Melancon optioned to Pawtucket/recalled RHP Junichi Tazawa

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from carnie. Show carnie's posts

Re: Melancon optioned to Pawtucket/recalled RHP Junichi Tazawa

In Response to Re: Melancon optioned to Pawtucket/recalled RHP Junichi Tazawa:
    [QUOTE]In response to "Re: Melancon optioned to Pawtucket/recalled RHP Junichi Tazawa": You are foolish. So it is easy to predict that a player who has a history of pulls and stains would run into the runner? Also Jed Lowrie for a pitcher that is going to be under team control for a couple years and had 30 saves was not a risk worth taking?
    Posted by BosoxJoe5[/QUOTE]Actually it was 20 saves, but given the team he was on that's still a pretty remarkable save total. Watching what he's done in a Red Sox uni so far though, I'm having a hard time imagining how he ever saved 20 games last year.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Thesemenarecowards. Show Thesemenarecowards's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Melancon optioned to Pawtucket/recalled RHP Junichi Tazawa : Actually it was 20 saves, but given the team he was on that's still a pretty remarkable save total. Watching what he's done in a Red Sox uni so far though, I'm having a hard time imagining how he ever saved 20 games last year.
    Posted by carnie[/QUOTE]

My thoughts exactly.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from BosoxJoe5. Show BosoxJoe5's posts

In response to "Re: Melancon optioned to Pawtucket/recalled RHP Junichi Tazawa": [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Melancon optioned to Pawtucket/recalled RHP Junichi Tazawa : Actually it was 20 saves, but given the team he was on that's still a pretty remarkable save total. Watching what he's done in a Red Sox uni so far though, I'm having a hard time imagining how he ever saved 20 games last year. Posted by carnie[/QUOTE] Something is clearly wrong either mental, mechanically, or physicallly but even with 20 saves on a wininng team that would translate in what 35-40 saves with all the extra chances?

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from bald-predictions. Show bald-predictions's posts

All of this with Melancon based on just a couple of appearances. Maybe he's just in a slump, albeit a horrible slump.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from SpacemanEephus. Show SpacemanEephus's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Melancon optioned to Pawtucket/recalled RHP Junichi Tazawa : Actually it was 20 saves, but given the team he was on that's still a pretty remarkable save total. Watching what he's done in a Red Sox uni so far though, I'm having a hard time imagining how he ever saved 20 games last year.
    Posted by carnie[/QUOTE]

Has to be a mental hitch in the giddyup or subtle injury.  Even if 20 saves in Houston doesn't make someone a lights-out set-up man in Boston, there is no way he is this bad.  My educated guess is that he hits reset in Pawtucket and comes back to give the club some meaningful innings before long.

6. This post has been removed.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

I have liked tazawa for a long time. I hope he shines this year!

Melancon will be back.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from andrewmitch. Show andrewmitch's posts

It's not a slump.  It's his stuff - he's got nothing

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from andrewmitch. Show andrewmitch's posts

Tazawa ain't got no stuff either

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from craze4sox. Show craze4sox's posts

In Response to Melancon optioned to Pawtucket/recalled RHP Junichi Tazawa:
    [QUOTE]By Peter Abraham, Globe Staff No surprise here, Mark Melancon has been optioned to Triple-A Pawtucket. Nick cafardo just broke the news on Twitter. Melancon had a 49.50 earned run average in four games. His line — 2 IP, 10 H, 11 R, 11 ER, 2 BB, 1 K, 5 HR — was beyond ugly. Of the 18 batters he faced, 12 got on base. Melancon did not get an out on Tuesday night against Texas, giving up six runs. The Rangers hit three home runs off him. Perhaps in the minors, the 27-year-old can get himself together. The Red Sox hav e recalled RHP Junichi Tazawa to replace Melancon on the roster.
    Posted by 2004Idiots[/QUOTE]

Never sign an NL pitcher who has never seen any real pressure.  I knew when we signed him this would be the big question mark with Melancon but I will say this ....

If Tazawa lasts any longer I will "very happy" but amazed from what he has shown us so far in the bigs.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Iceman4. Show Iceman4's posts

that's what you get ..when you go CHEAP

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from BosoxJoe5. Show BosoxJoe5's posts

In response to "Re: Melancon optioned to Pawtucket/recalled RHP Junichi Tazawa": [QUOTE]It's not a slump.  It's his stuff - he's got nothing Posted by andrewmitch[/QUOTE] So a guy who has been know for having great stuff, never had stuff. Scouts be damned.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from xXR3S1NXx. Show xXR3S1NXx's posts

[QUOTE]that's what you get ..when you go CHEAP
    Posted by Iceman4[/QUOTE]

Expensive can be just as bad for relief pitchers see Jenks, Bobby

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Granite2000. Show Granite2000's posts

In terms of Red Sox pitching, it looks like we are going with Loser by Committee.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Iceman4. Show Iceman4's posts

How are any of these guys better than what Wake could have been? Lol

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from andrewmitch. Show andrewmitch's posts

There were 40,000 people in the stands last night who couldn't have done any worse than Oppie

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from AL34. Show AL34's posts

I am wondering if Melancon ever makes it back from that beating he took last night. His confidence must be shattered.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from andrewmitch. Show andrewmitch's posts

Oppie can take his fishing pole and meet me at the fishing hole. 

I don't think we need another BP pitcher.

Sections
Shortcuts