McDonald

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from TW4069. Show TW4069's posts

McDonald

Why in the world is Darnell McDonald batting third??? His average coming into the game was .108. He couldn't hit water if he fell out of a boat. Wake up Tito!! 

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from jamesey271975. Show jamesey271975's posts

Re: McDonald

Hes batting 5th

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from TW4069. Show TW4069's posts

Sorry!!! So worked up over his place in the batting order that I put 3rd instead of 5th. He's now been up 3 times with men in scoring position with nothing to show for it. Reddick can't possibly be any worse.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from PaulLaCourse. Show PaulLaCourse's posts

In Response to Re: McDonald:
      Sorry!!! So worked up over his place in the batting order that I put 3rd instead of 5th. He's now been up 3 times with men in scoring position with nothing to show for it. Reddick can't possibly be any worse.
    Posted by TW4069

You're right. Reddick just singled, and against a lefthander no less.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from snakeoil123. Show snakeoil123's posts

I like Dmac a lot but I am sorry to say it looks like he might have to go.  I know it's a small sample size but he isn't cutting it.  He might need to go back down to AAA.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from slomag. Show slomag's posts

He was 10 for 29 and slugged .655 in AAA.  If we sent him down, you would be crying to bring him back up.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from 26RINGSANDCOUTING. Show 26RINGSANDCOUTING's posts

I like Dmac a lot but I am sorry to say it looks like he might have to go.  I know it's a small sample size but he isn't cutting it.  He might need to go back down to AAA.
    Posted by snakeoil123

HE HAS BEEN GAVEN MORE TIME THAN DENYS REYES WAS RIGHT

NOT AS MUCH AS LACKEY

AFFIRMATIVE ACTION CALLS FOR EQUALITY

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from ADG. Show ADG's posts

He was 10 for 29 and slugged .655 in AAA.  If we sent him down, you would be crying to bring him back up.
    Posted by slomag

He should be released, period. Just like Cameron. What good is the lefty/righty matchup when the righty batters (McDonald and Cameron) can't hit.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from betterredthandead. Show betterredthandead's posts

Losing Crawford has hurt this team. Theo did the right thing, paying 142M for a low OBP and a lefty bat like Crawford. With Bellsbury, the Red Sox OF Is potent with lefty hitting in the OF. Theo knew what he was doing when he signed Crawford. He has an abundance of solid RH OF hitting. Crawbury is potent, at a cost of more than entire Pirate payroll.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from fancy-shamanski. Show fancy-shamanski's posts

crawford isn't even playing chill out, ells and craw are fine.  its drew camron and dmac that need help.  Can't wait to shed that dead weight, maybe get a decent hitting RH RF?

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from snakeoil123. Show snakeoil123's posts

Posted by slomag

First of all I wouldn't be crying as I am not crying now.  My point is he might need to go down there and get some more regular at bats, because if he keeps hitting 100 they are going to DFA him.  Like I said I like the guy. He was a great story last year.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

Crawford was and is horrible vs LHPs.

One of our biggest weaknesses was exposed last night.

I think our righties up after AGon were 1 for 8 vs the lefty starter. DMac did hit the ball pretty hard for outs a couple times if I recall correctly.

VTek (the switch hitter) did better.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from harness. Show harness's posts

Losing Crawford has hurt this team. Theo did the right thing, paying 142M for a low OBP and a lefty bat like Crawford. With Bellsbury, the Red Sox OF Is potent with lefty hitting in the OF. Theo knew what he was doing when he signed Crawford. He has an abundance of solid RH OF hitting. Crawbury is potent, at a cost of more than entire Pirate payroll.
    Posted by betterredthandead

Finally! You see the light!!!

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from craze4sox. Show craze4sox's posts

In Response to McDonald:
    Why in the world is Darnell McDonald batting third??? His average coming into the game was .108. He couldn't hit water if he fell out of a boat. Wake up Tito!! 
    Posted by TW4069

Either way we need an upgrade if we intend to balance out our lineup.  This RF situation right now is hurting our team.  There has to be someone Theo can pick up that can help our cause.  Crawford should be back fairly soon but we need a better platoon guy.  Reddick should get more playing time and Theo really should try to move Cameron or Drew even if we pay a portion, or all of their salary.

Sections
Shortcuts