Melancon Dominating AAA

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from SpruceTrap87. Show SpruceTrap87's posts

Melancon Dominating AAA

His line so far in six appearances:

6.2 IP, 4 H, 0 R, 0 BB, 11 K, 9.00 GO/AO, .167 BAA

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from fourrings. Show fourrings's posts

Re: Melancon Dominating AAA

maybe he should stay there, since the only team he dominated in the majors was the redsox

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from soxnewmex. Show soxnewmex's posts

bring him up, along with Lava

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from seannybboi. Show seannybboi's posts

certainly a GOOD sign from our setup guy...

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from MadMc44. Show MadMc44's posts

Aren't the Yankees looking for a seventh inning guy to set-up Robertson and Soriano??? Is Mark better than what they have on their roster? Is Mark better than what we have in our BP? 

It is getting tough in our BP--everyone seems to be producing. Now if the offense could get back to scoring 5 or 6 runs a game we might be able to go on another run.

How long does Melancon have to continue to prove himself with the PawSox? I'm sure he wants to be back in the Majors---that's motivation...

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from andrewmitch. Show andrewmitch's posts

Good for Opie - let him stay down there!

7. This post has been removed.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from dgalehouse. Show dgalehouse's posts

I would bring him back now. Also , bring up Lavarnway , Linares and Ciriaco. We need to keep trying things to help find a winning combination. Right now , this team is going nowhere.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from andrewmitch. Show andrewmitch's posts

Why do we need to mess with Catcher and the OF at this point in time?

The season is/was/will come down to our starters and that means Lester, Beckett and Buch can not continue to throw air balls otherwise forget it.  Right now, with the Sandman a distant memory, we have a legit chance.  Let's go through the rotation one more time here and see if they can turn it around.  If not I will be the first one to push the REBUILD BUTTON.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from ThatWasMe. Show ThatWasMe's posts

In Response to Re: Melancon Dominating AAA:
    [QUOTE]Aren't the Yankees looking for a seventh inning guy to set-up Robertson and Soriano??? Is Mark better than what they have on their roster? Is Mark better than what we have in our BP?  It is getting tough in our BP--everyone seems to be producing. Now if the offense could get back to scoring 5 or 6 runs a game we might be able to go on another run. How long does Melancon have to continue to prove himself with the PawSox? I'm sure he wants to be back in the Majors---that's motivation...
    Posted by MadMc44[/QUOTE]

Melancon did the same in the Yankee system, a great AAA pitcher and lights out closer his problems begin when he is promoted.

A problem he has not yet overcome.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

Melancon did the same in the Yankee system, a great AAA pitcher and lights out closer his problems begin when he is promoted.

A problem he has not yet overcome.

Contrary to many beliefs, the NL is part of the big league.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from stan17. Show stan17's posts

What ever his issues are I hope over comes them so he can get back to the majors and help the sox BP.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Pass-the-hubris-please. Show Pass-the-hubris-please's posts

I have a friend who's son was a pitcher and teammate of Melancon in college at Arizona.  Now, I have known this kid since he was in grade school, and he is a solid person, a crafty player, and a student of the game.  

A few years ago, just after the Yankees drafted Mark Melancon, I ran into him. He gushed over Melancon's "stuff" and stated that the talent was definitely there to be a big league pitcher. When asked if Melancon had any weaknesses, the kid immediately pointed to the middle of his chest.  He stated that Melancon lacked toughness and had a questionable heart.  

Melancon is still young, and he may yet figure it out.  From what I have seen, his teammate was correct, and Melancon's mental toughness has not yet matched his physical ability.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

Some may want to judge Melancon on the tiny Yankee sample size (20.1 IP) and 4.87 ERA/1.475 WHIP. While the numbers in Houston might need to be adjusted, they were still very decent:

10-4  2.85  (1.211)

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from kimsaysthis. Show kimsaysthis's posts

If he's doing so well, I agree we should bring him up. What's to lose?

