Mea Culpa Time - Aviles

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

Re: Mea Culpa Time - Aviles

In Response to Re: Mea Culpa Time - Aviles:
    In response to "Re: Mea Culpa Time - Aviles": That pretty much seals the deal. If softy hates him, he must be pretty good. Remember, softy's favorite all time outfielder is JD Drew who could hit, run throw, field and hit with power, but just not very often. Aviles diid well to get to a grounder on the Pedroia side of of 2B, and should have gone to first right away, granted. Hardly a criminal offense. Oh, and he already has 3 errors, which means he could finish the year with 10 y So far he has been a real bargain and should easily knock in more runs this year than Drew ever did for the Sox in a season.
    Posted by maxbialystock

The all softy team:

C: VMart
    1B: Nick Johnson/Kotchman
    2B: BHall
    SS: Lugo
    3B: BHall's twin
    LF: DMac
    CF: Crisp
    RF: Nancy Drew
    DH: Papi

SP: Ben Sheets
    RP: JJ Putz

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxdirtdog. Show redsoxdirtdog's posts

In Response to Mea Culpa Time - Aviles:
    I was totally wrong about his as a shortstop - he is not overmatched, and he looks confident and fluid...and his hitting (although waning a bit) is as good as Marco's it seems (or at least comparable) A nice surprise and props to Ben/Bobby for sticking him there and staying with him of course i would still like to see Iggy ply his trade there as well...
    Posted by georom4

Didn't little bobby v. want Iggy in there???  Wan't he set straight by the powers that be???

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Schumpeters-Ghost. Show Schumpeters-Ghost's posts

A.  Aviles is better than Scutaro.

B.  Scutaro was horrible.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonTrollSpanker. Show BostonTrollSpanker's posts

Geo, nice job manning up on this. I hated the Scutaro trade also and I too have to give props to the new regime for this one. This was a good move. 

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chilliwings. Show Chilliwings's posts

Cool, Geo.  Mea culpas and apologies make people seem smart and strong....people that can never admit mistakes appear absurd and sad. Like your comment that "genocidal" was "just joking". People that can never admit mistakes and patronize other posters about the subject are abusrd and hopelessly demented.
    Posted by hankwilliamsjr

It obviously was a joke....you go on and on about it.  Absolutely pathetic.  The truth is that on the old "Religion and Sports" thread a poster persisted in posted quotes from the bible.  I asked him why, he didn't respond, so I started posting quotes from Richard Dawkins, one of which was:

“The God of the Old Testament is arguably the most unpleasant character in all fiction: jealous and proud of it; a petty, unjust, unforgiving control-freak; a vindictive, bloodthirsty ethnic cleanser; a misogynistic, homophobic, racist, infanticidal, genocidal, filicidal, pestilential, megalomaniacal, sadomasochistic, capriciously malevolent bully.”

As soon as I posted it I realised how much it reminded me of you and burst out laughing, so I immediately paraphrased it and made it my tag line.

Even funnier, you only complained about a handful of the adjectives including "genocidal", "bloody ethnic cleanser" and "infanticidal" - all unlikely to be true, IMO - but therefore effectively accepting all the others.  Hahaha.  And you're still going on about it!

And I'm still laughing at you.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from expitch. Show expitch's posts

I was one of the people very upset at the time of the marco trade... I didn't like mortensons career numbers and thought it was a total salary dump. After seeing Aviles and Mortenson I now see it was an upgrade to the bullpen for years to come and an upgrade at short. I guess that's why I sit on a couch and Ben is the one wheeling and dealing. Don't forget that the money saved allowed us to sign $3+M more in playrs: Ross or  Cook & Padilla or  Shoppach & Padilla
    Posted by moonslav59
    And these moves are turning out to be big winners.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from maxbialystock. Show maxbialystock's posts

Salty hasn't turned out too bad either, and Theo gets some credit for him.  Ditto the farm system and guys like Iglesias, Middlebrooks, Lavarnway, Doubront, etc. 

If there is a lesson, it must be to avoid blockbuster deals.  If it gets featured on ESPN, it was probably not a good deal.  I'm hoping AGon is an exception to that rule.  So far Pujols and Fielder are not. 

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from RedSox_Giants_Devils_Nicks. Show RedSox_Giants_Devils_Nicks's posts

Mike Aviles has a .306 OBP! He's a butcher for an everyday SS. Last night, he showed why he has no everyday SS instincts or talent. Ball hit sharply, runner going to second. Terrible footwork and anticipation and an enternity to make a decision not to go to second and then he misses the runner at first and doesn't get anyone. Perfect time to try and trade Aviles to a team that needs RH depth at 3B/SS/2B, with would include the Dbacks.
    Posted by hankwilliamsjr

um, that play was pedroias fault

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from william93063. Show william93063's posts

I am more pleasantly surprised   regarding his Defense.  I  expected decent offensive production and some pop in his bat, but he has overachieved offensively to this point. He has been arguably the biggest bright spot in the first quarter of the season.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from greenwellforpresident. Show greenwellforpresident's posts

Mike Aviles has a .306 OBP! He's a butcher for an everyday SS. Last night, he showed why he has no everyday SS instincts or talent. Ball hit sharply, runner going to second. Terrible footwork and anticipation and an enternity to make a decision not to go to second and then he misses the runner at first and doesn't get anyone. Perfect time to try and trade Aviles to a team that needs RH depth at 3B/SS/2B, with would include the Dbacks.
    Posted by hankwilliamsjr

Let's see, among AL shortstops Aviles is
    2nd in Runs
    3rd in Hits
    1st in Doubles
    2nd in Homeruns
    1st in RBI
    6th in SB
    5th in Avg
    2nd in Slg. pct
    4th in OPS
    so you focus on OBP, hilarious and par for the course.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

Mike is actually hitting below his career BA (.273 to .286), below his career OBP (.299 to .316), but has greatly increased his slugging % in the first quarter of this year (.427 to .483).

