Memo to Detroit Clubhouse: Red Sox Call Miguel Cabrera a Hobbled Slap Hitter

1. This post has been removed.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hfxsoxnut. Show Hfxsoxnut's posts

Re: Memo to Detroit Clubhouse: Red Sox Call Miguel Cabrera a Hobbled Slap Hitter

In response to notin's comment:

I wonder if Detroit will ever realize their best lineup means benching Martinez and moving Cabrera and Fielder to a 1B/DH situtation.   They might be smart to make that move now while they still have Peralta to plug in at 3B....

Martinez had a .913 OPS after the ASB and over 1.000 in the LDS.  He might be the most dangerous guy in that lineup right now.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheExaminer. Show TheExaminer's posts

Re: Memo to Detroit Clubhouse: Red Sox Call Miguel Cabrera a Hobbled Slap Hitter

In response to Joebreidey's comment:

In response to TheExaminer's comment:

In response to Joebreidey's comment:

Mark Feinsand 7m
    Clay Buchholz doesn't think Miguel Cabrera's health will hinder him at all. "He can still hit any pitch that you throw," Buchholz said.

Is that what Softy is referring to?

No Red Sox player would have ever said something like what softbrain is claiming, Just consider the OP source and move on.

Are you saying that Softy made all that up?  That he lied about it?

I'm shocked!

Yes I know its shocking, and none of us want to believe it, but as devastating as this is, we have to deal with it the best we can. God help us.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Joebreidey. Show Joebreidey's posts

In response to RedSoxFireman's comment:

If you are referring to this season, their best lineup would be Martinez catching, the other two catchers for the Tigers are weak. They move Miggy to DH and Peralta to 3rd and Iglesias in at SS and they get better defense and better hitting. It would be one thing if the Tiger catchers were strong defensive catchers and/or hitters, but they are neither. But too late for that now, they should have been doing it when Miggy first got hurt. 

That would be correct, but only if VMart can still catch.  He's had 29 starts in 3 years.  With his injuries, he might not be capable of even doing that anymore.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from notin. Show notin's posts

In response to Hfxsoxnut's comment:

In response to notin's comment:

I wonder if Detroit will ever realize their best lineup means benching Martinez and moving Cabrera and Fielder to a 1B/DH situtation.   They might be smart to make that move now while they still have Peralta to plug in at 3B....

Martinez had a .913 OPS after the ASB and over 1.000 in the LDS.  He might be the most dangerous guy in that lineup right now.

The sample size in the 7 game LDS is small.

The reality is that team has greatly comprimised themselves defensively to accomodate him, Cabrera and Fielder. 

Potentially, they coulod bench Fielder instead and move Cabrera to 1B, but either way, that team can and will fare better if they stop this back-and-forth wavering about defense that has been going on for several years now, and actually stick to a well-rounded team approach...

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from ctredsoxfanhugh. Show ctredsoxfanhugh's posts

Lets see:

The Red Sox never called Miguel Cabrera a hobbled slap hitter; I called him a slap hitter.  And I didn't say "he was a slap hitter" rather I said his injuries had reduced him effectively to such. 

Now lets see he ended the season with 1 HR since august 27th. 

After a fist half he boasted a 1.132 OPS

in Sept/October his OPS slipped to .729 with 1 HR. 

In the playoffs he sported a .742 OPS with 1 HR. 

not horrible, but obviously nowhere near the leagues best hitter. 

The stats supported the Logic and today Caberea had surgery to fix a....wait for it...surprise surprise a sports hernia. 

http://www.mlbtraderumors.com/2013/10/al-central-notes-cabrera-twins-konerko-abreu.html

All this ranting and raving from Softy, for once again, effectively nothing. 

Sections
Shortcuts