MEMO TO BEN & LUCCIANO"S..... @ 16,5MIL REQUEST BY BIG PAPI, HAS ANYONE TESTED.....

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bill-806. Show Bill-806's posts

MEMO TO BEN & LUCCIANO"S..... @ 16,5MIL REQUEST BY BIG PAPI, HAS ANYONE TESTED.....

THE BIG GUY FOR DRUGS ???????  PLEASE SPARE ME/US ......  HE IS ALREADY OVER PAID !!!!!

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from NunciRom. Show NunciRom's posts

Re: MEMO TO BEN & LUCCIANO"S..... @ 16,5MIL REQUEST BY BIG PAPI, HAS ANYONE TESTED.....

At least he was on the bench giving moral support to his teammates and not like the malcontent in the clubhouse stuffing his face with fried chicken and quaffing beers.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Joebreidey. Show Joebreidey's posts

Re: MEMO TO BEN & LUCCIANO"S..... @ 16,5MIL REQUEST BY BIG PAPI, HAS ANYONE TESTED.....

Good thought.  You want us to test our own players, and allow the rest of the league to slide?  I want everyone tested, but I'm not seeing any reason to hold us to a higher standard than the rest of the league.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from georom4. Show georom4's posts

Joey, Papi did test positive and his press conference "explaining" it was almost as incredulous as OJ's when he said he would find the "real Killer". 

Bill doesnt want the fat cats around...I agree with him....I thought papi would take a 2 yr 20 mil deal but apparently he wants more....much more....and like the other overpaid, overweight slobs in September, he did nothing but complain that key month....

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bill-806. Show Bill-806's posts

In Response to Re: MEMO TO BEN & LUCCIANO"S..... @ 16,5MIL REQUEST BY BIG PAPI, HAS ANYONE TESTED.....:
    [QUOTE]Good thought.  You want us to test our own players, and allow the rest of the league to slide?  I want everyone tested, but I'm not seeing any reason to hold us to a higher standard than the rest of the league.
    Posted by Joebreidey[/QUOTE]  LET ME "SPLAIN".........  WHAT IS HE THINKING  (16.5MIL).......  NOT SO MUCH THE BODY, SURE DOES LOOK LIKE THE "MIND"  IS WAY OUT THERE !!!!!

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Joebreidey. Show Joebreidey's posts

In Response to Re: MEMO TO BEN & LUCCIANO"S..... @ 16,5MIL REQUEST BY BIG PAPI, HAS ANYONE TESTED.....:
    [QUOTE]Joey, Papi did test positive and his press conference "explaining" it was almost as incredulous as OJ's when he said he would find the "real Killer".  Bill doesnt want the fat cats around...I agree with him....I thought papi would take a 2 yr 20 mil deal but apparently he wants more....much more....and like the other overpaid, overweight slobs in September, he did nothing but complain that key month....
    Posted by georom4[/QUOTE]

I agree that I think we'd be better off without him.  I agree with the decision to offer him arbitration, but I was hoping that he'd take it.  And I have lost some respect for him over the issue.

But everyone has to be treated equally in the eyes of the (baseball) law.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Joebreidey. Show Joebreidey's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: MEMO TO BEN & LUCCIANO"S..... @ 16,5MIL REQUEST BY BIG PAPI, HAS ANYONE TESTED..... :   LET ME "SPLAIN".........  WHAT IS HE THINKING  (16.5MIL).......  NOT SO MUCH THE BODY, SURE DOES LOOK LIKE THE "MIND"  IS WAY OUT THERE !!!!!
    Posted by Bill-806[/QUOTE]

I hope you realize that asking for $16M probably works in our favor, not his.  It makes us more likely to win the case.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from georom4. Show georom4's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: MEMO TO BEN & LUCCIANO"S..... @ 16,5MIL REQUEST BY BIG PAPI, HAS ANYONE TESTED..... : I agree that I think we'd be better off without him.  I agree with the decision to offer him arbitration, but I was hoping that he'd take it.  And I have lost some respect for him over the issue. But everyone has to be treated equally in the eyes of the (baseball) law.
    Posted by Joebreidey[/QUOTE]

Moon & Andre were right = we shouldve let him walk and kept VMart....16.5 mil for a dh??? ay caramba....

