medical/training staff

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from udontnojack. Show udontnojack's posts

medical/training staff

these
    guys are terrible.they have no clue on keeping players in shape/diagnosing problems or fixing them.in boston,with the best medical people and facilities in the world,this is a disgrace.a high scholl nurse could do better than these jokers.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from craze4sox. Show craze4sox's posts

Re: medical/training staff

In Response to medical/training staff:
    [QUOTE]these guys are terrible.they have no clue on keeping players in shape/diagnosing problems or fixing them.in boston,with the best medical people and facilities in the world,this is a disgrace.a high scholl nurse could do better than these jokers.
    Posted by udontnojack[/QUOTE]

Many of us have discussed this on various threads.  I do have a very hard time believing some of these injuries couldn't be prevented with better/stricter conditioning methods.  I believe our team has had more "back issues" than any team in the majors.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from dgalehouse. Show dgalehouse's posts

It think it is more than fair to question the work of the medical/training staff.  Some of the injuries come from trauma , but others seem to have no explanation. Would not go so far as to say they are incompetent, but the results have not been too good.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from SoxPatsCelts1988. Show SoxPatsCelts1988's posts

Fire them all and start from scratch.  Some of these injuries were inlucky, yes, but there have been too many of them over the past 2 seasons.

They handled the Ellsbury injury poorly, Pedroia should have never attempted to come back last season, This Buchholz decision shouldn't have lingered as long as it did etc. etc.

Time to start from scratch.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from soups. Show soups's posts

Ellsbury is in the best shape of his career.  The fact that he is out right now has absolutely nothing to do with conditioning.

As for Youk and Ortiz, it's funny how everytime these guys miss some games, some of us blame the medical staff.  This is ridiculous.  Youk gets injured because he plays the game dam* hard, every single day.  Ortiz is in better shape this year than last, but he's never going to be in great shape. 

So when players aren't injured, is the medical staff doing an outstanding job?

Sour grapes from people trying to find excuses for poor baseball play.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from georom4. Show georom4's posts

youk, Josh, lackey, wake, albers, papi, and lester look like they are ready to explode into a million pieces wearing those tight uniforms...

JD, Clay, and Agoz are on their way as well...

we have the fattest, softest team in the majors and our "injuries" every year in August prove that...Coma's Club Med Spring Training needs fixin'

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxpride34. Show redsoxpride34's posts

i would have to agree that the sox medical staff has been terrible. ellsbury's injury was misdiagnosed multiple times last year which pretty much ended up costing him the whole season. the buchholz injury is the one that really pi**ed me off this year. the morons took so long to diagnose his injury never once thinking that he should get a MRI to see if it is something structural. and by the time they clued in he had already miss so much time that he will likely miss the rest of the regular season and hopefully come back for the playoffs. the ortiz and youk injurys are a combination of things. ortiz's injury has nothing to do with the medical staff but i do believe he should have been placed on the DL in order to have room to call up someone else to help the team. instead he has not played for what 1.5 weeks now and will not be back soon. so they wasted the chance to put him on the DL and call up someone like middlebrooks to play 3rd while youk is out. (not lowrie who is a butcher in the field) youk's injury i think has to do with 2 things: 1) how hard he plays the game and its taken more of a tole on him playing 3rd 2) his conditioning as he does not appear to be in the greatest shape. the sox need to really re-evaluate there medical staff and consider making some replacements as they have made far too  many mistakes that should not have been made. 

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from dgalehouse. Show dgalehouse's posts

Either there is something wrong with the training staff or there is something wrong with the players. Maybe both things.  To attribute it all to coincidence or bad luck is a real stretch.  Where have you gone Cal Ripken Jr. ???

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from brdbreu. Show brdbreu's posts

late get back to you on this with some detail

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from JimfromFlorida. Show JimfromFlorida's posts

Is Jose Reyes in bad shape 6'1" 200 lbs? He is out a lot. back/knees/muscles
    Is Arod in bad shape 6'3" 230 lbs? He is just coming back?
    The Rays Ruggerio is out with bursitis he is 6' 2" and 200 lbs. Is he out of shape?
    Ryan Howard is 6"4" and 240 is he out of shape?
    Ortiz 6'4" 230, Youk 6'1" 220, Drew 6'1" 200, Ells 6'' 185, Clay 6'1" 190 are they really out of shape.
    Is Prince Fielder in bad shape at 5"11" and 275? He is never out. Every year he plays over 157 games and is NEVER hurt or out. Why is that????

Every person's physique is different.
    My 6' 220 is not the same as Youk's trust me. 

Back injuries can happen to both in shape and out of shape people. They can happen with a slip on a wet floor or twisting too quickly or picking up your baby. They happen and there is little you can do about it. Just remember not every baseball player is going to look like Hamilton or Longoria both of which have been out with injuries (pulled muscles) and both of whom I believe all would say are in GREAT shape.
    There is no one that can say Clay is out of shape. BTW he had an MRI and the first one did not show what the second did and that maybe due to swelling that can hide different injuries.

Ortiz and bursitis happens it is an inflamation of a joint. With Ortiz it could be as simple as the shoes he wears. Yes he probably in hindsight should have been put on the DL. That can still be done retro actively. Bursitis can clear up quickly sometime with the shot on cortizone and sometimes not.

Ellsbury's injury again was also a victim of the xrays/mri not showing the full extent on the first go round and then showing up after the diving catch where it started to hurt again. What they did screw up was not working/communicating with Ells IMHO to get it corrected the 2nd time.

The med staff did not want Pedroia on the field in the boot on his knees catching ground balls. That was all on him and people said wow what a dirt dog and Ells is a wuss. Two different approaches by players and staff and both were wrong.

Injuries happen folks and just maybe more so to guys who play baseball every single day for 10 months and many if not all who also work out in the off part of the year.
    Then you do realize that they also will do weight and cardio during the season as well---- in the well equipped training rooms all teams have.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from PawsoxPhil. Show PawsoxPhil's posts

Udontknowjack has a long track record of starting this type of thread and with such OPs. I was hoping that the thread would remain on page #2.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from DirtyWaterLover. Show DirtyWaterLover's posts

I'm surprised they don't get injured more frequently.

They stand around, and then suddenly need to move.  They sit down.  Then get ready to bat by doing a few swings.  The pinch hitters come off the bench, put some pine tar on their bats, and step up to the plate.

I saw one guy in the BP start is warm up by doing this violent upper body twisting motion. 

Don't these guys know how to stretch?  Bring in a yoga instructor or a physical therapist to explain why they need to stretch and the proper way to stretch.

Get the muscle warm, then hold the stretch.  None of this bouncy motion or twisting the upper body to the left and right. 

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from softylaw. Show softylaw's posts

Bursitis can clear up quickly sometime with the shot on cortizone and sometimes not

JIM, did you get your medical experitse by Google ga ga.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from ZILLAGOD. Show ZILLAGOD's posts

The problem is today's younger people are big babies.

Not like the brave men of the past who played through pain:

These three guys got hit alot, never complianed and  always came back stronger than before.

Sections
Shortcuts