Memo To Cherry: Trade Proposal: Ellsbury, Bailey and Carp for Rangers top prospect & Moreland

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from ctredsoxfanhugh. Show ctredsoxfanhugh's posts

Re: Memo To Cherry: Trade Proposal: Ellsbury, Bailey and Carp for Rangers top prospect & Moreland

In response to Joebreidey's comment:

In response to Leftfielder61's comment:

Jurickson Profar is not only the Rangers top prospect, he is considered by many to be the best prospect in Baseball. There is ZERO chance that the Rangers would trade him.

I find it confusing that the OP thinks that Ells is so lousy and fragile that we should dump him but that other teams would be willing to give up their Best Prospects to get him.

Not only give up their best pick, but as others have mentioned, they also have to think he is worth $14M, so Softlaw muct think exptremely highly of Ellsbury.

But no chance this is happening.  It isn't even close.  I like ellsbury, but if the Rangers were offering up Profar, I'd drive Ellsbury down to TX myself.

I think we all agree that Softys trade idea would be a great trade.  Id dump ellsbury and take half a decade of Profar in a heart beat.  however back here on earth we just can't see that happening.  

2. This post has been removed.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hfxsoxnut. Show Hfxsoxnut's posts

Re: Memo To Cherry: Trade Proposal: Ellsbury, Bailey and Carp for Rangers top prospect & Moreland

Any comparable trades where a team gave up their top prospect for this type of return?

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonTrollSpanker. Show BostonTrollSpanker's posts

I kind of like this trade softy...! 

Maybe you can mention it to Jim Rice the next time the two of you are golfing or bowling and he can pass it along to Cherry.....

I like that you made an effort to create a trade the works for both sides rather than the usual one-side naive junk most folks fantasize about in here. 

I don't think the Sox are actively shopping Ells right now but I'm good with trying to get what we can for him. 

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from mef429. Show mef429's posts

In response to BostonTrollSpanker's comment:

I kind of like this trade softy...! 

Maybe you can mention it to Jim Rice the next time the two of you are golfing or bowling and he can pass it along to Cherry.....

I like that you made an effort to create a trade the works for both sides rather than the usual one-side naive junk most folks fantasize about in here. 

I don't think the Sox are actively shopping Ells right now but I'm good with trying to get what we can for him. 

it is a lopsided trade, Profar is the #1 prospect in all of BB.... the Rangers aren't giving him up for 1 year of Ellsbury plus comp pick plus Bailey and Carp. and we are definitely not getting Moreland too.

asanine!

6. This post has been removed.

7. This post has been removed.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hfxsoxnut. Show Hfxsoxnut's posts

Ellsbury won't be here for 2014, I have no doubt about that.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Joebreidey. Show Joebreidey's posts

In response to softlaw2's comment:

The "don't trade Ellsbury" folks aren't even good at pretending they would. Joe either can't read or values Bailey at sub-zero. Ditto for the other catatonic trollers.

Folks, it's Ellsbury for a year, plus draft compensation for next year, plus Bailedy. If I read one of you numnuts post "he thinks they'll trade a top prospect for Ellsbury", I'm going to call you pathological liars. There, I already did it.

Follow along, numnuts:

The Rangers are looking for a good pen arm.

When Ellsbury goes, they get draft compensation plus they control
    Bailey for 2 more years.

Don't be scared that Cherry will trade Ellsbury, he's never even considred it. The reports that "he just wasn't getting anything" are nonsense. A player with draft compensation will get "something", particularly when he comes with a cheap solid young pen arm for 2 more years.

The reason Cherry is hanging on to Ellsbury is because you numnuts call him "the best player on the team" and "we love watching him because he upsets pitchers when he's not on the disabled list".

It's too bad that Cherry didn't get the same feedback on that bum Wastefield. He would have traded Ellsbury if he felt the Red Sox fans weren't going to cry about it.

How much do you think that ~#33 draft comp is worth?  Maybe someone like Cecchini?  Someone like Profar is probably worth 3-4 #33 picks.

I can tell you are mentally unraveling when you are reduced to nothing but insults.  Insults are the response from the intellectually-challenged when logic has failed.

And the 3rd paragraph once again demonstrates just how fragile you are psychologically.  Wakefield, seriously?  Can you not get past him?  Do you dream of him at night?

Once again, you have proven yourself incapable of an adult conversation, and seemingly bereft of BB knowledge.

The Rangers are not giving up the #1 prospect in BB for one year of Ellsbury, no matter how great you think he is, a #33 pick, and a BP arm.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from hill55. Show hill55's posts

The irony that softlaw2 can't spell an insult properly:

http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=numbnuts

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from garyhow. Show garyhow's posts

I bet the Rangers would agree to this.