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Soxdog67. Show Soxdog67's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: MEMO TO BEN & LUCCIANO"S..... @ 16,5MIL REQUEST BY BIG PAPI, HAS ANYONE TESTED..... :   LET ME "SPLAIN".........  WHAT IS HE THINKING  (16.5MIL).......  NOT SO MUCH THE BODY, SURE DOES LOOK LIKE THE "MIND"  IS WAY OUT THERE !!!!!
    Posted by Bill-806[/QUOTE]

HELLO BILL -- He is probably going to win the arbitration hearing if it gets to that...that's what he is thinking!!!

Yeah, I know, you want to run him out of town on a rail too...I am ashamed to be a Sox fan when I here the jibberish from some of the meatheads on this board...

...hey guys it's not about YOU, it's about fielding a team that can put the best possibly product on the field...there is no addition by subtraction here with the witch hunt (aka transformation wishes) thats going on with this team...it turns out to be subtraction by subtraction.

10. This post has been removed.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from NunciRom. Show NunciRom's posts

My brother George nailed it there. We should have kept VMart.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from traven. Show traven's posts

[QUOTE]My brother George nailed it there. We should have kept VMart.
    Posted by NunciRom[/QUOTE]

Yep and then we could have went out and got another player to replace him this year while we work within the LT level...good thinking.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from AL34. Show AL34's posts

This team goesinto the season with the current staff that they are using, its going to be over early. none of our top three (3) guyshavegone over 200 innings in a season in a while. They have assembled an injury list of proven pitchers and team throways for the 4th and 5th spot. They traded away a shortstop to pick up another throwaway CodyRoss from another team. This yearis just take the profits and hope fort the best in the pitching department. I think theyare kidding themselves withAviles at shortstop.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

[QUOTE]This team goesinto the season with the current staff that they are using, its going to be over early. none of our top three (3) guyshavegone over 200 innings in a season in a while. They have assembled an injury list of proven pitchers and team throways for the 4th and 5th spot. They traded away a shortstop to pick up another throwaway CodyRoss from another team. This yearis just take the profits and hope fort the best in the pitching department. I think theyare kidding themselves withAviles at shortstop.
    Posted by AL34[/QUOTE]

Aviles fields better than Scoot and may hit as well as the 2012 Scoot as well.

As for the 200+ IP: Lester pitched over 200 innings 3 of the last 4 seasons. I'm not sure I'd call that "in a while". He had about 192 last year.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from accland. Show accland's posts

This is a terrible and so avoidable situation.
    If Papi wins, it ends all possibilities of adding meaningfully to the roster-no $ left!
    If papi loses, he pouts all year. He does have an overwhelming opinion of himself.
    Management/ownership should have been planning for the worst, papi accepting arbitration, rather than thinking that they are the smartest people in the room, we will get a draft pick at worst.
    If the sox lose and somehow drop papi it is a PR nightmare and the hole in the lineup cannot be filled. There is no near replacement free agent and the sox prospects are so far away that they have little value as primary trade pieces. (Can we all stop mentioning Dubront, Lars, Bowden, and all of the other out of options has beens? If the sox don't want them, why would any other team?)
    Really stupid non-thinking on the part of ownership/management!

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from NunciRom. Show NunciRom's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: MEMO TO BEN & LUCCIANO"S..... @ 16,5MIL REQUEST BY BIG PAPI, HAS ANYONE TESTED..... : Moon & Andre were right = we shouldve let him walk and kept VMart....16.5 mil for a dh??? ay caramba....

VMart would have been great to keep. InEpstein screwed up again.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from S5. Show S5's posts

Do I understand this right? 

If a player (Papi) accepts arbitration and wins in arbitration the contract is not guaranteed and the team can cut him loose without paying him?

