McCuthchen for RF?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from ADG. Show ADG's posts

Re: McCuthchen for RF?

In Response to McCuthchen for RF?:
    [QUOTE]http://www.mlbtraderumors.com/2011/11/pirates-would-consider-offers-andrew-mccutchen-.html He is a guy I would sell the farm for. The next best thing after Upton. What would it take to get him?
    Posted by tripleb2066[/QUOTE]

It would take the entire farm system.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from ADG. Show ADG's posts

In Response to Re: McCuthchen for RF?:
    [QUOTE]I've wanted this guy for years. If we don't have the prospects they want, I'd deal Youk for prospects and flip them to Pitt. 
    Posted by moonslav59[/QUOTE]

Moon - For someone so big on stats, it would take a minimum of 2 major league ready prospects and two other top prospects from the farm.

What do the Red Sox have?

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from ADG. Show ADG's posts

This is just a dumb thread.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from rgmfick. Show rgmfick's posts

Andrew is a fine young ML outfielder, plays CF and has the arm to play RF in Fenway.  He would be a fine acquisition and would service one of the Red Sox outfield needs for quite awhile.  Just not sure if the Red Sox are willing to give value necessary to acquire him, as the team has a different philosophy and lean towards
    developing its own players.  It would be surprising if the ownership made such a move, when it seems to be even struggling on which managerial candidate to hire. 

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: McCuthchen for RF? : Moon - For someone so big on stats, it would take a minimum of 2 major league ready prospects and two other top prospects from the farm. What do the Red Sox have?
    Posted by ADG[/QUOTE]

I think trading Youk to a contender in need of a 1Bman (STL, Milw, others...) would net us 2-3 very good prospects. I then said add 1-2 of our own and I am saying 4-5 prospects (maybe 2 of which are top ones) for McCutchen. 

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from rgmfick. Show rgmfick's posts

We, fans, should not speculate on trades and FA signings.  I recall Theo telling a Chat room after winning the 2004 WS that GM's do not pay much attention to discussions of fans regarding player matters.  I expect the Ownership and its FO are even firmer now about not listening to all of us.  So whether it is Albert Pujols, Carlos Beltran or Andrew McCutchen that we drool over, the team is going to make its own decisions, just as it should as Ownership has its money invested, we do not and we can always give up following ML baseball or rooting for the Red Sox.  A provoking thought to me is whether Theo wanted the team to exercise the 2 year Option on Terry Francona, how much the "on the fence" approach really bothered Francona and how that affected the players when they knew Ownership was not likely to keep Terry as Manager?  We will never know the answers, but I think the September swoon was a lot more about these issues and much less about popeyes fried chicken and beer in the clubhouse.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from UticaClub. Show UticaClub's posts

[QUOTE]This is just a dumb thread.
    Posted by ADG[/QUOTE]

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from hankwilliams. Show hankwilliams's posts

McCutchen Age 24 career OBP .365 SLG .458 OPS .822 OPS + 123

Ellsbury Age 28 career OBP .354 SLG .452 OPS .807 OPS + 109 

Joe, when you get your head out of your boot, let me know. Stupid is as stupid does.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from hankwilliams. Show hankwilliams's posts

Trade Ellsbury and Lowrie to the middle to larger market team(s) that has the prospects the Pirates want.

No question the Red Sox should work hard to close the deal that trades Ellsbury 2011 for career McCutchen, a better fit short and long term. McCutchen is the far superior talent. Youk needs to be retained in his final contract year, as his RH bat is most certainly needed, even with McCutchen.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from OnDeckCircle. Show OnDeckCircle's posts

In Response to McCuthchen for RF?:
    [QUOTE]http://www.mlbtraderumors.com/2011/11/pirates-would-consider-offers-andrew-mccutchen-.html He is a guy I would sell the farm for. The next best thing after Upton. What would it take to get him?
    Posted by tripleb2066[/QUOTE]

Far more than the Sox can possibly offer.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from GoUconn13. Show GoUconn13's posts

I think Boston rather to trade their own players for pitchings first before they need a RF.

So therefore, this McCuthchen is their last thing on their minds!!

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from hankwilliams. Show hankwilliams's posts

2009 Yankees. The market for pitching is typical and not there. McCutchen would be the missing RH bat in middle of lineup. The notion that the Red Sox offense of 2011 was consistent is false. It was season long cumalative strong, but it lacked the Rh middle order bat to simply offensively overwhelm even the better pitching performances.

InEsptein foolishly spent the fortune on Lackey, and bid against himself to overpay a Beckett who could have been extended for less. Red Sox will need to go with Beckett, Lester, Buch, Aceves and 2 or 3 veterans on 1 to 2M 1 year deals on veterans (not Wastefield) plus Doubrant, Weiland and farm hands. Red Sox will need to add 2 or 3 lower cost pen arms and 1 FA one year 5 to 8M veteran closer. 

