Mea Culpa Time - Aviles

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from hankwilliamsjr. Show hankwilliamsjr's posts

Re: Mea Culpa Time - Aviles

Leadoff is about scoring runs by getting on base. When your fingers move and your drivel forms, you make fun of yourself. It isn't odd at all that you are a mental midget, not dense, but a mental midget who keeps pitching snakeoil.

Your ridicule of him is by suggesting how "off the charts he's been" at anything. He's on the charts, alright, and it isn't for "off the charts run producing".

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from harv53. Show harv53's posts

Aviles has a chip on his shoulder and is playing beyond his capabilities to prove everyone wrong, and I thoink it's rubbing off on the rest of the team.

If you look at the construct, particularly defensively, this team should be losing consistently. There are 3 only three true AS capable players, Pedroia, Papi, and Gonzalez, but theres a fire under this team and they are playing like I have not seen since 03 and 04. I like it!
    Perhaps Valentine is the reason.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from hankwilliamsjr. Show hankwilliamsjr's posts

I'm not impressed with the .500 record, as "there is a fire under this team". When they get a true superstar RH bat like Manny was, I'll buy into the "playiing like I have not seen since 03 and 04.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from greenwellforpresident. Show greenwellforpresident's posts

In Response to Re: Mea Culpa Time - Aviles:
    [QUOTE]Leadoff is about scoring runs by getting on base. When your fingers move and your drivel forms, you make fun of yourself. It isn't odd at all that you are a mental midget, not dense, but a mental midget who keeps pitching snakeoil. Your ridicule of him is by suggesting how "off the charts he's been" at anything. He's on the charts, alright, and it isn't for "off the charts run producing".
    Posted by hankwilliamsjr[/QUOTE]

Snakeoil just doesn't understand.  It doesn't matter that Aviles is 14th in Runs in the league and 10th in rbis.  What's important is his OBP because he bats leadoff, regardless of the fact that he's batting leadoff only because the sox leadoff hitter is injured and he was determined to be the best option there.  It doesn't matter that this thread was not about Aviles being the best leadoff hitter in the league, it was about Aviles doing much better than most expected and being a valuable addition to the offense.
    No need to poke fun of Snakeoil just because he doesn't get it.  Not everyone understand what's important as well as you and me.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from hankwilliamsjr. Show hankwilliamsjr's posts

it was about Aviles doing much better than most expected and being a valuable addition to the offense

I expected Aviles to swing for the fences and put up a short stint of potemkin slugging percentage in front of Pedroia. I expected Aviles to be a clumsy butcher as an everyday SS. I expected Aviles to have a low OBP and reflect the career journeyman UIF'er he is. I expected Aviiles to be a part of a Red Sox superstar RH plate profile offense that has too many games where they don't score more than 3 runs and the team flounders around .500. Unfortunately, my Linsanity expectations have been met.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from harv53. Show harv53's posts

[QUOTE]I'm not impressed with the .500 record, as "there is a fire under this team". When they get a true superstar RH bat like Manny was, I'll buy into the "playiing like I have not seen since 03 and 04.

I know you have said it's not the pitching but if you look at the pitching stats for April and May, you will see a marked improvement, but they are still near the bottom of the AL.
    I have been advocating for a RH power hitting RFer for years. A "Manny" like player aint going to happen since they squandered payroll on CC, but I do think a guy like Francoeur could be had pretty reasonably. They could have traded for Quentin as well.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from snakeoil123. Show snakeoil123's posts

[QUOTE]Leadoff is about scoring runs by getting on base. When your fingers move and your drivel forms, you make fun of yourself. It isn't odd at all that you are a mental midget, not dense, but a mental midget who keeps pitching snakeoil. Your ridicule of him is by suggesting how "off the charts he's been" at anything. He's on the charts, alright, and it isn't for "off the charts run producing".

You are not bright.  My point is that if you do not think he is best served at hitting lead off then you must have the brain capacity to recognize that 8 home runs and 28 RBI thusfar would be welcome in another spot in the batting order.

I also love that you keep saying "Snakeoil salesman" like you do not recognize that I chose the name for that very reason.

