Memo To Cherry: Trade Proposal: Ellsbury, Bailey and Carp for Rangers top prospect & Moreland

1. This post has been removed.

2. This post has been removed.

3. This post has been removed.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bill-806. Show Bill-806's posts

Re: Memo To Cherry: Trade Proposal: Ellsbury, Bailey and Carp for Rangers top prospect & Moreland

I will drive the bus to the airport !!

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from seannybboi. Show seannybboi's posts

Re: Memo To Cherry: Trade Proposal: Ellsbury, Bailey and Carp for Rangers top prospect & Moreland

you can't even name the Rangers' top prospect and still want him... 

6. This post has been removed.

7. This post has been removed.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from seannybboi. Show seannybboi's posts

Rangers didn't give up Profar for Upton.  Why would they give up for Ellsbury?

9. This post has been removed.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from mrkite74. Show mrkite74's posts

the rangers would trade andrus before profar.  no chance at getting him.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from seannybboi. Show seannybboi's posts

it's too risky for the Rangers to keep Ellsbury season long to get draft pick out of him and Bailey's vaule is all time low.  They are not giving up #1 prospect in baseball even for Ellsbury and Bailey.  

12. This post has been removed.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from seannybboi. Show seannybboi's posts

Sox will trade Ellsbury before the deadline.  They are not keeping him till the end of season to offer him QO and get a draft pick.  

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Leftfielder61. Show Leftfielder61's posts

Jurickson Profar is not only the Rangers top prospect, he is considered by many to be the best prospect in Baseball. There is ZERO chance that the Rangers would trade him.

I find it confusing that the OP thinks that Ells is so lousy and fragile that we should dump him but that other teams would be willing to give up their Best Prospects to get him.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bill-806. Show Bill-806's posts

In response to softlaw2's comment:

Rangers current top prospect is Jurickson Profar. He's projected for 2nd base for the Rangers, currently plays SS. Hits for decent power, and is a switch hitter. A competent GM would start looking at athletic talent and skill and acquire based on that aspect. With Profar, who the Rangers are quite willing to trade, the Red should stop reacting and plan the following:

Middlebrooks to 1st base for 2014

Iglesias to SS for 2013-2014

Bogaerts or Profar to 3rd base, and the other either traded or moved to the corner OF for 2014, depending upon whether Brentz proves himself by early spring 2014.

lineup for now:

Bradley, Jr.

Pedroia

Ortiz (when he returns or Napoli for now)

Middlebrooks/Napoli (depends on who is hot)

Napoli/Middlebrooks (ditto)

Moreland

Shane

Ross/Salty

Drew (mistake and uncessary expense)

2014 lineup:

Bradley, Jr

Pedroia

Ortiz (I hope he's not in traction)

Middlebrooks

(Napoli or cheap RH veteran 1st baseman with upper tier 3 year upper tier OPS splits)/Moreland

Bogearts or Brentz or Profar

Shane

Profar or Kalish or veteran above average v. RHP splits corner veteran OF 1 year cheap) or Gomes 

Iglesias

How about Mike Flacco ?????

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from devildavid. Show devildavid's posts

The "trade Ellsbury" drone drones on. AKA everyone who disagrees with me is a drone.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from mef429. Show mef429's posts

In response to Leftfielder61's comment:

Jurickson Profar is not only the Rangers top prospect, he is considered by many to be the best prospect in Baseball. There is ZERO chance that the Rangers would trade him.

I find it confusing that the OP thinks that Ells is so lousy and fragile that we should dump him but that other teams would be willing to give up their Best Prospects to get him.

Ellsbury IS lousy and fragile.... it's the comp pick that is so valuable!! those things are like blood diamonds.. because you know, only lousy and fragile players get qualifying offers and therefore, comp picks..

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from carnie. Show carnie's posts

Welcome to the club.

19. This post has been removed.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from fizsh. Show fizsh's posts

In response to mef429's comment:

Ellsbury ISlousy and fragile.... it's the comp pick that is so valuable!! those things are like blood diamonds.. because you know, only lousy and fragile players get qualifying offers and therefore, comp picks..

This is what people don't seem to understand.  I keep reading that if we keep Ellsbury we will get a draft pick or if we trade him the other team will get a draft pick.  ONLY if he is tendered a qualifying offer, which should be in the $13 million range, will a team get the pick.  So, if he has another subpar season, I do not see the Sox or whoever owns him tendering him the offer.

21. This post has been removed.

22. This post has been removed.

23. This post has been removed.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from ctredsoxfanhugh. Show ctredsoxfanhugh's posts

Hey maybe we get Bryce Harper for Ellsbury? Or maybe Mike Trout....let's call up the O's I know they are in the same division but they would have to give up Manny Machado for Ells

Didnt you guys know?  Ellsbury is the kinda player who you DON'T want on your team but OBVIOUSLY you will get top talent or him.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from Joebreidey. Show Joebreidey's posts

Not only give up their best pick, but as others have mentioned, they also have to think he is worth $14M, so Softlaw muct think exptremely highly of Ellsbury.

But no chance this is happening.  It isn't even close.  I like ellsbury, but if the Rangers were offering up Profar, I'd drive Ellsbury down to TX myself.

Sections
Shortcuts