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Thomasmtom. Show Thomasmtom's posts

Somebody should look at the teams projected lineup! Now subtract Ortiz and what do you have? Did the Sox make a bad decision, YES! The best time to deal with Ortiz's contract was actually last year. Reject the option and offer a 2 year deal (then), now he is in the drivers seat. Rather than go to arbitration, negotiate and make the best of the situation.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Joebreidey. Show Joebreidey's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: MEMO TO BEN & LUCCIANO"S..... @ 16,5MIL REQUEST BY BIG PAPI, HAS ANYONE TESTED..... : VMart would have been great to keep. InEpstein screwed up again.
    Posted by NunciRom[/QUOTE]

ROTFLMAO!!!!

VMart is out for the year.  Maybe stop by the library to take a look at the newspaper once in a while.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Joebreidey. Show Joebreidey's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: MEMO TO BEN & LUCCIANO"S..... @ 16,5MIL REQUEST BY BIG PAPI, HAS ANYONE TESTED..... : Moon & Andre were right = we shouldve let him walk and kept VMart....16.5 mil for a dh??? ay caramba....

Papi will get about the same as VMart this year, on a one-year contract.  And he is a much better hitter than VMart.

And you do know that VMart is out for the year, right?  I mean, some of the posters in here don't follow BB much, but I expect a bit more from you.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from saxydogg77. Show saxydogg77's posts

I love when the angry losers on this board chime in with their self-righteous, judgemental opinions about the Red Sox or life in general.  Good money says these same clowns lobbing bombs from behind their keyboards would turn into the the very same 'roid-abusing, lazy entitled jerks that they whine about incessantly if they had even a shred of the talent that the pros have.  Seriously, do you guys have any human contact other than the circle-stroking with the other Miserable Minions who troll this website?

Goodbye sober day.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: MEMO TO BEN & LUCCIANO"S..... @ 16,5MIL REQUEST BY BIG PAPI, HAS ANYONE TESTED..... : Papi will get about the same as VMart this year, on a one-year contract.  

If Papi wins arb, he'll make $16M while VMart makes $13M ($12.5 luxury hit).

And he is a much better hitter than VMart. 

Yes, he is, but when we play in NL parks, where does Papi play? At least we could have found a couple of positions to get VMart's bat in the line-up.

And you do know that VMart is out for the year, right?  

Yes, most of us know that, but who knows if he would have been hurt had history been changed over a year ago.

I was not for bringing VMart back, but once I saw what he signed for with Detroit, I second-guesses my position. Had we given him $13M x 4 and let Papi walk last year, who knows what might have happened. We can assume Wake would have done a lot better .with VMart as his caddy than Salty. (I'm assuming VMart would have caught 25-50 games and DH'd the rest.) Maybe Youk could have stayed healthier had he been able to DH 25-50 games instead of playing 3B full-time. 

Papi had some nice stats last year, but we really needed something like 120 RBIs or some walk-off hits. I'm hoping we see more of that this year, and if anyone can do it, it's Papi. The guy is legendary. 

Posted by Joebreidey[/QUOTE]

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from BurritoT. Show BurritoT's posts

That is correct - Ortiz is not the Ortiz of days long since gone by. We need that 35 homer 120 ribbie machine that terrifies pitchers (LHP and RHP).

Look at ARod, the Yankees are expecting a big bounce back from him. Dare I suggest that he might hit 30/100 but that he will be a lot less impactful as compared to the past - just like Ortiz now.

There is a big difference comparing both players today with say 3+ years ago.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from Soxdog67. Show Soxdog67's posts

[QUOTE]Do I understand this right?  If a player (Papi) accepts arbitration and wins in arbitration the contract is not guaranteed and the team can cut him loose without paying him?
    Posted by S5[/QUOTE]

That is not true, the deal is guaranteed! The team and player have agreed on a one year contract, the arbitrator decides which salary proposal best fits the player/team situation.

The only out the team in this situation is sign the player before the ruling or trade the player elsewhere...otherwise they are committed to paying the contract the arbitrator ruled.

Sections
Shortcuts