Memo to "TRADER BEN"......Put that package together ....

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from southpaw777. Show southpaw777's posts

Re: Memo to

In response to Hetchinspete's comment:

Good mornin King, South and Notin, 

There is omething here I just fail to understand You are all smart folks and rabbid Red Sox who whether I agree on your points of view here is not the important issue because I respect all. My point is you all sound frustrated by trying to reason with Bill who will all know constantly presents baseless points of view, silly trade ideas or just rambles on about nothingness. My question is why bother refuting. Put the manboy on IGNORE and forget about him. You'll find it simplifies you life on BDC so you have more time to converse online with others who actually make valid points. 

Just my suggestion. I still read Bill806, Idiots00007, the Great Soft One, etc in parts of your emails occasionally or log off to read their silliness but with the exception of my toying with them with my  wit, however useless that is I don't waste my time reasoning with those who don't have a lick of common sense.

Geo tends to be overly negative sometimes but at least I can reason with him, although we rarely agree on much. Conan's another story all together.

Regards,

The Hetch One   

Hey Hetch,

Not at all the situation. Every once in a while I have actually got Bill to get a little deeper with his baseball discussion. I dont expect it, but its never frustrating to me to every once in a while try.

Guys like Me, King, steven, jimfred, Notin and yourself are able to take a thread like this and spin it into a reasonable realistic view of the situation as well as branch it out to involve other areas like me and king did with Vasquez and the catching situation.

turning a negative into a positive.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from notin. Show notin's posts

There is omething here I just fail to understand You are all smart folks and rabbid Red Sox who whether I agree on your points of view here is not the important issue because I respect all. My point is you all sound frustrated by trying to reason with Bill who will all know constantly presents baseless points of view, silly trade ideas or just rambles on about nothingness. My question is why bother refuting. Put the manboy on IGNORE and forget about him. You'll find it simplifies you life on BDC so you have more time to converse online with others who actually make valid points. 

Just my suggestion. I still read Bill806, Idiots00007, the Great Soft One, etc in parts of your emails occasionally or log off to read their silliness but with the exception of my toying with them with my  wit, however useless that is I don't waste my time reasoning with those who don't have a lick of common sense.

Geo tends to be overly negative sometimes but at least I can reason with him, although we rarely agree on much. Conan's another story all together.

Regards,

The Hetch One   

Mostly due to lack of threads this AM.  No biggie.

3. This post has been removed.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from jimedfred. Show jimedfred's posts

In response to southpaw777's comment:

Regards,

The Hetch One   

Hey Hetch,

Not at all the situation. Every once in a while I have actually got Bill to get a little deeper with his baseball discussion. I dont expect it, but its never frustrating to me to every once in a while try.

Guys like Me, King, steven, jimfred, Notin and yourself are able to take a thread like this and spin it into a reasonable realistic view of the situation as well as branch it out to involve other areas like me and king did with Vasquez and the catching situation.

Apropo (sic ? ) of this, I miss the humorous stuff we used to get going on weekend threads a few years back.

I think we may need more posts from Notin, Zillagod, and Spaceman EEphus ?

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from royf19. Show royf19's posts

I'm still wondering why bill wants Stonehands Iglesias over Drew at SS considering that Iggy has three times as many errors at SS as Drew.

Innocent

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from pumpsie-green. Show pumpsie-green's posts

In response to Kingface12's comment:

In response to nhsteven's comment:

Doubront IMO is a good looking young pitcher. Maybe he needs to be taken out of the rotation, or perhaps sent to the minors to work things out, but like another poster said, no competent GM would give up on him yet.

While no Aparicio or Ozzie Smith, Drew is a proven big league starting SS, the best they've had in a while.

If the RS don't want Aceves, the NYY would gladly take him back. The man started his career a record setting 24-3. Admittedly, he needs a reboot.

Salty has a good batting eye & power stroke vs Righthanders. Admittedly, that's pretty much it. Yet some fickle fans here kept calling for him to be on the AS team the last 2 yrs. Regardless, he's a good piece to have.

I agree 100%.  Salty is what he is.....he will not be the second coming of Pudge.  There are not a lot of catchers in the league that has his offensive stats.  His defense though....not stellar!

Salty now ranks 8th in OPS out of 18 among AL catchers with at least 50 ABs. He ranks 2nd in strikeouts. To me that makes him pretty ordinary offensively, and he is certainly not very good defensively either. We have options in the minors who probably have a higher ceiling than Salty. If this team stops winning I think he should be moved as part of a package for good pitching and 1B prospects.

7. This post has been removed.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bill-806. Show Bill-806's posts

In response to mryazz's comment:

In response to Bill-806's comment:

What part of, you cant trade Drew until mid June, dont you understand Bill??? Or do you just like to act as if you dont know or understand anything?

Also, please enlighten us to what kind of return you would be looking for? Dont say thats not your job, because its not your job to order a trade either, obvioyusly because your not even aware of all the rules involved... If your going to suggest a trade at least tell us what your looking to get for them. No names, just the quality of player and return. example: I would like to get back at least an A prospect OF'er for Doubront.

I think that should be clear enough to understand.How about ya give it a go?

