MEMO TO THEO & TITO, JUST A HEADS-UP HERE......

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from johnnyboy9. Show johnnyboy9's posts

Re: MEMO TO THEO & TITO, JUST A HEADS-UP HERE......

In Response to Re: MEMO TO THEO & TITO, JUST A HEADS-UP HERE......:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: MEMO TO THEO & TITO, JUST A HEADS-UP HERE...... : The Yankees have the edge on paper in that game.  And we have the edge on paper in the other two games.  But I'm sure a baseball genius like yourself could have set it up so that we'd have the edge in every game.  
    Posted by Hfxsoxnut[/QUOTE]

second place teams have no edge. it's not on paper, it's in your heads.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from tetonman50. Show tetonman50's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: MEMO TO THEO & TITO, JUST A HEADS-UP HERE...... : No one said anything about not trying to win every game...of course you try and win every game.  My point was you manage the rotation and the bullpen to maximize success over a 162 game schedule.  Sometimes that means you don't have the best match up with regard to the starters...sometimes that means that Bard or Papelbon is unavailable in a close game.  That is the reality of a 162 game schedule.  Personally, I think we have the pitching edge in 2 of 3 matchups this weekend.    Of course if you guys were managing the Yankees I'm sure you would rework their rotation so Sabathia could pitch against Beckett or Lester...correct?  
    Posted by DCSoxFan13[/QUOTE]

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from tetonman50. Show tetonman50's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: MEMO TO THEO & TITO, JUST A HEADS-UP HERE...... : No one said anything about not trying to win every game...of course you try and win every game.  My point was you manage the rotation and the bullpen to maximize success over a 162 game schedule.  Sometimes that means you don't have the best match up with regard to the starters...sometimes that means that Bard or Papelbon is unavailable in a close game.  That is the reality of a 162 game schedule.  Personally, I think we have the pitching edge in 2 of 3 matchups this weekend.    Of course if you guys were managing the Yankees I'm sure you would rework their rotation so Sabathia could pitch against Beckett or Lester...correct?  
    Posted by DCSoxFan13[/QUOTE]

The problem all these Francona trashers, and arm chair managers have, is refusing accepting the fact that he has done a pretty decent job of managing a team down half it's starting pitching staff.  And while I am at it thank God for Wakefield or we now would be batteling TB for a play off spot.
        If there is any blame I place on Francona it's in questioning why is this outstanding line up so damn inconsistent?  Man if we are down a run after the 5th inning the game is over!!!!!!! Will we ever learn how to manufacture a tying run like the Yankees do so often?
        But sadly at this point he can do whatever any of these "managers" think he should do, the end results will be the same. The Yankees are just clearly better then us virtually in every way. As a life long Sox fan I don't like it, but it's just the way it is.  I am sure to some Francona haters a couple of Yankee starters who were pick up off the trash heap having great years is Francona's fault too.