MEMO TO THEO & TITO, JUST A HEADS-UP HERE......

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bill-806. Show Bill-806's posts

MEMO TO THEO & TITO, JUST A HEADS-UP HERE......

RED SOX NEED TO WIN THE NEXT 5 IN A ROW..... THE YANK$ ARE NOT GOING AWAY, WE NEED TO DO IT OURSELVES AND TAKE CARE THE INDIANS NEXT 2 AND THE WEEKEND WITH THE "DREADED YANK$"  !!!!

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Alibiike. Show Alibiike's posts

Re: MEMO TO THEO & TITO, JUST A HEADS-UP HERE......

Tito did not do a good job with the pitching match-ups. Lackey against CC? Should have been Lester.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from LloydDobler. Show LloydDobler's posts

Wow, glad you brought that to their attention.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from law2009a. Show law2009a's posts

m

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from law2009a. Show law2009a's posts

m

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bill-806. Show Bill-806's posts

LOOKING GOOD SO FAR !!!   THAT A BOY JACOBY, SOFTLAW LOVES YOU !!!!Laughing

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from DCSoxFan13. Show DCSoxFan13's posts

In Response to Re: MEMO TO THEO & TITO, JUST A HEADS-UP HERE......:
    [QUOTE]Tito did not do a good job with the pitching match-ups. Lackey against CC? Should have been Lester.
    Posted by Alibiike[/QUOTE]

If I remember correctly the last time you complained about setting up the rotation you missed the mark.  The rotation was already tweaked so Lester would pitch against the Yanks instead of Bedard (which was a smart move).  I don't see any reason to slip Lester another day (he'll already be pitching on 5 days rest).  I would argue that you manage the rotation for the long haul and the health of the pitchers and that you worry about matchups in the playoffs (unless of course you are battling during the last few days to make the playoffs).

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from law2009a. Show law2009a's posts

m

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from SpacemanEephus. Show SpacemanEephus's posts

To take it a step further Bill:  THE SOX NEED TO WIN THE DIVISION, OR ELSE THE YANKS WILL.  Someone better tell Theo and Tito.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from newenglanderinexile. Show newenglanderinexile's posts

[QUOTE]Tito did not do a good job with the pitching match-ups. Lackey against CC? Should have been Lester.

Why not give Lester a start against a lesser pitcher?  Sabathia is a pretty good bet to win every game he pitches.  You could lose two games instead of one by having Lester pitch against him.  Trust the professionals. 

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from attic-dan. Show attic-dan's posts

[QUOTE]To take it a step further Bill:  THE SOX NEED TO WIN THE DIVISION, OR ELSE THE YANKS WILL.  Someone better tell Theo and Tito.
    Posted by SpacemanEephus[/QUOTE]

The Sox don't need to win division, what they need is a healthy and rested pitching staff going into post season.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from SpacemanEephus. Show SpacemanEephus's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: MEMO TO THEO & TITO, JUST A HEADS-UP HERE...... :    The Sox don't need to win division, what they need is a healthy and rested pitching staff going into post season.
    Posted by attic-dan[/QUOTE]
     thanks a-dan.  I was actually just having fun with bill with a little 806-logic extraploation.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from attic-dan. Show attic-dan's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: MEMO TO THEO & TITO, JUST A HEADS-UP HERE...... :  thanks a-dan.  I was actually just having fun with bill with a little 806-logic extraploation.
    Posted by SpacemanEephus[/QUOTE]

I just try to be an island of sanity, in this sea of madness.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Alibiike. Show Alibiike's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: MEMO TO THEO & TITO, JUST A HEADS-UP HERE...... : If I remember correctly the last time you complained about setting up the rotation you missed the mark.  The rotation was already tweaked so Lester would pitch against the Yanks instead of Bedard (which was a smart move).  I don't see any reason to slip Lester another day (he'll already be pitching on 5 days rest).  I would argue that you manage the rotation for the long haul and the health of the pitchers and that you worry about matchups in the playoffs (unless of course you are battling during the last few days to make the playoffs).
    Posted by DCSoxFan13[/QUOTE]

IMO, this is a pivotal series. Lackey up against Garcia would be better. By throwing him against CC, we are essentially giving it away.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from BOSOX1941. Show BOSOX1941's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: MEMO TO THEO & TITO, JUST A HEADS-UP HERE...... : IMO, this is a pivotal series. Lackey up against Garcia would be better. By throwing him against CC, we are essentially giving it away.