16. This post has been removed.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from WilcyMoore. Show WilcyMoore's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Melancon Dominating AAA : What's to lose? the game
    Posted by pinstripezac[/QUOTE]  One would think Melancon has to be an upgrade over Padilla even if he's simply adequate at the big league level.  Padilla has not shown that he can be effective as a reliever.  Dice K and Melancon will eventually replace 2 pitchers with Padilla an obvious choice and it will be fascinating to see who the other is with a phantom DL stint for Buchholz possible as well as a legitimate one for Beckett given his sore shoulder. 

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from ThatWasMe. Show ThatWasMe's posts

[QUOTE]Melancon did the same in the Yankee system, a great AAA pitcher and lights out closer his problems begin when he is promoted. A problem he has not yet overcome. Contrary to many beliefs, the NL is part of the big league.
    Posted by moonslav59[/QUOTE]

Educate me on Mark Melancon he came up through the Yankee farm system.

When he can pitch as well as he does at AAA in the ALE he will have overcome whatever problems he has in his head.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from ThatWasMe. Show ThatWasMe's posts

[QUOTE]Some may want to judge Melancon on the tiny Yankee sample size (20.1 IP) and 4.87 ERA/1.475 WHIP. While the numbers in Houston might need to be adjusted, they were still very decent: 10-4  2.85  (1.211)

Tiny sample size? I waited for this kid to come back from TJ surgery.

http://www.baseball-reference.com/minors/player.cgi?id=melanc001mar

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from SinceYaz. Show SinceYaz's posts

In Response to Melancon Dominating AAA:
    [QUOTE]His line so far in six appearances: 6.2 IP, 4 H, 0 R, 0 BB, 11 K , 9.00 GO/AO , .167 BAA
    Posted by SpruceTrap87[/QUOTE]

He will be a good addition to the pen.  The pen has been doing better, by and large, since the Jangee meltdown.

He would have helped last night.  Even though the pen only gave up 2 runs in a lengthy period.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from andrewmitch. Show andrewmitch's posts

If we're counting on Oppie to save us then perhaps we have finally hit rock bottom during the current ownership.........

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from snakeoil123. Show snakeoil123's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Melancon Dominating AAA :   One would think Melancon has to be an upgrade over Padilla even if he's simply adequate at the big league level.  Padilla has not shown that he can be effective as a reliever.  Dice K and Melancon will eventually replace 2 pitchers with Padilla an obvious choice and it will be fascinating to see who the other is with a phantom DL stint for Buchholz possible as well as a legitimate one for Beckett given his sore shoulder. 
    Posted by WilcyMoore[/QUOTE]

I don't think Padilla is an obvious choice.  His stuff is nasty.  He is throwing Mid 90's with movement.

It is interesting thought that all of a sudden the BP is shaping up.  Albers, Atchison, Hill, Aceves are all pitching very well.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

We have too many (about 10) decent to average pitchers vying for the last 5-7 slots on the big club. I wish we could trade 3 of them for one quality arm.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from andrewmitch. Show andrewmitch's posts

[QUOTE]We have too many (about 10) decent to average pitchers vying for the last 5-7 slots on the big club. I wish we could trade 3 of them for one quality arm.

Well no GM worth a fraction of his paycheck would make such a trade

That's our biggest problem - we have too many #3 staters in this rotation

I'd rather have two #1's and three #4's.......than five #3's........

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from Pass-the-hubris-please. Show Pass-the-hubris-please's posts

In response to "Re: Melancon Dominating AAA": [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Melancon Dominating AAA : ...said the Yankee fan/troll who refuses to identify himself. Why on earth should anyone on a Sox board believe your story or care what you're supposed friend's son thinks? Posted by kimsaysthis[/QUOTE] It has been more than a couple weeks since anyone has responded so callously off topic with an ad hominem remark...but then, I suspect, you have not posted in that time frame? Baseball, anyone?