Memo to Tito and Theo: How about teaching these millioniares how to run the bases better than a little league level

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from piersall. Show piersall's posts

Re: Memo to Tito and Theo: How about teaching these millioniares how to run the bases better than a little league level

In Response to Re: Memo to Tito and Theo: How about teaching these millioniares how to run the bases better than a little league level:
    [QUOTE]These type of things should be worked out in ST. It is becoming more clear each day this team was totally un prepared for the season. It is easy to blame it all on the players but it is up to the coaching staff to have the bugs worked out. This is just one of the reasons I have said francona is a terrible manager. He should have been let go after the way he ran the team last season. Even with the injuries they were in a PS run until he made horrible decisions with the pitching staff cost the sox enough games to eliminate them from the PS. Even with all this people are backing this managers decisions, but what they are finding is they don't really have a base for their arguements.

Some of them seeing the foolishness of trying to defend these lame moves they are saying we are leaving. Why they are leaving is there base to defend francona is made out of straw. So instead of facing the people who are right they coward out and leave.  Glad you are on board about francoma leaving more of us each day are taking a stand. In Response to Memo to Tito and Theo: How about teaching these millioniares how to run the bases better than a little league level :
    Posted by REDSOX-11[/QUOTE]

We dumb fans aside, do you have a theory on why the experts would vote Tito
     4th (of 14)  for Mgr of the year?????

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from REDSOX-11. Show REDSOX-11's posts

Re: Memo to Tito and Theo: How about teaching these millioniares how to run the bases better than a little league level

Oh I know what it is: His tactical decisions and the performance of his team. You are correct 4th sounds about right with a WS team and last place in the standings. 

After thinking it over I think your are right that makes perfect sense in this world.  

In Response to Re: Memo to Tito and Theo: How about teaching these millioniares how to run the bases better than a little league level:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Memo to Tito and Theo: How about teaching these millioniares how to run the bases better than a little league level : We dumb fans aside, do you have a theory on why the experts would vote Tito  4th (of 14)  for Mgr of the year?????
    Posted by piersall[/QUOTE]

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Joebreidey. Show Joebreidey's posts

More silliness.

From what I read, Bogar put the stop sign on late.  Maybe Scutaro saw it too late.

On Cameron, the throw hits the ump.  So Tito is going to teach runners to wait to see if the throw is going to hit the ump?

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from piersall. Show piersall's posts

[QUOTE]Oh I know what it is: His tactical decisions and the performance of his team. You are correct 4th sounds about right with a WS team and last place in the standings.   After thinking it over I think your are right that makes perfect sense in this world.   In Response to Re: Memo to Tito and Theo: How about teaching these millioniares how to run the bases better than a little league level :

Finally, an answer! (I think)   I admit, being evaluated by the experts as being in the top 28% of your peers is far from perfect,  but  it's respectable, and a far step  from the picture you attempt to create with your negative pablum.  I finally got a response, such as it is.  You will no longer be harassed by me. After the period at the end of this sentence, you have the distinction of being the second on my ignore list.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from BaseballGM. Show BaseballGM's posts

Scutaro was flat footed coming off of first and had all day to take off and still get back if a gust of wind blew the ball back in play. He then took a terrible angle around 3rd like some little league kid.

Cameron was already in scoring position and had no business breaking, he was out easily.

Ellsbury blundered the other night.

These millionaires need a dressing down and early morning baserunning clinic, and have the club lawyer notified of any MLBPA frivolous complaint about it.

Henry needs to let Tito and Theo have it on allowing management to have a team that runs the bases like that. It's a disgrace.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from REDSOX-11. Show REDSOX-11's posts

Well darn it all you won't even be able to read my response and I doubt I will sleep tonight knowing you will have me on "ignore" but oh well others can read it.

Once again, What experts? YOU?

When was the " VOTE"?

Oh and since Mr francona is such a wonderful manager, how many times did he win the award?

When you are asked tough questions you really can't answer I guess putting the person asking them on "Ignore" is the correct thing to do!

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Memo to Tito and Theo: How about teaching these millioniares how to run the bases better than a little league level : Finally, an answer! (I think)   I admit, being evaluated by the experts as being in the top 28% of your peers is far from perfect,  but  it's respectable, and a far step  from the picture you attempt to create with your negative pablum.  I finally got a response, such as it is.  You will no longer be harassed by me. After the period at the end of this sentence, you have the distinction of being the second on my ignore list.
    Posted by piersall[/QUOTE]

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Guvnor. Show Guvnor's posts

there was another running mistake when scut was thrown out at home, on top of the 2 already mentioned (scut slow to take off, and shouldnt have tried to go home) , that being youk should have kept running from 2nd as soon as scut was heading home...aybar had to throw home, and youk had loads of time to get to third, which would have won the game when mac had that 2 out infield hit

3 elementary base running errors in one play, its almost beyond belief at this level.....cost the game and had knock on impact to todays total shambles of a performance

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from LloydDobler. Show LloydDobler's posts

[QUOTE]Well darn it all you won't even be able to read my response and I doubt I will sleep tonight knowing you will have me on "ignore" but oh well others can read it. Once again, What experts? YOU? When was the " VOTE"? Oh and since Mr francona is such a wonderful manager, how many times did he win the award? When you are asked tough questions you really can't answer I guess putting the person asking them on "Ignore" is the correct thing to do! In Response to Re: Memo to Tito and Theo: How about teaching these millioniares how to run the bases better than a little league level :

1. Baseball Writers Association of America. These are the men and women who are paid to follow baseball all season, day in and day out. There's about 700 of them.
    2. Last year.
    3. You do realize voting reflects ONLY the regular season, right?

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from harness. Show harness's posts

Anybody who has ever actually played this games knows that runners get caught up in the moment. Given the conditions and the availability of BP arms, the team took risks that could have gone either way.

The relay throw to nail Scut was flawless. A lesser throw and it's close. This doesn't excuse Bogar's retention as 3rd base coach this year, or Scutaro's assumption that the Youk blast was headed for Landsdown ST.

But when critiquing one facet of the game, other elements must also be considered.