1. This post has been removed.

2. This post has been removed.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from southpaw777. Show southpaw777's posts

Re: Memo to

What part of, you cant trade Drew until mid June, dont you understand Bill??? Or do you just like to act as if you dont know or understand anything?

Also, please enlighten us to what kind of return you would be looking for? Dont say thats not your job, because its not your job to order a trade either, obvioyusly because your not even aware of all the rules involved... If your going to suggest a trade at least tell us what your looking to get for them. No names, just the quality of player and return. example: I would like to get back at least an A prospect OF'er for Doubront.

I think that should be clear enough to understand.How about ya give it a go?

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Joebreidey. Show Joebreidey's posts

Drew has a .963 over his last 7 games, you nimrod.

Drew has 8 RBIs over his last 7 games.

Iglesias, whom I like, has 3 career RBIs.

Honestly Bill, you need to talk to someone about your crying need for attention.

5. This post has been removed.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from southpaw777. Show southpaw777's posts

In response to Bill-806's comment:

In response to southpaw777's comment:

What part of, you cant trade Drew until mid June, dont you understand Bill??? Or do you just like to act as if you dont know or understand anything?

Also, please enlighten us to what kind of return you would be looking for? Dont say thats not your job, because its not your job to order a trade either, obvioyusly because your not even aware of all the rules involved... If your going to suggest a trade at least tell us what your looking to get for them. No names, just the quality of player and return. example: I would like to get back at least an A prospect OF'er for Doubront.

OK, OK,   "LET ME BE CLEAR",  In talking with Ben the other day over lunch, we both agreed on a few things...........  1/ Salty, is not what Theo thought he was/is, tough to watch behind the plate, base steelers, and strikes out more than he should..... 2/Doubront has had his problems and we have better at 3-A in Webster & the other guy from the Dodgers...... 3/ACEVES, enough said.............. 4/ Yes, can't move Drew till JUNE........   Now then, this group should beable to bring back some top prospects to feed the farm........  IGGY & Lavarnway come back to the big club !!!!  Again, what say you oh wise one ???

Drews not an option, nor should he be. He OPS over the last week or 2 is great. Hes a better option than Iggy.

I agree Doubie could bring something back, but I wouldnt give up on him just yet. Neither would any competent GM.

Now, with Drew and Doubie out of trade talks for the immediate future, just for shtz and giggles, what kind of "top prospects" would a 30yr old reliever with attitude issues and, as you say, a catcher who is tough to watch behind the plate, could we get?

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from MadMc44. Show MadMc44's posts

Actually, not that I'm in favor of trading anyone right now, the FA signees can be traded prior to June with their permission.

If Boggie were ready it would be an interesting experiment to bring him up for a week to see what he 's got. We already know what we have in Iggy and Ciriaco, and Drew is just beginning to come around. I like what I see from Drew, especially in the field and he has a calmness in the box that I like.

At some point BenC is going to have to make some changes. I could see:

1. Wilson sent down and Rubby promoted until Webster makes a start next week in Doubie's place.

2. If Bailey is going to be ailing perhaps give Chris Martin from the Sea Dogs a shot in relief. He has pitched over 17 inn. of 0.00 ERA.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from notin. Show notin's posts

1-800-move-them........... Salty, Doubront, Aceves,Drew......... What say you ??

With noting back?

The object of trades is to improve the team, not to get rid of unpopular players on first place teams...

9. This post has been removed.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from southpaw777. Show southpaw777's posts

In response to MadMc44's comment:

Actually, not that I'm in favor of trading anyone right now, the FA signees can be traded prior to June with their permission.

If Boggie were ready it would be an interesting experiment to bring him up for a week to see what he 's got. We already know what we have in Iggy and Ciriaco, and Drew is just beginning to come around. I like what I see from Drew, especially in the field and he has a calmness in the box that I like.

At some point BenC is going to have to make some changes. I could see:

1. Wilson sent down and Rubby promoted until Webster makes a start next week in Doubie's place.

2. If Bailey is going to be ailing perhaps give Chris Martin from the Sea Dogs a shot in relief. He has pitched over 17 inn. of 0.00 ERA.

I would bring up Martin instead of RDLR, if I had to, since they have RDLR on a strict schedule this year (returning from TJS) and I wouldnt want to mess with it. It makes more sense anyway. A bullpen arm for another bullpen arm.

Your right though, Martin has looked great this year.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from notin. Show notin's posts

OK, OK,   "LET ME BE CLEAR",  In talking with Ben the other day over lunch, we both agreed on a few things...........  1/ Salty, is not what Theo thought he was/is, tough to watch behind the plate, base steelers, and strikes out more than he should..... 2/Doubront has had his problems and we have better at 3-A in Webster & the other guy from the Dodgers...... 3/ACEVES, enough said.............. 4/ Yes, can't move Drew till JUNE........   Now then, this group should beable to bring back some top prospects to feed the farm........  IGGY & Lavarnway come back to the big club !!!!  Again, what say you oh wise one ???

Drews not an option, nor should he be. He OPS over the last week or 2 is great. Hes a better option than Iggy.