"we are essentially giving it away."  You're missing the point, Terry is looking at the long haul, not the current game. He and his minions are of the belief that it's not smart to try to win every game.
     It has to have an adverse affect on the players, when the manager gives up on the game before it starts. Now there's some positive incentive.
    Sometimes during the season, the Francona Factor happens before the game even starts.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hfxsoxnut. Show Hfxsoxnut's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: MEMO TO THEO & TITO, JUST A HEADS-UP HERE...... : "we are essentially giving it away."  You're missing the point, Terry is looking at the long haul, not the current game. He and his minions are of the belief that it's not smart to try to win every game.  It has to have an adverse affect on the players, when the manager gives up on the game before it starts. Now there's some positive incentive. Sometimes during the season, the Francona Factor happens before the game even starts.
    Posted by BOSOX1941[/QUOTE]

The Yankees have the edge on paper in that game.  And we have the edge on paper in the other two games.  But I'm sure a baseball genius like yourself could have set it up so that we'd have the edge in every game.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bill-806. Show Bill-806's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: MEMO TO THEO & TITO, JUST A HEADS-UP HERE...... :  thanks a-dan.  I was actually just having fun with bill with a little 806-logic extraploation.
    Posted by SpacemanEephus[/QUOTE] MY LOGIC IS FINE....THE FACT THAT WE ARE NOW SHARING 1ST PLACE WITH THE YANK$ TODAY, BOTHERS ME DEEPLY, VERY DEEPLY !!!!

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from BurritoT. Show BurritoT's posts

me 2

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from SpacemanEephus. Show SpacemanEephus's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: MEMO TO THEO & TITO, JUST A HEADS-UP HERE...... : MY LOGIC IS FINE....THE FACT THAT WE ARE NOW SHARING 1ST PLACE WITH THE YANK$ TODAY, BOTHERS ME DEEPLY, VERY DEEPLY !!!!
    Posted by Bill-806[/QUOTE]

It would bother me too Bill, if it wasn't exactly how it should be in August.  Yankees/Red Sox slugging it out.  Nerve-wracking??  Check.  But my nerves are finely attuned to this feeling.  In fact they thrive on it.  Did you expect the Sox to run away with the AL East?  

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from ALaGatorAL. Show ALaGatorAL's posts

I don't think anybody expected the Sox to have such a difficult time with the "Weak" Central Division... If they solved that division, as they have solved the "Strongest" Division in Baseball then Yes, The Sox would have run away with the Division by now !!

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from RedSoxKimmi. Show RedSoxKimmi's posts

"The Yankees have the edge on paper in that game.  And we have the edge on paper in the other two games."

Yup, switching the rotations would either give the Yankees the edge in 2 of the games or at the very least make the pitching matchup a wash.  Not that the edge on paper guarantees anything, but I prefer to have the edge in 2 of the games and hope for the best in the 3rd.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from DCSoxFan13. Show DCSoxFan13's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: MEMO TO THEO & TITO, JUST A HEADS-UP HERE...... : "we are essentially giving it away."  You're missing the point, Terry is looking at the long haul, not the current game. He and his minions are of the belief that it's not smart to try to win every game.  It has to have an adverse affect on the players, when the manager gives up on the game before it starts. Now there's some positive incentive. Sometimes during the season, the Francona Factor happens before the game even starts.
    Posted by BOSOX1941[/QUOTE]

No one said anything about not trying to win every game...of course you try and win every game.  My point was you manage the rotation and the bullpen to maximize success over a 162 game schedule.  Sometimes that means you don't have the best match up with regard to the starters...sometimes that means that Bard or Papelbon is unavailable in a close game.  That is the reality of a 162 game schedule.  Personally, I think we have the pitching edge in 2 of 3 matchups this weekend.   

Of course if you guys were managing the Yankees I'm sure you would rework their rotation so Sabathia could pitch against Beckett or Lester...correct?

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from brdbreu. Show brdbreu's posts

[QUOTE] I don't think anybody expected the Sox to have such a difficult time with the "Weak" Central Division... If they solved that division, as they have solved the "Strongest" Division in Baseball then Yes, The Sox would have run away with the Division by now !!
    Posted by ALaGatorAL[/QUOTE]

cant be denied al. you're right. (though run away is a little strong. be far in the lead i would say).

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from johnnyboy9. Show johnnyboy9's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: MEMO TO THEO & TITO, JUST A HEADS-UP HERE...... :    The Sox don't need to win division, what they need is a healthy and rested pitching staff going into post season.
    Posted by attic-dan[/QUOTE]

you're wrong as usual. you need to make the playoffs.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from johnnyboy9. Show johnnyboy9's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: MEMO TO THEO & TITO, JUST A HEADS-UP HERE...... : MY LOGIC IS FINE....THE FACT THAT WE ARE NOW SHARING 1ST PLACE WITH THE YANK$ TODAY, BOTHERS ME DEEPLY, VERY DEEPLY !!!!
    Posted by Bill-806[/QUOTE]

you must feel better today.