Media dropped the ball

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from jader. Show jader's posts

Media dropped the ball

If the RS writers were around the team and met with and interviewed players, why didn't they uncover this cancer and report on it in Aug, Sept?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from SoxPatsCelts1988. Show SoxPatsCelts1988's posts

Re: Media dropped the ball

I'm not sure but I think the dirt will be leaking out over the next few months.  Could get ugly.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from RickEO. Show RickEO's posts

Alot of people need to leave this town.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from susan250. Show susan250's posts

In Response to Re: Media dropped the ball:
    [QUOTE]I'm not sure but I think the dirt will be leaking out over the next few months.  Could get ugly.
    Posted by SoxPatsCelts1988[/QUOTE]

I really hope that this happens. 

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from walk2run. Show walk2run's posts

If they would have exposed the RS clubhouse bull crap......they would be barred from the media spread the RS generally lay out for the media.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from soxmeister. Show soxmeister's posts

I think Tito got old.    That's all.   IMO no big issues with player chemistry, just guys not performing.   If Bard and Paps hadn't coughed up important games at the end, theRays would be home, not us.

7. This post has been removed.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from fivekatz. Show fivekatz's posts

In Response to Re: Media dropped the ball:
    I think Tito got old.    That's all.   IMO no big issues with player chemistry, just guys not performing.   If Bard and Paps hadn't coughed up important games at the end, theRays would be home, not us.
    Posted by soxmeister
    If that Rays were at home that simple would have covered up bigger issues.

There probably will be few issues with chemistry moving forward because the magnitude of the collapse blew the lid off of a lot things. There are going to guys on this team that will become more demanding of each others and lots of other things in the after math of Terry's departure.

But their failure to make the playoffs went beyond a few blown saves or even the sad sack state of their starting pitching. ONE game puts them in the playoffs. Any one game.

Now I will grant you this, getting a better year from starting pitchers and getting better depth is the number one priority.

And as for the media blowing it? I don't think so. Public dialog was not and never has been a good thing when it comes to clubhouse interpersonal relations or guy's attitudes.

The fact that it wasn't in the media in its own way proves that maybe Terry hadn't lost as much of it as some think. He had his guy's backs to the end. It was their failure that they did not have his. In his own way, Pedroia said as much last night.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from BeaconHill19. Show BeaconHill19's posts

Papelbon needed one more strike for the win and didn't get it. Yanks needed one more strike vs. Johnson and didn't get it. Such is life. It wasn't meant to be or as Gonzo said " God wasn't on our side". Injuries, tough losses, Sox cold in Sept. and TB was hot. Such is baseball, best to get over it instead of scapegoating.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from hambonawilliams. Show hambonawilliams's posts

Oh, the rats know the fans are p-o'd big time right now, and will scramble to let leak out just WHO were doing WHAT to cause all the commotion...they have their OWN skins to save now, so yes, it will ALL leak out, and don't be surprised to start hearing it all come out before spring training, and soon as well....

Also, ownership can't get away with this either...Boston fans are too smart, have too much overall baseball and sports experience to NOT understand there is a bad deal going on, and will NOT ACCEPT a team full of overpaid fat pig malcontents on this team...tickets cost to much to accept less....not in this economy...no way...they will hear from the fans...

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ergoetal. Show Ergoetal's posts

OP, you're right -- they should have.

True, they would have been denied access, but that's the problem when you get too comfortable taking the team's handouts.

Not only do you keep quiet, but you don't tip anybody else off at your paper, because you'd still be denied access.

There's plenty still to be found out, but it's doubtful the Globe or the Herald will do much.  Thomase's piece on the drinking and the Sept. meeting was tame, but the best so far.

Edes and McMullen are doing OK because they're at ESPN, but even they are pretty careful what they say.  Like Edes' latest alludes to the fact that Beckett was a drinker, but doesn't come out and quote anybody.

Sections
Shortcuts