You are either a sad little troll or you lack self awareness.  No one and I mean no one in all of baseball or that follows baseball agrees with you that Aviles is not playing well.  

keep bumping this thread.  Please.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from hankwilliamsjr. Show hankwilliamsjr's posts

No one and I mean no one in all of baseball or that follows baseball agrees with you that Aviles is not playing well.  

No one, and I mean no one, including sad trolls who lack self awareness and federal class identity protections, and I mean no one agree with you that Aviles is "off the charts". As to "playing well", it's how "playing well is defined. It most certainly isn't an OBP under .300 and hands of stone, feet like a new born horse, and a mind that has baseball instincts as fast as a snake oil salesman.

Aviles will resume his journeyman status as a UIF'er, despite your lauding how he has exceeded your lowest expectations. At that time, you will deny you ever said "off the charts" when referring to the great Mike Aviles.

BTW, perfect time to call INEpstein and see if he needs another one of those great slugging SS's he dealy loves.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from devildavid. Show devildavid's posts

Aviles is doing a great job. He moves smoothly and confidently in the field and has only committed only 3 errors. He is above avg. in both range and fielding pctg..  His power hitting has eclipsed fellow superstar Adrian Gonzalez so far this season, outslugging him .475 to .406. He is also a handsome man.

The improved pitching in May has lead to a winning record in the past 28 days. The Sox are still digging out of the hole that the horrendously poor pitching put them in in April. The numbers don't lie. Sox are 10 and 3 in the past two weeks with a team ERA of 3.00. April's tream ERA was 5.54. Do the math.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from snakeoil123. Show snakeoil123's posts

[QUOTE]No one and I mean no one in all of baseball or that follows baseball agrees with you that Aviles is not playing well.    No one, and I mean no one, including sad trolls who lack self awareness and federal class identity protections, and I mean no one agree with you that Aviles is "off the charts". As to "playing well", it's how "playing well is defined. It most certainly isn't an OBP under .300 and hands of stone, feet like a new born horse, and a mind that has baseball instincts as fast as a snake oil salesman. Aviles will resume his journeyman status as a UIF'er, despite your lauding how he has exceeded your lowest expectations. At that time, you will deny you ever said "off the charts" when referring to the great Mike Aviles. BTW, perfect time to call INEpstein and see if he needs another one of those great slugging SS's he dealy loves.

So you're admitting you cannot think of anyone that agrees with you?  On the board or off of it?  In the media or someone you know?  Maybe one of your nieghbors could log on and say that Aviles is having a bad year?  Maybe if you have a dog you could take a picture of him or her and start a screen name that says "AvilesisRuff".

Anyone?  Everyone seems to agree with me.  But you know delusions are delusions and trolls are trolls. Only you know for sure if you are just trolling or really are this pathetic and amusing.  

His production is off the charts.  Whether it will be in the future is yet to be determined.  You lack something in your brain that allows most to understand simple concepts.  Aviles is playing very well.  Everyone knows this.  

Also I don't know what you mean by federal class identity protections.  I am a tax lawyer that invests in gold.  Are you inferring that I am on government programs because I am black?  

David Ortiz would be very upset at you.  

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from william93063. Show william93063's posts

I have also been confused by Bobby V. using Aviles as a leadoff guy but his overall offensive production has been very solid.  His OBP is currently below his career average but his slugging is higher than normal.  These 2 metrics will likely even out over the long term, OBP will be right around .325 and the Slugging .425-.450 range.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

I think when Sweeney comes back, he will be the leadoff guy vs RHPs.
    Sweeney vs RHPs: career .354 OBP (.375 in 2012).

Mikey's OK vs LHPs until Ells returns: .349 career OBP (.383 in 2012).

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from notin. Show notin's posts

And this is why I like georom.

Sure, he tends to make snap judgements, and rarely says anything I agree with. But at least he admits errors, and doesn't let occasionally (re: frequently) being wrong detract from enjoying the team.  This isn't even close to the first time I've seen him do it.

:)

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from andrewmitch. Show andrewmitch's posts

How much better would this team by if we didn't trade Lowrie for Oppy and sign Punto?

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

[QUOTE]How much better would this team by if we didn't trade Lowrie for Oppy and sign Punto?
    Posted by andrewmitch[/QUOTE]

None.

He'd have got hurt here.

Oppy will help us for years to come.

