Memo to Scott Boras: Re: Ethics Complaint

1. This post has been removed.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from ADG. Show ADG's posts

Re: Memo to Scott Boras: Re: Ethics Complaint

Excellent post. I wouldn't go near Ellsbury and the money Bora$ is looking for. I don't see .268/.311/.368 with 2 HR and 16 RBI as a $20M per year player. Oh year and one who missed most of 2/3 seasons.

I'd take my chances with Brentz, Bradley Jr., etc.

3. This post has been removed.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from maxbialystock. Show maxbialystock's posts

So far Boras hasn't done anything significant on Ellsbury besides talk about him and suggest/recommend he rehab out west in 2010.  Ellsbury, Bradley, and Bogaerts (the write-up on him suggests he is a better bet for the the OF than at SS) all still belong to the Sox to do with as they please.  Ellsbury has been a bargain for the Sox so far. 

As much as I dislike Boras, I don't think he is doing anything untoward with respect to those two minor leaguers.  If he praised them to the skies right now, it wouldn't get them another dime.  Both have contracts with the Sox and must prove they are worth good MLB money before Boras can begin to sell them. 

Ellsbury has demonstrated he can play and play well at this level.  Bogaerts and Bradley are to date gleams in the eyes of Boras, the Sox, the fans, etc. 

5. This post has been removed.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from slasher9. Show slasher9's posts

my hatred for scott boras has no limit

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from maxbialystock. Show maxbialystock's posts

In response to Memo to Scott Boras: Re: Ethics Complaint:
    [QUOTE]

As much as I dislike Boras, I don't think he is doing anything untoward with respect to those two minor leaguers.  If he praised them to the skies right now, it wouldn't get them another dime

He stated that Bradley, Jr. wasn't the talent that Ellsbury is. You obviously don't understand a conflict of interest. Boras is a crook who just violated ethics 101.

Bradley, Jr. is the real deal. He will be a regular starter in MLB, and doesn't have to do much to exceed the value of a "franchise player" who has problems showing up for work.

The value is in Bradley, Jr., not Ellsbury. Boras' conflict of interest should warrant a license suspension.

[/QUOTE]

Oh, come on. We all definitely hope Bradley is that good, but he has never done anything at the MLB level.  Never. 

Last year Ellsbury came in 2d--and led all lineup players--in the AL MVP race. Plus a gold glove.  And don't forget 105 rbi's while batting leadoff and an OPS of .924 (I think).   That is pretty darn good evidence Ellsbury is a franchise player.   No way could you go to court and convict Boras of lying or even ethics violations. 

What could get Scott Boras sued, however, if he starts representing Ellsbury like this:  "I'd really like to tell you Ells is a heckuva ballplayer and outfielder, but the truth is I don't think he'll ever come close to repeating what he did last year.  The gold glove is suspect because he actually has a weak arm.  And boy is he high risk--he's missed half of the last three seasons.  This year he's played like somebody's 4th outfielder. You know, he's just never really overcome that problem with the reverse pivot.   If you're smart, you'll offer him $5M/year for maybe three years, and I'll see if I can't convince him that's a good deal." 

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from dgalehouse. Show dgalehouse's posts

If Bradley shows that he is good enough , his time will come.  It is easy to hate a guy like Boras.   But the fact is that he is the most successful agent in baseball.  The more money he gets for his clients , the more more money he makes for himself . and the more clients he is able to acquire. It can be a dirty business , but Boras knows how to play the game.  You can't take that away from him.  People want to glorify Curt Flood and the idea of free agency , then complain about the sleazy agents and the ten dollar beers.  It is all part of the deal. 

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from southpaw777. Show southpaw777's posts

http://www.milb.com/news/article.jsp?ymd=20120830&content_id=37604074&vkey=news_t533&fext=.jsp&sid=t533

Platoon profile my azz...

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from parhunter55. Show parhunter55's posts

In response to dgalehouse's comment:

If Bradley shows that he is good enough , his time will come.  It is easy to hate a guy like Boras.   But the fact is that he is the most successful agent in baseball.  The more money he gets for his clients , the more more money he makes for himself . and the more clients he is able to acquire. It can be a dirty business , but Boras knows how to play the game.  You can't take that away from him.  People want to glorify Curt Flood and the idea of free agency , then complain about the sleazy agents and the ten dollar beers.  It is all part of the deal. 

Well said.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from parhunter55. Show parhunter55's posts

Good link from southpaw.  Good read, thanks.  would love to see Brentz, Bradley, Kalish and Ross in the OF next season. 

12. This post has been removed.

13. This post has been removed.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxdirtdog. Show redsoxdirtdog's posts

In response to TrotterNixon's comment:

Good agents don't dis their clients to cash in on another client. If Boras has a law licesne, he should be disbarred. Bradley, Jr. should fire him. The agent has nothing to do with a player's market value.

As for Brentz, he stuck out in 2 of his first 3 AB's in AAA. His slugging, for AA, was not impressive at all. He'll be lucky if he has career staying power as a platoon OF'er.

It's clear you've never had a law license or you would know this was nothing more than a slip up in trying to pump up Ells' value.  Sure!  It was a really stupid thing to say about another client, but actionable?  I might be inclined to dump the guy as my agent, but probably would hang with him knowing he's eventually going to get me the big $$$  I will eventually merit.

I would simply be happy knowing you are nothing more than a George Costanza lawyer wannabe, & NOT MY pretend lawyer.  :)

15. This post has been removed.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxdirtdog. Show redsoxdirtdog's posts

In response to TrotterNixon's comment:

Sure!  It was a really stupid thing to say about another client, but actionable? 

It's not actionable, mental midget, it's "cause of action", which isn't applicable in an ethic complaint. It's a stark conflict of interest that would lead to a suspension if he still has a license to practice law. As for "he'll ge me my big AAA I will eventually merit", agents don't have anything to do with player market value. That's all the labor of the player.

You aren't a pretend mental midget, you are an authentic imbecile. 

ac·tion·a·ble [ ákshənəb'l ]
    1. giving cause for legal action: giving a basis for somebody to take legal action

Whatever you say George!  :)

You are a riot!  LOL  I've never know anyone so obsessed with sounding smart.  Anybody who was so narcissistic as to defend every wrong position he's ever had.  NO matter how obvious.

I LOVE watching you squirm!  You would say anything to defend one of your pathetic positions :)

Keep it up George.  You kill me :)

17. This post has been removed.