MEMO TO THEO & TITO.... TIME TO PLUG JOSH REDDICK IN.......

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bill-806. Show Bill-806's posts

MEMO TO THEO & TITO.... TIME TO PLUG JOSH REDDICK IN.......

AND LEAVE HIM THERE......... J D IS WEARING THIN ON MY BASEBALL EYES !!   WHAT SAY YOU ?????

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from jsydla. Show jsydla's posts

Re: MEMO TO THEO & TITO.... TIME TO PLUG JOSH REDDICK IN.......

Agreed.  JD needs to be bought out.  I can't stand watching him twirl around at the plate anymore.  

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bill-806. Show Bill-806's posts

JUST GOES TO SHOW, PAYING BIG $$$$ FOR PAST EXPERIENCE IS FOOLS GOLD......  IE:  J D DREW, LACKEY, CRAWFORD, BECKETT ..... GROW YOUR OWN OR PUT TRADES TOGETHER THAT MAKE SENSE !!!!  WHAT SAY YOU ???

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from ADG. Show ADG's posts

Completely agree. He should be in there against lefties. I'm not sure why Tito continues to put in DMac and Cameron against lefties, when they are both hitting sub .160. Maybe he's trying to prove a point to Theo to get rid of those guys.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from BurritoT. Show BurritoT's posts

I agree that a straight platoon should be put into effect now, as in today.  No reason not to do it.  Let us start to see who can help us come October and 2012. 

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from JB-3. Show JB-3's posts

In Response to Re: MEMO TO THEO & TITO.... TIME TO PLUG JOSH REDDICK IN.......:
    [QUOTE]I agree that a straight platoon should be put into effect now, as in today.  No reason not to do it.  Let us start to see who can help us come October and 2012. 
    Posted by BurritoT[/QUOTE]

How is that agreeing?  Bill is calling for a full time job and you're saying it should be part time.  Reddick is being eased in against RHP and will eventually face LHP once he has demonstrated his hitting ability at the MLB level for a sustained period of time.  

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from BurritoT. Show BurritoT's posts

key wording "I agree that" I did not see I "agree with that"... anyhow thanks for pointing out nothing.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from JB-3. Show JB-3's posts

[QUOTE]key wording "I agree that " I did not see I "agree with that"... anyhow thanks for pointing out nothing.
    Posted by BurritoT[/QUOTE]

To "agree" with something that had not been proposed is not agreeing.  It's putting your own thought out there, which is fine and highly encouraged, but certainly isn't agreeing.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from tomnev. Show tomnev's posts

You cant have Reddick in a platoon situation....with who?.....he and Drew are both lefties....and to platoon with DMac and Cameron doesnt really solve the issue that they both have been horrible. I say play Reddick everyday....lets see what we have....he plays great defense....in his Major league career, he has been given 14 AB's vs lefties and he has 5 hits....so lets see what would happen full time...he may not work out, but we wont know until we try and could he really do worse than what Drew is doing this year?

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hfxsoxnut. Show Hfxsoxnut's posts

I say leave it in the hands of the professionals.  They will figure all this out by the trade deadline.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from southpaw777. Show southpaw777's posts

I think the Sox are going to be looking for a RHB off the bench..Unfortunatrly Cam and Mac are liabilities at this point IMO..Reddick, so far, deserves more playing time..

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from soxmeister. Show soxmeister's posts

Agreed, JR does deserve more playing time, he looked real good in the field too.  

In the big picture, the Sox need a RH bat with power to patrol RF.  It would really put this team over the top offensively.  

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxu571. Show redsoxu571's posts

[QUOTE]JUST GOES TO SHOW, PAYING BIG $$$$ FOR PAST EXPERIENCE IS FOOLS GOLD......  IE:  J D DREW, LACKEY, CRAWFORD, BECKETT ..... GROW YOUR OWN OR PUT TRADES TOGETHER THAT MAKE SENSE !!!!  WHAT SAY YOU ???
    Posted by Bill-806[/QUOTE]

Cause Beckett has been a major piece of "fool's gold" this year, right? He also wasn't traded for...

With Beckett, we traded for an ace, he carried us to a WS title, and although he's inconsistent he's still a guy you don't mind seeing every fifth day...and when he's on, he can be a Cy Young pitcher. Seems good to me. And what, should the Sox have let him go instead of signing him to an extension? If you want a deep rotation, he's the kind of pitcher you have to be willing to overpay for.

It would have been far better to do exactly what we did with Beckett and never bother with Lackey...who I knew was declining even before he signed with the Sox.

As for Crawford...he isn't fool's gold if his skills keep up over the length of his contract, and the Sox made it very clear they expect Crawford to hold up during that period. Don't let his bad start tarnish him forever.

14. This post has been removed.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Alibiike. Show Alibiike's posts

Reddick is swinging a hot bat. Keep in the starting line-up everyday until he cools off.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bill-806. Show Bill-806's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: MEMO TO THEO & TITO.... TIME TO PLUG JOSH REDDICK IN....... : Cause Beckett has been a major piece of "fool's gold" this year, right? He also wasn't traded for... With Beckett, we traded for an ace, he carried us to a WS title, and although he's inconsistent he's still a guy you don't mind seeing every fifth day...and when he's on, he can be a Cy Young pitcher. Seems good to me. And what, should the Sox have let him go instead of signing him to an extension? If you want a deep rotation, he's the kind of pitcher you have to be willing to overpay for. It would have been far better to do exactly what we did with Beckett and never bother with Lackey...who I knew was declining even before he signed with the Sox. As for Crawford...he isn't fool's gold if his skills keep up over the length of his contract, and the Sox made it very clear they expect Crawford to hold up during that period. Don't let his bad start tarnish him forever.
    Posted by redsoxu571[/QUOTE]  YES, BECKETT IS HAVING A GOOD YEAR TO DATE.  HOWEVER, THAT WAS A RISKY CONTRACT THAT WE/THEO GAVE HIM LAST YEAR.......  HE IS A BAD BACK AWAY FROM PERFORMING LIKE HE/WE THINK HE SHOULD......  IM JUST SAYING THAT ALL THESE STARS HAVE "SHELF LIFE" AND TO PAY THEM BIG $$$$ ON THE BACK END IS DANGEROUS AT BEST, AND BAD FOR THE GAME OVERALL.....