OK, OK,   "LET ME BE CLEAR",  In talking with Ben the other day over lunch, we both agreed on a few things...........  1/ Salty, is not what Theo thought he was/is, tough to watch behind the plate, base steelers, and strikes out more than he should..... 2/Doubront has had his problems and we have better at 3-A in Webster & the other guy from the Dodgers...... 3/ACEVES, enough said.............. 4/ Yes, can't move Drew till JUNE........   Now then, this group should beable to bring back some top prospects to feed the farm........  IGGY & Lavarnway come back to the big club !!!!  Again, what say you oh wise one ???

what say i? well, i say you're not liked by most of the posters here, except for a couple of RUBES who are as mentally challenged as you are. do us all a favor and jump on that ship and sail to a far away island, but please don't bring your computer.

Just for the record.........  I may not be well liked by the likes of you & other  L/L/R/S/ENVIRO/ M B's on this board, but my "threads" usually get a lot of "action"..... And that im sure  BDC just loves !!!!!!

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Kingface12. Show Kingface12's posts

Regards,

The Hetch One   

Hey Hetch,

Great post South. 

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonTrollSpanker. Show BostonTrollSpanker's posts

Trade everyone Bill doesn't like, real good plan. 

Bill you may want to give fantasy sports a try and make your own trades, save us the trouble of the prisoner-of-the-moment brain queefs you run up the flagpole here that is never gonna happen. 

Bill here's a tip: when players are underperforming IT'S VERY DIFFICULT to get any kind of value out of them in a trade. You trade junk, you get junk. 

Better to see if these guys come out of a slump and then you can get more for them in return. 

Glad to help out.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hetchinspete. Show Hetchinspete's posts

Regards,

The Hetch One   

Hey Hetch,

Great post South. 

Hi South, Face and Notin, 

I agree with South to some extent. Yes Bill does occasionally bring up a point but if I took the time go over his many, many posts per day my best guess is that 90% are repetative stuff that I just don't have time or the desire to read, or what I refer to a pointless jibberish. I don't want to waste my time filtering through all to find that one point. I would rather Ignore Bill and the others that in my view are not worth reading or responding to so that I've time to respond to those who I do respect and can actually carry on a decent "online" conversation with even if we don't always agree. 

Bill's latest retort is that he gets a lot of action. That's wonderful for Bill but I'd say the vast majority of responders are those who view Bill and his writings as junk mail. I don't see the point. My view is that Bill probably does know a lot about the game but like a few other just gets his jollies by jostling with us on BDC. 

Again just my perspective on things. 

Cheers, 

Hetch

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Joebreidey. Show Joebreidey's posts

Vasquez, on the other hand, has shown he can handle AA just fine both offensively and without a doubt defensively, which is more than MLB ready. I cant wait for that kid to be calling games in Boston. Reminds me of Yaddy in a lot of ways

Me too.  I want to temper my enthusiasm, but he might be the first true catcher we've developed in a long time.  It'll be interesting to seem him, Iggy, and JBJ up the middle next year.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bill-806. Show Bill-806's posts

Regards,

The Hetch One   

Hey Hetch,

Great post South. 

I agree with South to some extent. Yes Bill does occasionally bring up a point but if I took the time go over his many, many posts per day my best guess is that 90% are repetative stuff that I just don't have time or the desire to read, or what I refer to a pointless jibberish. I don't want to waste my time filtering through all to find that one point. I would rather Ignore Bill and the others that in my view are not worth reading or responding to so that I've time to respond to those who I do respect and can actually carry on a decent "online" conversation with even if we don't always agree. 

Bill's latest retort is that he gets a lot of action. That's wonderful for Bill but I'd say the vast majority of responders are those who view Bill and his writings as junk mail. I don't see the point. My view is that Bill probably does know a lot about the game but like a few other just gets his jollies by jostling with us on BDC. 

Cheers, 

Hetch

So, why do you keep responding ???????

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bill-806. Show Bill-806's posts

In response to BostonTrollSpanker's comment:

Trade everyone Bill doesn't like, real good plan. 

Bill you may want to give fantasy sports a try and make your own trades, save us the trouble of the prisoner-of-the-moment brain queefs you run up the flagpole here that is never gonna happen. 

Bill here's a tip: when players are underperforming IT'S VERY DIFFICULT to get any kind of value out of them in a trade. You trade junk, you get junk. 

Better to see if these guys come out of a slump and then you can get more for them in return. 

Glad to help out.

Don't ya just love how underperforming players (usually with big contracts) always stand in the way of players that should have their day........  IE: Webster, Iggy, Lavarnway and on & on !!!!

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from MustangBri. Show MustangBri's posts

In response to jimedfred's comment:

Right on, Mr. Notin.

So many of us drooled over Wily Mo's power we kidded ourselves that Arroyo was superfluos redundance. And then Pena turned out to be Pedro Cerrano without the humor.

Help me out please. Who was G.M. that sent Brady Anderson and Curt Schilling to Baltimore ?  Wasn't it for Mike Boddicker ?

Yeah, Theo was certainly "out to lunch" on that deal.