Mikey's a much better fielder than Jed, but maybe jed could have played 3B and kept the stinking Middlebrooks in AAA.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bill-806. Show Bill-806's posts

Gerome, Don't be too hard on yourself, son !!!    IMO, Aviles to LEFTFIELD and bring IGGY in to clamp down that side with MIDDLEBROOKS.  

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from royf19. Show royf19's posts

[QUOTE]I have also been confused by Bobby V. using Aviles as a leadoff guy but his overall offensive production has been very solid.  His OBP is currently below his career average but his slugging is higher than normal.  These 2 metrics will likely even out over the long term, OBP will be right around .325 and the Slugging .425-.450 range.
    Posted by william93063[/QUOTE]
    If I read it correctly, I think Aviles OBP leading off a game is .400. 

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from andrewmitch. Show andrewmitch's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Mea Culpa Time - Aviles : None. He'd have got hurt here. Oppy will help us for years to come. Mikey's a much better fielder than Jed, but maybe jed could have played 3B and kept the stinking Middlebrooks in AAA.
    Posted by moonslav59[/QUOTE]

I didn't mean Jed ahead of Mikey.  I meant Jed ahead of Punto.

Not sure what you see in Oppy - even you call him Oppy!  Laughing

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hetchinspete. Show Hetchinspete's posts

In Response to Mea Culpa Time - Aviles:
    [QUOTE]I was totally wrong about his as a shortstop - he is not overmatched, and he looks confident and fluid...and his hitting (although waning a bit) is as good as Marco's it seems (or at least comparable) A nice surprise and props to Ben/Bobby for sticking him there and staying with him of course i would still like to see Iggy ply his trade there as well...
    Posted by georom4[/QUOTE]

Geo, 

Guess I'll unblock you, Finally some positive outlook !!

Thank you, 
    Hetchinspete. 

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from hankwilliamsjr. Show hankwilliamsjr's posts

His production is off the charts

No, his production isn't off the charts. It's on the charts, along with his season aggregate OBP. Your intelligence is so low it is below the lowest ever recorded "charts".

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hetchinspete. Show Hetchinspete's posts

[QUOTE]A.  Aviles is better than Scutaro. B.  Scutaro was horrible.
    Posted by Schumpeters-Ghost[/QUOTE]

Scut wasn't Ozzie Guillen but horrible he wasn't either. You've way overstated the negative. 

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hetchinspete. Show Hetchinspete's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Mea Culpa Time - Aviles : I was being fictitious by making fun of your using his OBP to ridicule him while his run production for a lead off hitter is off the charts.     It is quite odd to think you really are as dense as you come off in this forum.  Even knowing that you are a troll it is impossible not to make fun of you.
    Posted by snakeoil123[/QUOTE]

Snake,

This is a very strange day indeed. Georom is posting in the positive for once which I can only complimet him on. Never thought I'd be saying that and HankyPanky, well he's never said much positive about anything or anyone that I recall. He fits the bill as you say, he is a true TROLL. 

Hoping Geo continues to post in the positive. 

Hetchinspete

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from georom4. Show georom4's posts

[QUOTE]    Gerome, Don't be too hard on yourself, son !!!    IMO, Aviles to LEFTFIELD and bring IGGY in to clamp down that side with MIDDLEBROOKS.  
    Posted by Bill-806[/QUOTE]

im not - always liked MA - just thought asking a career journeyman jack-of-all trades to play ss for the entire season was too much...i wasnt expecting much but he has impressed me (i know Hank isnt impressed still..) lol

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from georom4. Show georom4's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Mea Culpa Time - Aviles : Geo,  Guess I'll unblock you, Finally some positive outlook !! Thank you,  Hetchinspete. 
    Posted by Hetchinspete[/QUOTE]

lol  thanks....but i think you may be underestimating my fandom...not the first however

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hetchinspete. Show Hetchinspete's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Mea Culpa Time - Aviles : lol  thanks....but i think you may be underestimating my fandom...not the first however
    Posted by georom4[/QUOTE]

Geo, 

I don't doubt your fandom. If you weren't a fan you wouldn't be posting here. It just seems that too often like many you seem to be all too negative, but you always seem to have a knowledge of the game even if I do not agree with you. Now if we could get HankyPanky out of the Troll Driven Dark Side it would be nice but that will never happen. 

Cheers, 
    Pete