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from JimfromFlorida. Show JimfromFlorida's posts

If I were the GM right now I'd DFA both Cameron and Drew. Keep Reddick and bring up Hassan from Portland or Lin from Pawtucket. I'd then platoon these guys. We know what Reddick can do.  Lin and / or Hassanbut can not be worse than either Cam or Drew. Or let Mac play RF more.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from JB-3. Show JB-3's posts

[QUOTE]If I were the GM right now I'd DFA both Cameron and Drew. Keep Reddick and bring up Hassan from Portland or Lin from Pawtucket. I'd then platoon these guys. We know what Reddick can do.  Lin and / or Hassanbut can not be worse than either Cam or Drew. Or let Mac play RF more.
    Posted by JimfromFlorida[/QUOTE]

How exactly do we "know" what Reddick can do?  Because of his 22 AB's at the MLB level this year, or are you talking about his 62 AB's in 2010?  Maybe his 59 AB's in 2009?  We haven't had an extending look at Reddick at the MLB level yet.

Lin is on the DL, so good luck calling him up.  This is Hassan's first stretch in AA, as promising as he has looked, you don't want to rush the kid to the bigs, though if he keeps performing he could get a cup of coffee as early as September, although more likely in 2012.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from betterredthandead. Show betterredthandead's posts

Nice to have so many young lefty OF talents. Bellsbury's days are numbered, as he avoids walls and counts the days until FA.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from BurritoT. Show BurritoT's posts

JB-3 I fully agree with agreeing that I agree with everything I agree with. Agree?

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxpride34. Show redsoxpride34's posts

i agree reddick needs to start everyday and that includes starting against lefties. Enough with dmac and cam. They are so bad its not even funny. dmac is hitting like .110 and cam is hitting like .130. We are never going to know what we have in reddick unless we give him a chance to play everyday. Now is the perfect time. Crawford is on the DL so there is a spot for him. Once crawford comes back, dmac should be sent down or better yet released and drew should take a seat on the bench with cameron. 

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bill-806. Show Bill-806's posts

[QUOTE]i agree reddick needs to start everyday and that includes starting against lefties. Enough with dmac and cam. They are so bad its not even funny. dmac is hitting like .110 and cam is hitting like .130. We are never going to know what we have in reddick unless we give him a chance to play everyday. Now is the perfect time. Crawford is on the DL so there is a spot for him. Once crawford comes back, dmac should be sent down or better yet released and drew should take a seat on the bench with cameron. 
    Posted by redsoxpride34[/QUOTE]  WE HAVE A  B I N G O , HERE !!!

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from maxbialystock. Show maxbialystock's posts

Another gratuitous attack on Ellsbury by our scofflawbetterdead guy.  Right now, Ellsbury is looking a lot like the guy the Sox brought up in 2007, the guy who replaced Coco Crisp in CF in the playoffs.  2008 was a slight letdown, in part because Ellsbury was playing all three outfield positions, but 2009 was just fine--he led the Majors in SB's and the team in hits and hit .300.  Last year was a disaster not of his making, and only scofflaw disagrees about that. 

Ellsbury is the best leadoff hitter in the AL this year and still under the "control" of the Sox for another year.  He has the best assists/error ratio of all AL outfielders, 5 to 0.  And he has the smarts and kinetic awareness not to go crashing into a dangerous wall and taking himself out for the season. 

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bill-806. Show Bill-806's posts

[QUOTE]Another gratuitous attack on Ellsbury by our scofflawbetterdead guy.  Right now, Ellsbury is looking a lot like the guy the Sox brought up in 2007, the guy who replaced Coco Crisp in CF in the playoffs.  2008 was a slight letdown, in part because Ellsbury was playing all three outfield positions, but 2009 was just fine--he led the Majors in SB's and the team in hits and hit .300.  Last year was a disaster not of his making, and only scofflaw disagrees about that.  Ellsbury is the best leadoff hitter in the AL this year and still under the "control" of the Sox for another year.  He has the best assists/error ratio of all AL outfielders, 5 to 0.  And he has the smarts and kinetic awareness not to go crashing into a dangerous wall and taking himself out for the season. 
    Posted by maxbialystock[/QUOTE]   I AND 99 % OF THE BOARD AGREES !!!

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from drpjn. Show drpjn's posts

Wow, some of these posts are unbelievable!

I think Reddick has earned more playing time, to be capably defined by Theo and Tito.

I think Cameron and McDonald should be moved and replaced by a more thunderous RH bat (and there are some available).

Drew is in his last year and if you read Peter Abraham yesterday, his performance compares favorable to other RF's since contract inception.

OTHER MAJOR FACTOR:  Both Cameron's and Drew's conracts are major stumbling blocks to moving them, however.