Media twisting the Arm of Truth once more......

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from EnchiladaT. Show EnchiladaT's posts

Re: Media twisting the Arm of Truth once more......

I like how Crawford took responsibility. He also was quoted as saying he "chased the big contract" and applied to much pressure to himslef.... this is all great stuff to hear a player take responsibility.... and the media twists it to  "he really wanted out" ....

Good luck to you Carl, ...... I am glad we moved you out but will not root against you... 

2. This post has been removed.

3. This post has been removed.

4. This post has been removed.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from mef429. Show mef429's posts

In response to TrotterNixon's comment:

Crawford is a disgrace, and he will stay a disgrace. "I didn't play well enough" and "it just didn't work" is a pitiful excuse. He ripped off the media and ticket paying fans. If he were a decent man, he's not, he would donate about 3 million a year for the next 10 years to "The Red Sox Wounded Warrior Fans Foundation".

get off your high horse. you know damn well if you had the option to make considerably more money in the same line of work you would take it. its how the world works. very rarely (if at all) do you see athletes take less money just because. especially in sports with no salary cap.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from kt888. Show kt888's posts

Not sure why people so strongly dislike this guy.  I was happy when cc came to Boston.  The contract was a bit much, yes, but that is hardly his fault.  Most people here would have done the same somersaults he did at such an offer.  if you want to blame someone,fine, blame the front office.  Cc, in my opinion, has always gone about things the right way. He hussles and plays hard and was a pain in the butt on the base paths. If the crystal balls were working, of course, cc would never have been signed in Boston. Yes, the majority agree that the contract was too big, but at that point in his career, he was not destined to be a disaster.  I have no hard feelings toward him. His one fault is caring too much.....trying to appease fans, many of whom will find something to whine about regardless.  Wish him nothing but the best going forward.  

7. This post has been removed.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from notin. Show notin's posts

In response to Calzone65's comment:

The media being the one Alex Speier. It is true in reading both the Speier and Cafardo columns that Crawford did not make that statement. Irresponsible on Speier's part.

In a newspaper, a writer does not write his own article titles, with that duty the responsibility of an editer.  I would be surpised if online artcles were handled vastly differently.

Sections
Shortcuts