His career numbers with Boston are pretty impressive for a sample size approaching 300 PAs (esp for a SS):

.289/.314/.466/.779
    HRs 10
    2Bs  19
    RBIs 36

Project to 650 PAs;

.289  22  86 (with 46 2Bs/102 Runs)

League SS team average:
    '11: .258/.314/.370/.684
    '12: .251/.306/.364/.670

HRs: 12
    2Bs:  33
    RBIs: 74
    Runs: 93

These are whole team totals!

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from william93063. Show william93063's posts

Mike is actually hitting below his career BA (.273 to .286), below his career OBP (.299 to .316), but has greatly increased his slugging % in the first quarter of this year (.427 to .483). His career numbers with Boston are pretty impressive for a sample size approaching 300 PAs (esp for a SS): .289/.314/.466/.779 HRs 10 2Bs  19 RBIs 36 Project to 650 PAs; .289  22  86 (with 46 2Bs/102 Runs) League SS team average: '11: .258/.314/.370/.684 '12: .251/.306/.364/.670 HRs: 12 2Bs:  33 RBIs: 74 Runs: 93 These are whole team totals!
    Posted by moonslav59

Moon I was projecting him to be about a .275 hiter with between 16-18 home runs and 75 runs batted in with an OPS of .775 so his dip in OBP has hurt his OPS a tad.  In actuality his OPS is only slightly higher than the "Fenway effect" would benefit him since coming over from KC.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheExaminer. Show TheExaminer's posts

In Response to Re: Mea Culpa Time - Aviles : cmon softy, i was with you there for a while but admit it, he's been way better than we imagined...
    Posted by georom4

He's in feedback mode G, give it up, he'll never learn.

14. This post has been removed.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from devildavid. Show devildavid's posts

Aviles has been a nice surprise for me. His fielding has been solid and his hitting, while a bit up and down, has come through at key moments and sparked the offense.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from hankwilliamsjr. Show hankwilliamsjr's posts

Aviles is the butcher fielding and UIF plate man his career says he is. His OBP is nicely fallen to under .300, which is real nice for a leadoff hitter.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from hankwilliamsjr. Show hankwilliamsjr's posts

bloody ethnic cleanser" and "infanticidal" - all unlikely to be true,

What is true is your animus is manifest, despite your pitiful attempts to use NYT shill status to make the groundless comment of hatred, supra.

I've just burst out into laughter a the NYT shill status given to a mental midget with a distrubed mind.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from JimfromFlorida. Show JimfromFlorida's posts

Posted by hankwilliamsjr

Now you want to trade Aviles. You love trading RS SS's don't you. BTW Lowrie is as folows:

GPABRH2B3BHRRBIBBSOSBCSAVGOBPSLGOPS
    2012 Regular Season36135183970718172320.289.368.496.865

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chilliwings. Show Chilliwings's posts

bloody ethnic cleanser" and "infanticidal" - all unlikely to be true , What is true is your animus is manifest, despite your pitiful attempts to use NYT shill status to make the groundless comment of hatred, supra. I've just burst out into laughter a the NYT shill status given to a mental midget with a distrubed mind.
    Posted by hankwilliamsjr

So what are you saying, that those things are likely to be true?

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from snakeoil123. Show snakeoil123's posts

Aviles is the butcher fielding and UIF plate man his career says he is. His OBP is nicely fallen to under .300, which is real nice for a leadoff hitter.
    Posted by hankwilliamsjr

I agree.  With his home runs, doubles, slugging percentage and RBI he should be hitting third.

Good point.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from hankwilliamsjr. Show hankwilliamsjr's posts

Snakeoil salesman, I have just noted that Aviles is your #3 hitter. When this journey man bum is back on the back bench journey, soon, let's see which minor league team he's hitting third for;)

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from andrewmitch. Show andrewmitch's posts

In Response to Mea Culpa Time - Aviles:
    I was totally wrong about his as a shortstop - he is not overmatched, and he looks confident and fluid...and his hitting (although waning a bit) is as good as Marco's it seems (or at least comparable) A nice surprise and props to Ben/Bobby for sticking him there and staying with him of course i would still like to see Iggy ply his trade there as well...
    Posted by georom4

He was good at the end of last year - you didn't notice? 

Even if he regresses he's a useful bench player.

Although, compared to Lowrie, Lowrie has a much higher OBP.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

Mike's OBP is worrisome, especially as our leadoff hitter, but everything else has more than made up for it.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from georom4. Show georom4's posts

asking aviles to play ss, hit with power and bat lead off is a lil much, no? im happy with him...bat him 9th...

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from snakeoil123. Show snakeoil123's posts

Snakeoil salesman, I have just noted that Aviles is your #3 hitter. When this journey man bum is back on the back bench journey, soon, let's see which minor league team he's hitting third for;)
    Posted by hankwilliamsjr

I was being fictitious by making fun of your using his OBP to ridicule him while his run production for a lead off hitter is off the charts.  

It is quite odd to think you really are as dense as you come off in this forum.  Even knowing that you are a troll it is impossible not to make fun of you.

Sections
Shortcuts