I agree Doubie could bring something back, but I wouldnt give up on him just yet. Neither would any competent GM.

Now, with Drew and Doubie out of trade talks for the immediate future, just for shtz and giggles, what kind of "top prospects" would a 30yr old reliever with attitude issues and, as you say, a catcher who is tough to watch behind the plate, could we get?

The Sox waited out Drew and he is hitting.  The fans did not wait out Iglesias and he colled off.  A lot.

Dealing Doubront "just cause" is flat out stupid.  I have long said Epstein's second worst move even was dealing Arroyo for Pena, just behind the foolish Mirabelli trade with SD.   You do not unload pitching deapth for the sake of it, unless you like losing.

Salty really needs to move to 1B and work on plate discipline, which he used to have.  That 6'5" frame is KILLING his pop up times.  Lavarnway has given no indication he is an improvement, however....

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from southpaw777. Show southpaw777's posts

In response to notin's comment:

The Sox waited out Drew and he is hitting.  The fans did not wait out Iglesias and he colled off.  A lot.

Dealing Doubront "just cause" is flat out stupid.  I have long said Epstein's second worst move even was dealing Arroyo for Pena, just behind the foolish Mirabelli trade with SD.   You do not unload pitching deapth for the sake of it, unless you like losing.

Salty really needs to move to 1B and work on plate discipline, which he used to have.  That 6'5" frame is KILLING his pop up times.  Lavarnway has given no indication he is an improvement, however....

Vasquez, on the other hand, has shown he can handle AA just fine both offensively and without a doubt defensively, which is more than MLB ready. I cant wait for that kid to be calling games in Boston. Reminds me of Yaddy in a lot of ways.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from jimedfred. Show jimedfred's posts

Right on, Mr. Notin.

So many of us drooled over Wily Mo's power we kidded ourselves that Arroyo was superfluos redundance. And then Pena turned out to be Pedro Cerrano without the humor.

Help me out please. Who was G.M. that sent Brady Anderson and Curt Schilling to Baltimore ?  Wasn't it for Mike Boddicker ?

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from southpaw777. Show southpaw777's posts

In response to jimedfred's comment:

Right on, Mr. Notin.

So many of us drooled over Wily Mo's power we kidded ourselves that Arroyo was superfluos redundance. And then Pena turned out to be Pedro Cerrano without the humor.

Help me out please. Who was G.M. that sent Brady Anderson and Curt Schilling to Baltimore ?  Wasn't it for Mike Boddicker ?

Yeah, Theo was certainly "out to lunch" on that deal.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from notin. Show notin's posts

Right on, Mr. Notin.

If you want a prime example of why you do not unload pitching depth just because you have it, look at this year's Dodger team.  In March, they had EIGHT (Kershaw, Greinke, Ryu, Billingsley, Harang, Lilly, Capuano, and Beckett) fighting for 5 rotation spots.   They unloaded Harang for basically nothing, and before April was out, they found themselves needing both Stephen Fife and Matt Magill.

And even now, the Dodgerts already find themselves in need of SP.  They have Greinke, Billinglsey, Capuano, Lilly, and Fife all on the DL while Harang is off in Seattle.  Do they even have 5 SP on their current roster?

Pitching depth is a momentary illusion.  Never deal it just because you like some AAA arm better.  After all, nothing ruins a pitching arm more than pitching...

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from notin. Show notin's posts

Right on, Mr. Notin.

Yeah, Theo was certainly "out to lunch" on that deal.

Lou Gorman, and yes it was for Boddicker.

That deal was no so bad, given how long it took Anderson and Schilling to become productive players.  For all the hype of Anderson as a 50HR sluggers, many forget that in the 4 yers prio to his outburst, he complied one of the worst batting averages in MLB history for a stretch that long.   Most hitters who hit worse than Anderson had been do not last 4 seasons...

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from notin. Show notin's posts

Right on, Mr. Notin.

Also, do not knock Pedro Cerrano, as he went on to be President of the United States (on "24")...

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Kingface12. Show Kingface12's posts

And this Willie is why nobody takes you seriously.  Anybody can say "let's trade these guys....they stink".  But when you're challenged to give details you resort to the same lame joke about talking to Ben and STILL NOT GIVING ANY SUBSTANCE.  "Webster & the OTHER GUY from the Dodgers"??  REALLY BILL??  You don't even know who one of the Sox best prospects is! Salty has struggled behind the plate (I still like his offense though....not bad for #8 hitter and catcher) and Doubie is struggling.  What 'Top ProspectS' (plural) do you actually think the Sox would get in a package for Aveves, Salty and Doubie??????  Nevermind....don't bother...you don't even know who the Sox top prospects are.....

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from nhsteven. Show nhsteven's posts

Doubront IMO is a good looking young pitcher. Maybe he needs to be taken out of the rotation, or perhaps sent to the minors to work things out, but like another poster said, no competent GM would give up on him yet.

While no Aparicio or Ozzie Smith, Drew is a proven big league starting SS, the best they've had in a while.

If the RS don't want Aceves, the NYY would gladly take him back. The man started his career a record setting 24-3. Admittedly, he needs a reboot.

