Meanwhile, the Rays....

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from maxbialystock. Show maxbialystock's posts

Meanwhile, the Rays....

Are playing great ball and leading the AL East, just as they did last year.  We Sox fans need to get off the Yankee fixation and take a look around.  The Jays, for example, are tied with the Sox at 20-20, and the Orioles are just 1/2 game behind and headed to Fenway for two.  I don't really think the Jays or Orioles have much of a chance this year, but they don't think that--and they could be right. 

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from SpacemanEephus. Show SpacemanEephus's posts

Re: Meanwhile, the Rays....

In Response to Meanwhile, the Rays....:
    Are playing great ball and leading the AL East, just as they did last year.  We Sox fans need to get off the Yankee fixation and take a look around.  The Jays, for example, are tied with the Sox at 20-20, and the Orioles are just 1/2 game behind and headed to Fenway for two.  I don't really think the Jays or Orioles have much of a chance this year, but they don't think that--and they could be right. 
    Posted by maxbialystock

Indeed Max, indeed.  Those kids are tough.  Bring 'em on!!

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from southpaw777. Show southpaw777's posts

Im sure the wise Sox fans have been aware of the Jays and O's building their teams the last couple years. The Rays have a well run organization and until they prove otherwise, they will be there come sept. The division is seperated by 3.5 games right now, although I expect things to start to seperate by the ASB. Its not going to get any easier the next few years from where Im sitting. The AL east should be the most competitive division in MLB..And that is a good thing..

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from MikeNagy. Show MikeNagy's posts

It's hard to tell who to root for the next two games with the rays and the yanks. The main thing is for the sox to keep on winning, but I'm going to have to stick with my yankee fixation, and hope the rays knock them down a couple more pegs.

The division is definitely up for grabs. I think the O's and Jays will fade, but nobody knows for sure. I never count the yankees out until they are mathmatically eliminated.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from niz-58. Show niz-58's posts

In Response to Re: Meanwhile, the Rays....:
    It's hard to tell who to root for the next two games with the rays and the yanks. The main thing is for the sox to keep on winning, but I'm going to have to stick with my yankee fixation, and hope the rays knock them down a couple more pegs. The division is definitely up for grabs. I think the O's and Jays will fade, but nobody knows for sure. I never count the yankees out until they are mathmatically eliminated.
    Posted by MikeNagy

Naturally, the Sox need to win their two against the O's, but a split in the Yakees/ Rays series  allows the Sox to tie the Yankees and pick up a game on the Rays.

Win, win.

6. This post has been removed.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from wlbpatriotsfan. Show wlbpatriotsfan's posts

Without postponements, the Sox will be facing Britton and Verlander over the next four games.  Won't be easy!

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from scarhill2000. Show scarhill2000's posts

People must remember it is still only May.  It always takes until the end of June for things to straighten out, for the pretenders to fade away and the contenders to surface.  Let us see how Baltimore, Toronto and Tamp are doing on July 1st.  The baseball season is truly a marathon.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from fenwayjack2. Show fenwayjack2's posts

Posted by maxbialystock

The only Yankee fixation I've seen is wishing we could play the Yanks all the way to the All Star break.  Lol.  Sox have 5 out of 6 against NY while getting trashed by nearly every other team they'd played. 

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from harness. Show harness's posts

Meanwhile the Rays...
    have been handed their a-s-s-e-s on a platter by Baltimore over the weekend.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from fenwayjack2. Show fenwayjack2's posts

Posted by maxbialystock

No big bat in the middle of the lineup except Longoria will take its toll and the lack of hitting will eventually cause them to fade away.  But they beat the Yanks tonight and nothing makes me happier than that.  Go Rays, win tomorrow too. 

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from maxbialystock. Show maxbialystock's posts

southpaw777, I did not count myself as one of the wise Sox fans, so this is a surprise to me. 

Sox still 3 games out at 21-20, but tied with the Yankees and 1.5 ahead of the Orioles.

On the way home from a function, I listened to the game on the Orioles network (I'm in N. Virginia)--very professional.  Better than the Sox telecasters, whose names I always forget (but I think one is Orsillo and the other is Remy). 

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from LloydDobler. Show LloydDobler's posts

In Response to Re: Meanwhile, the Rays....:
    southpaw777, I did not count myself as one of the wise Sox fans, so this is a surprise to me.  Sox still 3 games out at 21-20, but tied with the Yankees and 1.5 ahead of the Orioles. On the way home from a function, I listened to the game on the Orioles network (I'm in N. Virginia)--very professional.  Better than the Sox telecasters, whose names I always forget (but I think one is Orsillo and the other is Remy). 
    Posted by maxbialystock

Given that dreadful start, 3 back at this point isn't bad!

You're in NOVA ... one of the A-cities? I'm a couple hours south in Yorktown.

Sections
Shortcuts