Memo to JD Drew

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from devildavid. Show devildavid's posts

Memo to JD Drew

There's a bat in your hands.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from andrewmitch. Show andrewmitch's posts

Re: Memo to JD Drew

Drew is the King of the Toothpick Award

(he either looks for a Walk or K's out....either way, he could do just as well with a TOOTH PICK in his hands)

But don't tell Wonder Boy that.  Let him enjoy his denial for a few more months.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from elvis-surfs. Show elvis-surfs's posts

yeah, drew is part of the no-spunk crew, addressed in another thread i started...however, no drew no 2007...i thank him and all the kooks who contributed to his salary, but i wont miss him when he is gone...

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from andrewmitch. Show andrewmitch's posts

Drew was the Least Valuable Player of the 2007.  We win in 2007 w/o Drew there is absolutely no doubt in my mind.

He was the hero (in addition to Ortiz and Crisp) of G5 of the 08 ALCS and he hit a bomb off KRod in G2 of the 08 DLS - but that's about the end of his highlight film

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from BaseballGM. Show BaseballGM's posts

Memo to Lowrie, try getting on base instead of swinging for the fences in the 9th inning, down by one run.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from RSF4Life234. Show RSF4Life234's posts

In Response to Re: Memo to JD Drew:
    Drew was the Least Valuable Player of the 2007.  We win in 2007 w/o Drew there is absolutely no doubt in my mind. He was the hero (in addition to Ortiz and Crisp) of G5 of the 08 ALCS and he hit a bomb off KRod in G2 of the 08 DLS - but that's about the end of his highlight film
    Posted by andrewmitch

dont let your bias cloud your judgement. Drew was instrumental in the 2007 world series, if i recall he hit an important and clutch grandslam in the 2007 play offs. Also i was at the game in which the sox had the biggest comback in playoff history (game 5 tampa bay in 2008) he also had the tying hr in that game as well. Drew has some seriously clutch skills i admit sometimes hes frustrating but without drew no 2007 world series becuase wtihout him the sox dont win the 2007 alcs

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from southpaw777. Show southpaw777's posts

Memo to Lowrie, try getting on base instead of swinging for the fences in the 9th inning, down by one run.
    Posted by BaseballGM

Couldnt resist huh...once again, nothing to offer.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from dmosul. Show dmosul's posts

Release Drew NOW

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from andrewmitch. Show andrewmitch's posts

I mentioned Game 5 of 08 ALCS

RE:  G6 of the 07 ALCS.....they won 11-2 and they had the greatest post season pitcher on the hill for them that night - the GS was not the deciding factor

Did you see his 07 regular season stats?  .260/11/64 - hello?????????? 

JD Drew was the LVP hands down.............

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from tom-uk. Show tom-uk's posts

Drew as Sox ~$60m, on pace $77m. A tick above a bargain.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from georom4. Show georom4's posts

that at bat was pathetic...he looked like Manny that time against the Yanks dialing it in

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from andrewmitch. Show andrewmitch's posts

If Drew was worth 60 million over the past 4 years, Albert Puljous should be awarded ownership of all 30 major league teams.......6 million sure....60?  makes no sense......

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hfxsoxnut. Show Hfxsoxnut's posts

I mentioned Game 5 of 08 ALCS RE:  G6 of the 07 ALCS.....they won 11-2 and they had the greatest post season pitcher on the hill for them that night - the GS was not the deciding factor Did you see his 07 regular season stats?  .260/11/64 - hello??????????  JD Drew was the LVP hands down.............
    Posted by andrewmitch

andrew, this is one of the worst things I see Sox fans do here...they look back in time and try to discredit accomplishments by their own players and management.  Drew's GS was a huge hit at the time.  Saying it wasn't a big deal because of the other runs we scored and Schilling is like saying Damon's GS in '04 was no big deal either.

Drew had 11 RBI in 14 games in the 2007 playoffs.  He hit .360 in the ALCS and .333 in the WS. 

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from andrewmitch. Show andrewmitch's posts

So was Drew more valuable that year than

Pedey
    Youk
    Manny
    Ortiz
    Lowell
    Tek
    Beckett
    Schilling
    Dice-K
    Paps
    Okie
    Etc Etc Etc

PS - you failed to mention the DLS

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from andrewmitch. Show andrewmitch's posts

Hmmmm, so because Matthews is a joke all of a sudden Theo made a great decision?  Bloody Brillant......

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hfxsoxnut. Show Hfxsoxnut's posts

So was Drew more valuable that year than Pedey Youk Manny Ortiz Lowell Tek Beckett Schilling Dice-K Paps Okie Etc Etc Etc PS - you failed to mention the DLS
    Posted by andrewmitch

I'm not saying who he was more valuable than.  I'm just saying he was very valuable that postseason.

He only hit .182 in the LDS but he had 3 RBI in the 3 games.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from andrewmitch. Show andrewmitch's posts

And I said he was the LVP of the 07 team.  Take him off the roster and we still win. 

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from tom-uk. Show tom-uk's posts

2007 - present
    Swisher         $52.6m
    DeJesus         $43m
    Markakis       $62.8m
    Matthews Jr    -$5m
    Cruz             $44.3m
    Kubel            $23.2m

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hfxsoxnut. Show Hfxsoxnut's posts

And I said he was the LVP of the 07 team.  Take him off the roster and we still win. 
    Posted by andrewmitch

What a pointless statement though.  As good as they were, you could probably say the same about Ortiz or Pedroia or Youk or Lowell. 

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from andrewmitch. Show andrewmitch's posts

No, you could not say the same thing about any of the guys I listed in my prior post.

That would be like saying "The Sox don't win without Kevin Cash"

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hfxsoxnut. Show Hfxsoxnut's posts

No, you could not say the same thing about any of the guys I listed in my prior post. That would be like saying "The Sox don't win without Kevin Cash"
    Posted by andrewmitch

OK, for example, what hits did Ortiz have in the 2007 postseason that we wouldn't have won without?

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from andrewmitch. Show andrewmitch's posts

You are only looking at the post season and not at the entire season.......You do realize that a team has to perform well enough during the regular season to make the post season right?  This is isn't hockey, yet..........So I ask you - where was Drew for the first 162 games of 2007?

PS - if you want to zone in on a single AB for Drew - ie G6 of the 07 ALCS...then I will pick a single AB too - G7 of the 08 ALCS......if you say Drew was the reason we won in 07, then I can just as easily say Drew is the reason why we lost in 2008.  and both statements would be INSANE........

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hfxsoxnut. Show Hfxsoxnut's posts

You are only looking at the post season and not at the entire season.......You do realize that a team has to perform well enough during the regular season to make the post season right?  This is isn't hockey, yet..........So I ask you - where was Drew for the first 162 games of 2007?
    Posted by andrewmitch

Drew was also one of our best hitters down the stretch in '07.  He hit 342/454/618 in September with 4 HR and 18 RBI in 23 games.

If your sole purpose here is to show he was the 'LVP' that year, are you including Lugo and Crisp?

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from jozee76. Show jozee76's posts

Other than that 1 swing (and 1 great swing it was!) against Cleveland he is a complete waste of Red Sox laundry!!!!! A complete waste!

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonTrollSpanker. Show BostonTrollSpanker's posts

JD Drew > Andrew Mitch

Sections
Shortcuts