Salty has a good batting eye & power stroke vs Righthanders. Admittedly, that's pretty much it. Yet some fickle fans here kept calling for him to be on the AS team the last 2 yrs. Regardless, he's a good piece to have, and while a stiff defensively, he apparently calls a good game, since the initially suspect SP set a record 17+ consecutive games surrendering 3 runs or less.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Kingface12. Show Kingface12's posts

In response to notin's comment:

Vasquez, on the other hand, has shown he can handle AA just fine both offensively and without a doubt defensively, which is more than MLB ready. I cant wait for that kid to be calling games in Boston. Reminds me of Yaddy in a lot of ways.

I agree.  That kid looks GREAT.  I'm fortunate to have season tickets at Sea Dogs games through my company and when I'm able to go I'm treated to watching this kid.  The guy has great hands and his 'fluid' style reminds me of a catching version of Iggy.  He just 'gets it'....hard to explain.  His offense is coming around too.  I hope he's able to make the jump to the majors next season.  I think he'll have some bumps on the offensive side at first but his defense and game calling can more than make up for those bumps. 

Let me tell you too (a bit off topic).....Boggy is the real deal.  The kid's ceiling is so high.  It's amazing that so many people were all hyping up JBJ but forgetting about a top 5 prospect in all of baseball.  I wonder if the Sox are eventually going to start giving him some starts in LF at AA or AAA since 3B and SS may be taken for a while with WMB and Iggy (if he can start hitting again)?

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Kingface12. Show Kingface12's posts

In response to nhsteven's comment:

Doubront IMO is a good looking young pitcher. Maybe he needs to be taken out of the rotation, or perhaps sent to the minors to work things out, but like another poster said, no competent GM would give up on him yet.

While no Aparicio or Ozzie Smith, Drew is a proven big league starting SS, the best they've had in a while.

If the RS don't want Aceves, the NYY would gladly take him back. The man started his career a record setting 24-3. Admittedly, he needs a reboot.

Salty has a good batting eye & power stroke vs Righthanders. Admittedly, that's pretty much it. Yet some fickle fans here kept calling for him to be on the AS team the last 2 yrs. Regardless, he's a good piece to have.

I agree 100%.  Salty is what he is.....he will not be the second coming of Pudge.  There are not a lot of catchers in the league that has his offensive stats.  His defense though....not stellar!

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from southpaw777. Show southpaw777's posts

In response to nhsteven's comment:

Salty has a good batting eye & power stroke vs Righthanders. Admittedly, that's pretty much it. Yet some fickle fans here kept calling for him to be on the AS team the last 2 yrs. 

Problem with that Steven, is hes out of options and would NEVER make it through waivers. They would have to DL him first and rely on Webster to take a few starts. Im guessing they will have him checked out, and if all seems good, they will see what he looks like next time out and take it from there.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hetchinspete. Show Hetchinspete's posts

Good mornin King, South and Notin, 

There is omething here I just fail to understand You are all smart folks and rabbid Red Sox who whether I agree on your points of view here is not the important issue because I respect all. My point is you all sound frustrated by trying to reason with Bill who will all know constantly presents baseless points of view, silly trade ideas or just rambles on about nothingness. My question is why bother refuting. Put the manboy on IGNORE and forget about him. You'll find it simplifies you life on BDC so you have more time to converse online with others who actually make valid points. 

Just my suggestion. I still read Bill806, Idiots00007, the Great Soft One, etc in parts of your emails occasionally or log off to read their silliness but with the exception of my toying with them with my  wit, however useless that is I don't waste my time reasoning with those who don't have a lick of common sense.

Geo tends to be overly negative sometimes but at least I can reason with him, although we rarely agree on much. Conan's another story all together.

Regards,

The Hetch One   

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from Kingface12. Show Kingface12's posts

In response to Hetchinspete's comment:

Good mornin King, South and Notin, 

There is omething here I just fail to understand You are all smart folks and rabbid Red Sox who whether I agree on your points of view here is not the important issue because I respect all. My point is you all sound frustrated by trying to reason with Bill who will all know constantly presents baseless points of view, silly trade ideas or just rambles on about nothingness. My question is why bother refuting. Put the manboy on IGNORE and forget about him. You'll find it simplifies you life on BDC so you have more time to converse online with others who actually make valid points. 

Just my suggestion. I still read Bill806, Idiots00007, the Great Soft One, etc in parts of your emails occasionally or log off to read their silliness but with the exception of my toying with them with my  wit, however useless that is I don't waste my time reasoning with those who don't have a lick of common sense.

Geo tends to be overly negative sometimes but at least I can reason with him, although we rarely agree on much. Conan's another story all together.

Regards,

The Hetch One   

It's funny you said that Hetch as in all honesty....I've been questioning why I haven't yet done that!  Maybe in a very odd and twisted way I enjoy watching Bill make a fool of himself and Softy be wrong.....again....and again.  Maybe it's because if I put them on ignore that I will somehow think that 'they won'?  Maybe I'm just thinking too much!! HAHA! I don't know....you pose a very good question.  I may consider doing that.....

25. This post has been removed.

Sections
Shortcuts