's DH slot, so we are not going to be hurting as much from the right side anymore. Spend the money on pitching. vs RHPs 1) L Ells 2) R McCut 3) L AGon 4) R Pedey 5) L Craw 6) R Lava 7) S Salty 8) R Aviles 9) R Scutty vs LHPs L Ells R McCut R Pedey L AGon R Lava (C) S Lowrie R Scutty ?Cody Ross?  (DH/OF) L Craw  
    Posted by moonslav59

I'm not so sure prospects acquired for Youkilis will be much in the way of getting McCutchen (who, apparently is not as available as first thought). 

If he were available, one would think Middlebrooks and Lavarnway would have to start the bidding.  And even then, we'd never be able to outbid the Braves, who have a surpuls of pitching prospects Pitt desperately needs.  Or the Royals, who apparently might not be willing to settle for Lorenzo Cain, and can put together an untoppable package if they want.  Or the pitching depth the CF-deplete Nationals have.

The problem with trying to get guys like McCutchen is that he is not priced out of most markets yet, and therefore anyone and everyone is a potential suitor.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxpride34. Show redsoxpride34's posts

mccutchen is a good player, but he is not the guy i would sell the farm for. After all he did hit .259 last year. If i am going to give up the kind of prospects pittsburgh would want in return for him I would much rather go after justin upton. 

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from southpaw777. Show southpaw777's posts

Posted by BurritoT

That would ad 20mm to Pitts payroll...not happening...Think young, cost controled..

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from BurritoT. Show BurritoT's posts

I give up, I did not think it through.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from seannybboi. Show seannybboi's posts

Youk, Kalish, Doubront, Ranaudo, Iglesias for McCutchen and Karstens

Youk at 1B for Pirates (can be their #4-5 hitter)
    Kalish at CF
    Doubront at bottom of their rotation
    Iggy back up for Barmes
    Ranaudo to add onto their farm

McC at RF for the Sox 
    Karstens #4-5 starter

Sections
Shortcuts