Media types leading the Parade of Angst

1. This post has been removed.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from TBINFL. Show TBINFL's posts

Re: Media types leading the Parade of Angst

Don't you wish that you guys had won just ONE more GAME last year?

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Thesemenarecowards. Show Thesemenarecowards's posts

In Response to Re: Media types leading the Parade of Angst:
    Don't you wish that you guys had won just ONE more GAME last year?
    Posted by TBINFL

Yeah, then maybe we could've lost in the first round of play-offs, which we all know is something to be very proud of.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from TBINFL. Show TBINFL's posts

In Response to Re: Media types leading the Parade of Angst : Yeah, then maybe we could've lost in the first round of play-offs, which we all know is something to be very proud of.
    Posted by Thesemenarecowards

Not proud at all.

But winning the WS is a lot like winning Lotto.

Very hard to do if you don't have a ticket.

And the sawx haven't been able to get their ticket the past few seasons.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Thesemenarecowards. Show Thesemenarecowards's posts

In Response to Re: Media types leading the Parade of Angst : Not proud at all. But winning the WS is a lot like winning Lotto. Very hard to do if you don't have a ticket. And the sawx haven't been able to get their ticket the past few seasons.
    Posted by TBINFL

Good analogy.

The Orioles and Pirates are like Charlie Bucket and the Sawx and Yanks are like Veruca Salt.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from ZILLAGOD. Show ZILLAGOD's posts

We live in a society where bad news makes money for a select few.

Those people control what you see, read and hear.

They love dirty laundry.

"KICK 'EM WHEN THEY'RE UP, KICK 'EM WHEN THEY'RE DOWN!"

If you want good news, create your own, you'll never see it on T.V., in a newspaper or a magazine article.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from greenwellforpresident. Show greenwellforpresident's posts

In Response to Re: Media types leading the Parade of Angst : Not proud at all. But winning the WS is a lot like winning Lotto. Very hard to do if you don't have a ticket. And the sawx haven't been able to get their ticket the past few seasons.
    Posted by TBINFL

It'll be nice when the sox go ahead of the yankees so you'll disappear like the coward you know you are.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from TBINFL. Show TBINFL's posts

In Response to Re: Media types leading the Parade of Angst : It'll be nice when the sox go ahead of the yankees so you'll disappear like the coward you know you are.
    Posted by greenwellforpresident

Well aren't you the clueless wonder.

Good or bad for the Yanks I don't hide.

Thanks for playing though.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Thesemenarecowards. Show Thesemenarecowards's posts

In Response to Re: Media types leading the Parade of Angst : Well aren't you the clueless wonder. Good or bad for the Yanks I don't hide. Thanks for playing though.
    Posted by TBINFL

No, we all know you've been known to vanish in the past but I see you embracing your role as the Bobby V of this board.  You just can't help but respond to anything directed your way.

10. This post has been removed.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from TBINFL. Show TBINFL's posts

In Response to Re: Media types leading the Parade of Angst : No, we all know you've been known to vanish in the past but I see you embracing your role as the Bobby V of this board.  You just can't help but respond to anything directed your way.
    Posted by Thesemenarecowards

Actually coward, the only time I have "vanished" was last fall, during the sawx's epic collapse due to personal family reasons.

If I was going to disappear if the sawx were ahead of the Yankees as greenwelf would like many to believe, I would have done that while the sawx were in front of the Yanks for a good chunk of last season. Instead I was away while the season spiralled out of control for the sawx and my Yanks were comfortably ahead.

12. This post has been removed.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from DirtyWaterLover. Show DirtyWaterLover's posts

Odd - no one was complaining last year when the media types crowned the Red Sox World Series champs before opening day.

I think the media is simply telling fans that if they are willing to pay the highest prices in the league to see a game, be prepared to see a team that isn't very good.

14. This post has been removed.

15. This post has been removed.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from greenwellforpresident. Show greenwellforpresident's posts

In Response to Re: Media types leading the Parade of Angst : Well aren't you the clueless wonder. Good or bad for the Yanks I don't hide. Thanks for playing though.
    Posted by TBINFL

My mistake.  When I see 600 posts in the month you've had this name and all of them are like the stuff I used to hear in gradeschool, I can't help but think 'coward' and he'll be gone when things aren't in his favor.  I guess I forget that you just aren't mature enough to avoid getting your previous incarnations banned.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from TBINFL. Show TBINFL's posts

In Response to Re: Media types leading the Parade of Angst : My mistake.  When I see 600 posts in the month you've had this name and all of them are like the stuff I used to hear in gradeschool, I can't help but think 'coward' and he'll be gone when things aren't in his favor.  I guess I forget that you just aren't mature enough to avoid getting your previous incarnations banned.
    Posted by greenwellforpresident

Sorry that I can't be the "mature" tough guy that you are calling people cowards on the internet.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from greenwellforpresident. Show greenwellforpresident's posts

I never said I was tough, but I think most would agree that my posts along with 98% of the posts on the board are more mature that the stuff you've been spewing lately.
    It doesn't matter, I'll leave you alone, free speech and all.  Maybe my memory's failing me, I thought I rememberred posts by Babe used to contribute something to a topic, but all I've seen out of you lately is childish useless blabber.
    No worries, I can just ignore you. 
    I'm in a pretty good mood right now with baseball underway and the sox looking a lot better than they did in september.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Alibiike. Show Alibiike's posts

We don't want the media in our pocket like they are for Obama. We want them to tell us the truth. Yes, it's only one game but I believe that none of us are too optimistic with the way this team was constructed, especially in light of Bailey going down. Which is not reason to go with 13 pitchers, IMO.

I hope we will see the kids come up sooner rather than later and Ben should go find a closer somewhere becasue I'm sure we can all agree that Bailey will not toe the rubber in 2012.
    This is what I would do. Trade Salty and Punto to someone who is needing catching help for a solid reliever and call up Lav, or, put Bard back in the BP to close and bring up Cook, he had a good ST and I think can get the job done as a number 4. Reduce the staff to 12 and call up Ciriaco.

20. This post has been removed.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from DirtDawgSox. Show DirtDawgSox's posts

In Response to Media types leading the Parade of Angst:
    Can you say "over the top?" Sure, this team has flaws and the pitching staff as presently constructed isn't exactly awe-inspiring. But it's ONE GAME!
    Posted by davetheknave

It was one freakin game. The Sox looked good except for the bullpen arms or lack thereof. The media has nothing better to talk about than criticize the Sox. Half of them are just big mouths..talking heads who like to earn money by sensationalism.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from Alibiike. Show Alibiike's posts

In Response to Media types leading the Parade of Angst : It was one freakin game. The Sox looked good except for the bullpen arms or lack thereof. The media has nothing better to talk about than criticize the Sox. Half of them are just big mouths..talking heads who like to earn money by sensationalism.
    Posted by DirtDawgSox

Don't you wish they could all be like Didier?

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from 6k42lt913c. Show 6k42lt913c's posts

In Response to Re: Media types leading the Parade of Angst : Don't you wish they could all be like Didier?
    Posted by Alibiike

Didier Yves Drogba Tébily[3] (French pronunciation: [didje dʁɔɡba]; born 11 March 1978) is an Ivorian footballer who plays in the centre forward position. He currently plays for Chelsea in the Premier League, where he is deputy vice-captain, and is the captain and all-time top scorer of the Côte d'Ivoire national football team. He has scored more goals for Chelsea than any other foreign player and is currently Chelsea's Fourth highest goal scorer of all time. His key attributes include his physical strength, ability in the air, and his power to retain possession of the ball.[4]

Sections
Shortcuts