Melancon Dominating AAA

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from ampoule. Show ampoule's posts

Re: Melancon Dominating AAA

In Response to Re: Melancon Dominating AAA:
    [QUOTE]I have a friend who's son was a pitcher and teammate of Melancon in college at Arizona.  Now, I have known this kid since he was in grade school, and he is a solid person, a crafty player, and a student of the game.   A few years ago, just after the Yankees drafted Mark Melancon, I ran into him. He gushed over Melancon's "stuff" and stated that the talent was definitely there to be a big league pitcher. When asked if Melancon had any weaknesses, the kid immediately pointed to the middle of his chest.  He stated that Melancon lacked toughness and had a questionable heart.   Melancon is still young, and he may yet figure it out.  From what I have seen, his teammate was correct, and Melancon's mental toughness has not yet matched his physical ability.   
    Posted by Pass-the-hubris-please[/QUOTE]

'Heart' is something which is not acquired.  Either you've always 'had it' or never do.   

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

In Response to Re: Melancon Dominating AAA:
    In Response to Re: Melancon Dominating AAA :
    Posted by moonslav59
    Buchholz obviously lost his rhythm in those games, as Valentine observed. The pitcher said his back felt fine. Nonetheless, his strength might have faded a bit because he's still working his way back to top pitching shape. Residue from the back injury might or might not, directly or indirectly, have affected his performance after five innings. He needs more starts to test his endurance. 

I agree 100%, and didn't mean to imply that his struggles meant he still had back problems, just that with back issues, it may come back at anytime, or have permanently effected some part of his game or delivery.

I happen to think Buch will come back 100%, but may have flare ups from time to time.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

'Heart' is something which is not acquired.  Either you've always 'had it' or never do.  

amp, I believe this totally, and that is why I find it hard to stomach all the posters who are saying that Beckett is a bum, is selfish, and many other things.  Beckett showed an enormous "in game" heart several times in his career, and yet, because he made a few mistakes in life (like we have done), all of as sudden, he is now "heartless" and a "slacker"? 

I think not.

People don't change that radically in my opinion.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from maxbialystock. Show maxbialystock's posts

Melancon will almost certainly get another shot in Boston.  Maybe Pawtucket fixed him, and maybe it hasn't. 

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from teamguy. Show teamguy's posts

Let him stay where he dominates.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from expitch. Show expitch's posts

[QUOTE]'Heart' is something which is not acquired.  Either you've always 'had it' or never do.   amp, I believe this totally, and that is why I find it hard to stomach all the posters who are saying that Beckett is a bum, is selfish, and many other things.  Beckett showed an enormous "in game" heart several times in his career, and yet, because he made a few mistakes in life (like we have done), all of as sudden, he is now "heartless" and a "slacker"?  I think not. People don't change that radically in my opinion.
    Posted by moonslav59[/QUOTE]
    Right, Beckett is a gamer.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from kimsaysthis. Show kimsaysthis's posts

[QUOTE]In response to "Re: Melancon Dominating AAA": It has been more than a couple weeks since anyone has responded so callously off topic with an ad hominem remark...but then, I suspect, you have not posted in that time frame? Baseball, anyone?
    Posted by Pass-the-hubris-please[/QUOTE]

Here's some advice...identify yourself as a Yankee fan. Don't come to a Sox board to put up negative comments about Sox players seemingly as a Sox fan. You spent all your time on Beni's threads attacking him when he was here. You also put up a negative thread about me. I wouldn't think of going to a Yankee board to post comments like you do here. Don't you have a team that needs your attention on your own board?

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from SmileybeniTheFool. Show SmileybeniTheFool's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Melancon Dominating AAA : Here's some advice...identify yourself as a Yankee fan. Don't come to a Sox board to put up negative comments about Sox players seemingly as a Sox fan. You spent all your time on Beni's threads attacking him when he was here. You also put up a negative thread about me. I wouldn't think of going to a Yankee board to post comments like you do here. Don't you have a team that needs your attention on your own board?
    Posted by kimPikesaysthis[/QUOTE]

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Pass-the-hubris-please. Show Pass-the-hubris-please's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Melancon Dominating AAA : 'Heart' is something which is not acquired.  Either you've always 'had it' or never do.   
    Posted by ampoule[/QUOTE]

I disagree, wholeheartedly.  

There are events and lessons in life which change people forever, rendering previously important facets and fears absolutely inert. Mindsets can change and do everyday.  An overbearing parent no longer obsesses about a scratch on his car after the loss of a child.  After overcoming cancer, a timid girl embraces the excitement of experiencing previously fearful activities, like skydiving, traveling abroad, or leaving an abusive relationship.  Shy, bullied and unfortunately drafted teenagers returned from WWII, Korea, and Viet Nam as decorated veterans, no longer fearing bullies or caring about what others think of them. 

Teachers and coaches instill "heart" in children and young adults everyday.  These are the men and women who as adults return to their mentors and tell them how their lives changed forever by that special someone believing in them more than they believed in themselves.  The attributes of whatever constitute "heart" can be learned and taught, just as a one-time hero can be broken by tragedy, leaving nothing but an empty shell.  

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Pass-the-hubris-please. Show Pass-the-hubris-please's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Melancon Dominating AAA : Here's some advice...identify yourself as a Yankee fan. Don't come to a Sox board to put up negative comments about Sox players seemingly as a Sox fan. You spent all your time on Beni's threads attacking him when he was here. You also put up a negative thread about me. I wouldn't think of going to a Yankee board to post comments like you do here. Don't you have a team that needs your attention on your own board?
    Posted by kimsaysthis[/QUOTE]

No one asked for advice.  And, if advice were required, it seems an abject impossibility to be sought from you.

As for whom I root, I expect the only members unaware of my affiliation are either forum neophytes, illiterate, or intellectually at least one standard deviation below the mean.  

One wonderful aspect about this forum's design is the availability of the option to search any poster's history of written commentary.  A simple click to profile and another to comments, and viola - one can ascertain which poster is constantly negative and personally abusive and which mainly perseverate on baseball discussions.

As for Beni, his persistent plagarism and inaccuracies led to his demise.  The fact that I regarded him as an ungrammatical, unmitigated boor is well documented. 

And, the single thread I posted about you was simply a poll of the forum's constituency at that time.  I believe the question posed regarded your temporary absence; that is, whether discussion was more or less enjoyable without you, and there were a range of possible choices for answers, from - and forgive my memory as this is not verbatim - "I want her back" to "I did not notice she was gone" to "Good riddance."  Plainly, the poll was not inherently negative toward you, though the results may have been.

Lastly, regarding my infrequent participation or perhaps even my mere existence within this forum, which evidently somehow and in some way troubles you and your somewhat delicate sensibilities, you appear to be mentally pocked by a vain self-delusion that you are owed some unrequited explanation or justification from me. 

Please believe me when I contend, should this be the case, that you are sadly and unbreachably in error.  If you are still unconvinced, ask yourself this, "Who the $#@% are you that I have to answer?"

Now, please, run along and buzz about without me in the empty jar that is your mind. 

Baseball, anyone?

Sections
Shortcuts