Melancon optioned to Pawtucket/recalled RHP Junichi Tazawa

1. This post has been removed.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from NUSoxFan. Show NUSoxFan's posts

Re: Melancon optioned to Pawtucket/recalled RHP Junichi Tazawa

Ouch - I expected an inflation in his ERA from the Astro's to the Sox but this is ridiculous.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bill-806. Show Bill-806's posts

"Let me be clear", .........  "TRANSFORMATION"  !!!!!

4. This post has been removed.

5. This post has been removed.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from jpBsSoxFan. Show jpBsSoxFan's posts

You know times are tough when they are calling up Tazawa ! So much for the 2 big aquisitions of Baily & Melancon. Complete waste of resources !

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from andrewmitch. Show andrewmitch's posts

See ya Oppie!

Ben's first year report card is not looking too bright

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from SpacemanEephus. Show SpacemanEephus's posts

OK.  Cool.  Bummer about Melancon to this point.  But, maybe he can get it worked out in R.I.  Anyway, I am interested to see what Tazawa can do.  The last sustained call-up he had a few years back, he might not have been quite ready yet, but he showed he was a serious competitor and acquitted himself pretty well in some high-leverage situations.  Interesting to see how far he has come.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from andrewmitch. Show andrewmitch's posts

worst bull pen in baseball last year and we went out and traded for one of theirs, well done

10. This post has been removed.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from maxbialystock. Show maxbialystock's posts

An absolute no-brainer.  I am not convinced this bullpen cannot be effective because we have already seen them do well in several games.  Ditto for the starters--all five have had at least one pretty good game so far.  Lester has 2 of 3 good starts and everyone else basically 1 of 2.  Granted, Buchholz's "good start" included a horrendous first inning with I think three runs, but after that he went six more innings giving up one run. 

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from andrewmitch. Show andrewmitch's posts

In Response to Re: Melancon optioned to Pawtucket/recalled RHP Junichi Tazawa:
    [QUOTE]Is it true that Cherrington hit Bailey's thumb with a hammer. Somehow that bit of news escaped me and I read quite a bit.
    Posted by Calzone65[/QUOTE]

You are so right.  I hate it when people get mad at GM's for acquiring guys with proven histories of being injured and then get mad when that player actually goes down.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from xXR3S1NXx. Show xXR3S1NXx's posts

Ben C has pretty much struck out with every move he made in the offseason so far. Cody Ross and Mark sweeney are pretty much the only bright spots. At this point i dont understand how the sox think they could bring back the same core as last year and just insert a new manager and everything is gonna be peaches and cream. It may just be that im frustrated we got creamed by the rangers last night and the 4-7 start but i really dont feel too good about the sox right now.

14. This post has been removed.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Thesemenarecowards. Show Thesemenarecowards's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Melancon optioned to Pawtucket/recalled RHP Junichi Tazawa : you are never clear. You flip flop like the test tube son of John Kerry and Mitt Romney
    Posted by thepeskypole6[/QUOTE]

That is an LOL.

Bill was in favor of this roster move before he was against it. 

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from andrewmitch. Show andrewmitch's posts

[QUOTE]Ben C has pretty much struck out with every move he made in the offseason so far. Cody Ross and Mark sweeney are pretty much the only bright spots. At this point i dont understand how the sox think they could bring back the same core as last year and just insert a new manager and everything is gonna be peaches and cream.
    Posted by xXR3S1NXx[/QUOTE]

yup but Ross and Sweeney can not field their positions

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from MoreRings. Show MoreRings's posts

In Response to Melancon optioned to Pawtucket/recalled RHP Junichi Tazawa:
    [QUOTE]By Peter Abraham, Globe Staff No surprise here, Mark Melancon has been optioned to Triple-A Pawtucket. Nick cafardo just broke the news on Twitter. Melancon had a 49.50 earned run average in four games. His line — 2 IP, 10 H, 11 R, 11 ER, 2 BB, 1 K, 5 HR — was beyond ugly. Of the 18 batters he faced, 12 got on base. Melancon did not get an out on Tuesday night against Texas, giving up six runs. The Rangers hit three home runs off him. Perhaps in the minors, the 27-year-old can get himself together. The Red Sox have recalled RHP Junichi Tazawa to replace Melancon on the roster.
    Posted by 2004Idiots[/QUOTE]
    I knew MM was struggling but wow, look at those stats

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from ADG. Show ADG's posts

[QUOTE]You know times are tough when they are calling up Tazawa ! So much for the 2 big aquisitions of Baily & Melancon. Complete waste of resources !
    Posted by jpBsSoxFan[/QUOTE]

They didn't give up anything. Reddick and Lowrie are AAAA players.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from dgalehouse. Show dgalehouse's posts

Not at all surprised to see this move after last night's fiasco.  Actually , I thought there might be more than one move made. I think Tazawa has a chance to be good. He has a decent fastball and a very good breaking ball.  If nothing else , at least he shores up the pen a bit in the event that Beckett gets shelled early.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from xXR3S1NXx. Show xXR3S1NXx's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Melancon optioned to Pawtucket/recalled RHP Junichi Tazawa : yup but Ross and Sweeney can not field their positions
    Posted by andrewmitch[/QUOTE]

Sweeney has always been a good fielder so im not to worried about that. Cody Ross could have helped stopped the bleeding last night, but instead he lets the ball bounce of his glove and lets a run score, he did get an out but thats not the point.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from phxvlsoxfan. Show phxvlsoxfan's posts

Good and timely move.  BP additions are the biggest gamble in the game.  Melancon was having issues right from the start of ST.  Hopefully they can work with him in AAA and find and fix a flaw.  His Houston numbers do not support him being a complete dud.  At least the price paid for him wasn't high.  If I heard correctly, Lowrie is having injury issues again and already had a DL stint.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from summerof67. Show summerof67's posts

Wow. Looks like the bullpen is once again a work in progress.

Not good.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from xXR3S1NXx. Show xXR3S1NXx's posts

Honestly i wish we could go back in time and get terry francona back. I just dont feel IT with Bobby V as manager. Last year when the sox started 0-6 i always felt like we would end up were we where spose to be, minus the september we had last year, we ended up  where we were suppose to be. Something just feels weird about this year like everything really isnt gonna be OK. I know where 12 games in but seriously thats the way it feels. Terry was NEVER the problem, the problem was and still is certain players in the clubhouse.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from BosoxJoe5. Show BosoxJoe5's posts

In response to "Re: Melancon optioned to Pawtucket/recalled RHP Junichi Tazawa": [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Melancon optioned to Pawtucket/recalled RHP Junichi Tazawa : You are so right.  I hate it when people get mad at GM's for acquiring guys with proven histories of being injured and then get mad when that player actually goes down. Posted by andrewmitch[/QUOTE] You are foolish. So it is easy to predict that a player who has a history of pulls and stains would run into the runner? Also Jed Lowrie for a pitcher that is going to be under team control for a couple years and had 30 saves was not a risk worth taking?

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from 111SoxFan111. Show 111SoxFan111's posts

I am sooooo happy it's Taz and not Miller.  Taz may not work out but he has more upside than Miller at this point IMO.  At least his K:BB rate should be good so we just have to hope he misses the bats.