Memo From Softlaw to Manager John: For 2014 Middlebrooks to 1st & Bogaerts to 3rd

1. This post has been removed.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from ManagerJohn. Show ManagerJohn's posts

Re: Memo From Softlaw to Manager John: For 2014 Middlebrooks to 1st & Bogaerts to 3rd

NO!

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from seannybboi. Show seannybboi's posts

Re: Memo From Softlaw to Manager John: For 2014 Middlebrooks to 1st & Bogaerts to 3rd

In response to ManagerJohn's comment:

NO!

"That's not up to you John." said Cherington.

4. This post has been removed.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from 2004Idiot. Show 2004Idiot's posts

Christian Vazquez catching

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from SpacemanEephus. Show SpacemanEephus's posts

In response to softlaw2's comment:

Drop the force feed on Bogearts at SS. Put your best defensive player, Iggy, at SS, which is the 2nd most important fielding position the team. Make the defense stronger at 3rd with Bogearts, and make the defense stronger at 1st with Middlebrooks.

Bradley in CF

Shane in RF (stuck with this old man who has the value of an old used GM car)

If your farm is too poor to produce a LF'er, platoon Gomes with cheap internal or external LH

Do not get hosed in a trade for Stanton or a FA contract auction bid for Ellsbury

Build the 2014 team to be strong defensively and capable offensively.

I am fine with not trading the bright future for Stanton.  But, why not put Boegarts in left?

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

I said the same thing about these 2 player moves 3 months ago.

I'd put Bogaerts at 3B in AAA this year. Holt can play AAA SS, and move Marrero to AA.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Kingface12. Show Kingface12's posts

I think that's the team of the future...but still a year away from that happening.  I would love to see WMB at 1st and think that's probably the plan that they have in the future.  Bogaertz at 3rd and Iggy at short seems like a no-brainer in the future.  I really think though that like it or not...we're set up for this year.  As much as I hate injuries....it is a part of sports and right now Iggy has a HUGE opportunity to show what he can do at the plate.  He NEEDS to do better than a .200 AVG though.  This lineup simply isn't strong enough to hide that type of 'production'.  It could very well be a make or break opportunity for him. 

9. This post has been removed.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from carnie. Show carnie's posts

In response to Kingface12's comment:

I think that's the team of the future...but still a year away from that happening.  I would love to see WMB at 1st and think that's probably the plan that they have in the future.  Bogaertz at 3rd and Iggy at short seems like a no-brainer in the future.  I really think though that like it or not...we're set up for this year.  As much as I hate injuries....it is a part of sports and right now Iggy has a HUGE opportunity to show what he can do at the plate.  He NEEDS to do better than a .200 AVG though.  This lineup simply isn't strong enough to hide that type of 'production'.  It could very well be a make or break opportunity for him. 

I'm not so sure about that. He's the same age as Bradley Jr., Webster and Matt Barnes and already has a full season of AAA baseball under his belt while Bradley and Webster have yet to play above AA and Barnes has yet to even play at AA so far. I still think Jose's bat will at least begin to catch up with his glove eventually.

11. This post has been removed.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bill-806. Show Bill-806's posts

In response to softlaw2's comment:

Drop the force feed on Bogearts at SS. Put your best defensive player, Iggy, at SS, which is the 2nd most important fielding position the team. Make the defense stronger at 3rd with Bogearts, and make the defense stronger at 1st with Middlebrooks.

Bradley in CF

Shane in RF (stuck with this old man who has the value of an old used GM car)

If your farm is too poor to produce a LF'er, platoon Gomes with cheap internal or external LH

Do not get hosed in a trade for Stanton or a FA contract auction bid for Ellsbury

Build the 2014 team to be strong defensively and capable offensively.

Good call SOFTY........  The fact that PAPI & DREW will be on the D L may be just what Ben & LUCCIANOS need to think "beyound" this group of "old around the block stuff"  !!!!   Again,  Aceves, Salty,Bard, Jacoby, and a few others has VALUE.....  Move them and let's go forward, NOW rather than LATER !!!

13. This post has been removed.

14. This post has been removed.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hfxsoxnut. Show Hfxsoxnut's posts

Well, it certainly would be nice to have both Iglesias and Bogaerts.

16. This post has been removed.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from bald-predictions. Show bald-predictions's posts

These moves, suggestions. Do make sense.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from carnie. Show carnie's posts

In response to bald-predictions' comment:

These moves, suggestions. Do make sense.

Actually I think Bogaerts probably winds up in LF. He has the arm for the outfield, and his bat could profile in left. Unless he goes all Lars Anderson on us.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from mef429. Show mef429's posts

i still think XB should be a SS until he proves he can't play there. having the kind of offense he projects to have in the SS position would be amazing. If he shows he can handle the defensive aspects of the position of course.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hfxsoxnut. Show Hfxsoxnut's posts

An infield of Middlebrooks, Pedroia, Iglesias and Bogaerts might be pretty cool too.