Bet they wouldn't. [1] yr of Ells, a relief pitcher who is always hurt, and Carp who was recently released by M's for a Top Prospect / Moreland. Jon Daniels does not come off as an idiot.

12. This post has been removed.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from ctredsoxfanhugh. Show ctredsoxfanhugh's posts

Maybe we can trade Ellsbury, Daniel nava, Alfredo Aceves, felix doubront, a bag of balls, and 5 erasable pens to the nationals for Strasburg and Harper.  

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from mef429. Show mef429's posts

Lavarnway and Miller for Miggy. Detroit would go for this deal.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from southpaw777. Show southpaw777's posts

I think everyone here clearly understands the players involved in this fantasy trade that would never in a million years happen. Problem is, the OP is either just trying to get attention from a clearly ridiculous proposal, as usual. Or, he is serious and actually believes his proposal is legit. Which at that time I would have to remind him that this isnt a video game and is in fact reality...Take your pick.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Joebreidey. Show Joebreidey's posts

In response to southpaw777's comment:

I think everyone here clearly understands the players involved in this fantasy trade that would never in a million years happen. Problem is, the OP is either just trying to get attention from a clearly ridiculous proposal, as usual. Or, he is serious and actually believes his proposal is legit. Which at that time I would have to remind him that this isnt a video game and is in fact reality...Take your pick.

Probably at this point, he is sobering up and realizing how absurd his proposal was.  Nothing like having 20 guys respond and find out all 20 of them are laughing at your proposal.

17. This post has been removed.

18. This post has been removed.

19. This post has been removed.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Joebreidey. Show Joebreidey's posts

No proposal is more absurd than the current 150 million dollar labor proposal for 2013.

2 proven MLB players plus draft compensatoin for one top prospect and a career platoon bench guy is hardly absurd, Joe. 

Joe, your a back bencher and wouldn't know what a good trade is. You should work for the same idiots who traded for Gagne. a trade you lauded and then denied.

1-I was an agnostic on the Gagne trade.  Feel free to prove otherwise (acknowledging that documentation is not in your vocabulary).

2-It is a ridiculously weak proposal.  No one is going to trade the #1 prospect in the country for one year of a guy porjected for a maybe 4 WAR, plus an RP to come in the 7th inning, plus a draft pick that might be the equivalent of a #100 prospect, and that's being generous.

How about, instead of continuously saying 'it's a good proposal', show me an equivalent trade?  Where someone gave up a #1 or #2, and what they got in return?

Can you do that?

Can you actually try to back up what you say?

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ice-Cream. Show Ice-Cream's posts

In response to Hfxsoxnut's comment:

Ellsbury won't be here for 2014, I have no doubt about that.

I agree with you Hfxsoxnut.  This will be Ellsbury's last year with the Red Sox. 

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from mef429. Show mef429's posts

In response to Joebreidey's comment:

No proposal is more absurd than the current 150 million dollar labor proposal for 2013.

2 proven MLB players plus draft compensatoin for one top prospect and a career platoon bench guy is hardly absurd, Joe. 

Joe, your a back bencher and wouldn't know what a good trade is. You should work for the same idiots who traded for Gagne. a trade you lauded and then denied.

1-I was an agnostic on the Gagne trade.  Feel free to prove otherwise (acknowledging that documentation is not in your vocabulary).

2-It is a ridiculously weak proposal.  No one is going to trade the #1 prospect in the country for one year of a guy porjected for a maybe 4 WAR, plus an RP to come in the 7th inning, plus a draft pick that might be the equivalent of a #100 prospect, and that's being generous.

How about, instead of continuously saying 'it's a good proposal', show me an equivalent trade?  Where someone gave up a #1 or #2, and what they got in return?

Can you do that?

Can you actually try to back up what you say?

HA! doubtful.

23. This post has been removed.

24. This post has been removed.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from slomag. Show slomag's posts

I don't think we could get Profar, but I don't think the trade is that ridiculous, either.  Ellsbury is a gamble, but the Rangers need to gamble, right now - they're a shadow of the team of the team that they were last year.

I'd suggest Ellsbury straight up for Mike Olt - Texas just signed Ian Kinsler for five years, so the best place for Profar right now is 3B, which blocks out Olt.  We can move him to 1B, and he can take over for Napoli next year.

If the gamble pays off for the Rangers, they've narrowed the gaping offensive hole left by Hamilton's departure, secured draft compensation for next year, and shown their fan base they're comitted to competing with the Angels and A's.  If not, they've lost a blocked prospect.  

Now's a great time for the Sox to make a deal like this from the PR perspective - even the most die-hard Ellsbury fan has to be excited about Bradley, after the Spring he's had.  Nobody would see it as giving up on the season.

Sections
Shortcuts