Mea Culpa & Shame on me for doubting

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from SFBostonFan. Show SFBostonFan's posts

Mea Culpa & Shame on me for doubting

Ya, I know it ain't over til it's over but I've seen this Tampa scenario too many times, 2 runs on 2 hits and we are 0-9 first 3 innings. Their starters seem to quiet our bats and give us 2/3 runs on 4/5 hits and then settle down & pitch until the 7th. They then scratch together 1-2 runs & beat us. But after today, their seemingly air of superiority & confidence in many games is now weakened.

We did get a break today with the misplacement of Ortiz' double but now we are in Maddon's head and maybe even Price who saw his buddy get hammered. Moore will be less confident should he face us in game 4 but let's hope for a 3 and out. Even though we were up 8-2 I'm happy we got into their relievers too.  Need to win tomorrow & I don't care if it's by 1 run but I'd love a blow out too.

Want our World Series title to come through California as I hope to make it to some A's games & will even drive down to tinsle town(UGH...hate la la land). SF almost has the same rivalry with LA teams as does Boston with NY. Want to proudly wear my Boston Strong t-shirt and "Bee" on my cap.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheExaminer. Show TheExaminer's posts

Re: Mea Culpa & Shame on me for doubting

I'll agree with this if they advance past TB, until then Im a doubter. I could live with, albeit with annoyance, losing to Oakland or Detroit in the ALCS. I cannot abide with losing to TB here, or to Stl or LA in the World Series. But even so, my REAL griping would only take place if they get dropped by the Rays in round one. Beyond that Im tolerable.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from SFBostonFan. Show SFBostonFan's posts

In response to TheExaminer's comment:

I'll agree with this if they advance past TB, until then Im a doubter. I could live with, albeit with annoyance, losing to Oakland or Detroit in the ALCS. I cannot abide with losing to TB here, or to Stl or LA in the World Series. But even so, my REAL griping would only take place if they get dropped by the Rays in round one. Beyond that Im tolerable.

===================================

I agree wholeheartedy...I'll be disgusted losing to Tampa & Maddon. Biggest reason I want A's & LA to win, although we'll be playing a lot of Sox alumni on both teams, as I said above I want to go to some games.

Of course, one benefit playing in Tampa's crappy stadium is that probably almost 50% of the fans are for us. We have a fan base, as NY, all over the country. Went to SF-Sox game & it was I would guess 30-35% filled with Sox shirts & "Bees" on caps. In addition to expats who work here many fans flew out also to holiday in SF & then went on down to LA to see us win 2 out of 3 but Kershaw did not pitch.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheExaminer. Show TheExaminer's posts

In response to SFBostonFan's comment:

I agree wholeheartedy...I'll be disgusted losing to Tampa & Maddon. Biggest reason I want A's & LA to win, although we'll be playing a lot of Sox alumni on both teams, as I said above I want to go to some games.

Of course, one benefit playing in Tampa's crappy stadium is that probably almost 50% of the fans are for us. We have a fan base, as NY, all over the country. Went to SF-Sox game & it was I would guess 30-35% filled with Sox shirts & "Bees" on caps. In addition to expats who work here many fans flew out also to holiday in SF & then went on down to LA to see us win 2 out of 3 but Kershaw did not pitch.

You think the cowbells are bad, wait til you are forced to listen to the tomahawk chop if we run into Atl. One of the most annoying things in sports, beleive me I know. I listened to it for years and years when the Reds were in the old NL West and played them 18 times a year during the early 90's. I hated that team as much if not more than I hate TB and NY now. I dont like LA, but it wouldnt bother me if they knock off Atl.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from SFBostonFan. Show SFBostonFan's posts

You think the cowbells are bad, wait til you are forced to listen to the tomahawk chop if we run into Atl. One of the most annoying things in sports, beleive me I know. I listened to it for years and years when the Reds were in the old NL West and played them 18 times a year during the early 90's. I hated that team as much if not more than I hate TB and NY now. I dont like LA, but it wouldnt bother me if they knock off Atl.

==============================

WOW...what hate. Don't forget the Braves' roots were in Boston and I'm old enough to say I saw them play at Braves Field on Commonwealth ave. Spahn & Sain & pray for rain...those were the days when pitchers sought to pitch complete games. Darn, in 1948 Cleveland beat the Sox in a 1 game playoff which prevented an only Boston teams world series. Cleveland then went on to beat the Braves. Ah yes...memories !!!

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheExaminer. Show TheExaminer's posts

==============================

WOW...what hate. Don't forget the Braves' roots were in Boston and I'm old enough to say I saw them play at Braves Field on Commonwealth ave. Spahn & Sain & pray for rain...those were the days when pitchers sought to pitch complete games. Darn, in 1948 Cleveland beat the Sox in a 1 game playoff  which prevented an only Boston teams world series. Cleveland then went on to beat the Braves. Ah yes...memories !!!

Your Giants ran afoul of that Braves team a few times too. I remember 93 when SF lost the West to Atl on the last day. Atl swept a 4 game series at SF that September, and the Giants lost to the Dodgers on the last day to miss the PS despite winning 103 games!

Sections
Shortcuts