That was wayyyy before Theo...   probably Lou Gorman.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from southpaw777. Show southpaw777's posts

In response to MustangBri's comment:

In response to jimedfred's comment:

Right on, Mr. Notin.

So many of us drooled over Wily Mo's power we kidded ourselves that Arroyo was superfluos redundance. And then Pena turned out to be Pedro Cerrano without the humor.

Help me out please. Who was G.M. that sent Brady Anderson and Curt Schilling to Baltimore ?  Wasn't it for Mike Boddicker ?

Yeah, Theo was certainly "out to lunch" on that deal.

That was wayyyy before Theo...   probably Lou Gorman.

was talkin about the wily mo/arroyo deal...

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from MustangBri. Show MustangBri's posts

What part of, you cant trade Drew until mid June, dont you understand Bill??? Or do you just like to act as if you dont know or understand anything?

Also, please enlighten us to what kind of return you would be looking for? Dont say thats not your job, because its not your job to order a trade either, obvioyusly because your not even aware of all the rules involved... If your going to suggest a trade at least tell us what your looking to get for them. No names, just the quality of player and return. example: I would like to get back at least an A prospect OF'er for Doubront.

I think that should be clear enough to understand.How about ya give it a go?

OK, OK,   "LET ME BE CLEAR",  In talking with Ben the other day over lunch, we both agreed on a few things...........  1/ Salty, is not what Theo thought he was/is, tough to watch behind the plate, base steelers, and strikes out more than he should..... 2/Doubront has had his problems and we have better at 3-A in Webster & the other guy from the Dodgers...... 3/ACEVES, enough said.............. 4/ Yes, can't move Drew till JUNE........   Now then, this group should beable to bring back some top prospects to feed the farm........  IGGY & Lavarnway come back to the big club !!!!  Again, what say you oh wise one ???

And this Willie is why nobody takes you seriously.  Anybody can say "let's trade these guys....they stink".  But when you're challenged to give details you resort to the same lame joke about talking to Ben and STILL NOT GIVING ANY SUBSTANCE.  "Webster & the OTHER GUY from the Dodgers"??  REALLY BILL??  You don't even know who one of the Sox best prospects is! Salty has struggled behind the plate (I still like his offense though....not bad for #8 hitter and catcher) and Doubie is struggling.  What 'Top ProspectS' (plural) do you actually think the Sox would get in a package for Aveves, Salty and Doubie??????  Nevermind....don't bother...you don't even know who the Sox top prospects are.....

Billy gets p'owned.... AGAIN!!  Go away Bill with your Dad Says garbage.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from MustangBri. Show MustangBri's posts

Regards,

The Hetch One   

Hey Hetch,

Great post South. 

Cheers, 

Hetch

So, why do you keep responding ???????

Maybe because your posts are like a car accident on the side of the highway... it's hard to look away.  Pathetic.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from royf19. Show royf19's posts

Don't ya just love how underperforming players (usually with big contracts) always stand in the way of players that should have their day........  IE: Webster, Iggy, Lavarnway and on & on !!!!

So who are the players with the big contracts standing in the way of Webster and  Lavarnway?

And you never answered why you want a SS who has three times as many errors as Drew does?

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from ampoule. Show ampoule's posts

What say you?  I say YOU are braindead....pull the plug..stop the ventilator.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

And you never answered why you want a SS who has three times as many errors as Drew does?

Are you implying Drew is a better fielder than Iggy based on errors (poor stat to judge by) over a tiny sample size?

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from youkillus. Show youkillus's posts

In response to moonslav59's comment:

Are you implying Drew is a better fielder than Iggy based on errors (poor stat to judge by) over a tiny sample size?

This is a great point, Moon. Some of us remember the 43 errors Butch Hobson made in 1978. I went back and looked at the game logs, and only about four of those errors cost the Sox a game. So context is everything. Hobson hit .265 30 112 that same year and at age 25 looked like he had a promising future ahead of him. (Shades of Middlebrooks?) He was out of the game at 30.

When I watch Drew, it's hard to find a play that IWM (Iggy Would Make), that Drew didn't. It seems as if almost every ball is hit right at him, is this luck or just great positioning? How is your IWM file anyways?

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bill-806. Show Bill-806's posts

In response to youkillus's comment:

This is a great point, Moon. Some of us remember the 43 errors Butch Hobson made in 1978. I went back and looked at the game logs, and only about four of those errors cost the Sox a game. So context is everything. Hobson hit .265 30 112 that same year and at age 25 looked like he had a promising future ahead of him. (Shades of Middlebrooks?) He was out of the game at 30.

When I watch Drew, it's hard to find a play that IWM (Iggy Would Make), that Drew didn't. It seems as if almost every ball is hit right at him, is this luck or just great positioning? How is your IWM file anyways?

B I N G O !!!!   ROY1NINER, please take note !!

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from royf19. Show royf19's posts

Geez moon, give me some credit. I'm just pokin' bill using idiotic logic like bill always does.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from georom4. Show georom4's posts

Trading Drew and his 8 figure contract? can i have what youre smoking???

is Magic johnson still making deals because if not were stuck with his guy

Sections
Shortcuts