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from coachzap. Show coachzap's posts

You actually think anybody cares what you think. I would rather hear the opinion of Bozo the Clown. I dont think Bozo wanted Cameron in CF and Ellsbury as 4th OFer. You will never live that down as far as I am concerned.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from GhostofTito. Show GhostofTito's posts

Why would anyone who knows squat about baseball suggest trading Ellsbury AND two prospects for a guy who is nowhere near as good as Ellsbury? Worse yet, the dope who proposed Ellsbury, Youkilis AND their best pitching prospect.
    We're not talking about Ryan Braun or Matt Kemp, we're talking about an erratic OF, who hit .259 last year.
    What is this insanity of people suggesting Ellsbury be included in every proposed deal, as if he were Jed Lowrie?

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Alibiike. Show Alibiike's posts

[QUOTE]I've wanted this guy for years. If we don't have the prospects they want, I'd deal Youk for prospects and flip them to Pitt. 

That may work, providing the team Youk goes to can afford him. I seriously doubt Pitt will want to give up their prize player though.

I still say we would have a better chance getting Francoeur, and for less. I'm surprised there is no one on this board wfo agrees that he would be a perfect fit in Boston.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: McCuthchen for RF? : That may work, providing the team Youk goes to can afford him. I seriously doubt Pitt will want to give up their prize player though. I still say we would have a better chance getting Francoeur, and for less. I'm surprised there is no one on this board wfo agrees that he would be a perfect fit in Boston.
    Posted by Alibiike[/QUOTE]

I have said I like Francoeur, but we can get Cody Ross for cheaper and not lose any players.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Alibiike. Show Alibiike's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: McCuthchen for RF? : I have said I like Francoeur, but we can get Cody Ross for sheaper and not lose any players.

True, but as a platoon player. I'd prefer a full-time RH hitting OFer.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Arodswallows. Show Arodswallows's posts

why would PITT trade for a player they can not afford in a year?
    for their only good player, no less...

only a contender would trade for a soon to be very expensive Borass client

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: McCuthchen for RF? : True, but as a platoon player. I'd prefer a full-time RH hitting OFer.
    Posted by Alibiike[/QUOTE]

I hear you, but think one of Reddick or Kalish would do fine playing half to most of the games vs RHPs while Ross plays vs LHPs and up to half the RHPs.

Francoeur's contract: $13.5M/2 ('12-'13) 
    Cody Ross's estimate: $6.5 - $7.5M/2  
    Saving is $3M per season x 2.
    Would have to trade prospects for Francoeur as well: I think we need all our prospects to trade for pitching.

Compare Francoeur to Cody Ross/Reddick-Kalish

Francouer (28 next year)
    '10-'11: 1159 PA  .269  33 HR  152 RBI   (.317/.436/.753)

C. Ross (31 next year)
    '10-'11: 1130 PA  .256  28 HR  117 RBI  (.323/.410/.733)

Splits
    vs RHP
    Jeff:   .260/.300/.410/.710
    Cody:.253/.313/.414/.727
    vs LHPs
    Jeff:    .299/.346/.493/.839
    Cody: .282/.349/.563/.912

Avg per 575 PAs
    vs RHPs
    Jeff:  .260  15  63
    Cody .253 16  67 
    vs LHPs
    Jeff :  .299  21    86
    Cody: .282  35 105

I'm not sure that Cody is not as good or better as a FT player than Jeff anyways.

In all fairness, Jeff had a much better 2011 season than Cody.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from GhostofTito. Show GhostofTito's posts

Yeah, let's have more of Hillbilly Reddick's crapola choking in the clutch, and misplaying balls in RF!
    Sure, I want that for 75% of the time in RF.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from UticaClub. Show UticaClub's posts

[QUOTE]Yeah, let's have more of Hillbilly Reddick's crapola choking in the clutch, and misplaying balls in RF! Sure, I want that for 75% of the time in RF.
    Posted by GhostofTito[/QUOTE]

I'm not aware of just where Reddick is from and I wouldn't hold that against him.. You sound like a bigot.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

[QUOTE]Yeah, let's have more of Hillbilly Reddick's crapola choking in the clutch, and misplaying balls in RF! Sure, I want that for 75% of the time in RF.
    Posted by GhostofTito[/QUOTE]

Do the math.  We face RHPs about 62% of the time, not 75%, and I said to play Ross up to half the time vs RHPs. That means Reddick might start about a third of the games. It might also be Kalish not Reddick.

Also, Reddick misplayed afew balls this year, but he is generally known as a very good fielder.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from nhsteven. Show nhsteven's posts

[QUOTE]Yeah, that'd be nice--he's a burner. Pitt might give him up, but man, it'd take a king's ransom. Send them Lowrie, Dice K,  and Lackey. Just make sure you get in the Pitt. FO with your Inception team the day before you offer.
    Posted by TheExaminer[/QUOTE]

Sorry, but that's not going to get it done. They don't want an injury prone platoon player and 2 pitching busts for one of the best all around young OFers in the game. In order to make a trade, you need to address their needs.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: McCuthchen for RF? : Sorry, but that's not going to get it done. They don't want an injury prone platoon player and 2 pitching busts for one of the best all around young OFers in the game. In order to make a trade, you need to address their needs.
    Posted by nhsteven[/QUOTE]

I think he was joking or just trying to get on your radar.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from nhsteven. Show nhsteven's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: McCuthchen for RF? : I think he was joking or just trying to get on your radar.
    Maybe he was joking, but he's not a radar type (which is sometimes called a troll)