Memo to "TRADER BEN"......Put that package together ....

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hfxsoxnut. Show Hfxsoxnut's posts

Re: Memo to

In response to Bill-806's comment:

In response to youkillus's comment:

This is a great point, Moon. Some of us remember the 43 errors Butch Hobson made in 1978. I went back and looked at the game logs, and only about four of those errors cost the Sox a game. So context is everything. Hobson hit .265 30 112 that same year and at age 25 looked like he had a promising future ahead of him. (Shades of Middlebrooks?) He was out of the game at 30.

When I watch Drew, it's hard to find a play that IWM (Iggy Would Make), that Drew didn't. It seems as if almost every ball is hit right at him, is this luck or just great positioning? How is your IWM file anyways?

B I N G O !!!!   ROY1NINER, please take note !!

Bill, you do realize that youkillus is saying that Drew is playing good defence, right?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

In response to youkillus' comment:

In response to moonslav59's comment:

And you never answered why you want a SS who has three times as many errors as Drew does?

Are you implying Drew is a better fielder than Iggy based on errors (poor stat to judge by) over a tiny sample size?

This is a great point, Moon. Some of us remember the 43 errors Butch Hobson made in 1978. I went back and looked at the game logs, and only about four of those errors cost the Sox a game. So context is everything. Hobson hit .265 30 112 that same year and at age 25 looked like he had a promising future ahead of him. (Shades of Middlebrooks?) He was out of the game at 30.

When I watch Drew, it's hard to find a play that IWM (Iggy Would Make), that Drew didn't. It seems as if almost every ball is hit right at him, is this luck or just great positioning? How is your IWM file anyways?

Drew has looked better than I expected, but I have seen several plays that I thought Iggy would have made. I'm not going to get into any more artguments about specific plays, but I have counted 6 plays I am sure Iggy would have made and another 5 plays that he may have made. I wouldn't be surprised if the total was around 8.

The positioning arrgument is hard to quantify, but I am not discounting it.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

In response to royf19's comment:

And you never answered why you want a SS who has three times as many errors as Drew does?

Are you implying Drew is a better fielder than Iggy based on errors (poor stat to judge by) over a tiny sample size?

Geez moon, give me some credit. I'm just pokin' bill using idiotic logic like bill always does.

OK, I thought it was strange you said that...

Wink

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from slomag. Show slomag's posts

In response to youkillus' comment:

Drew has looked better than I expected, but I have seen several plays that I thought Iggy would have made. I'm not going to get into any more artguments about specific plays, but I have counted 6 plays I am sure Iggy would have made and another 5 plays that he may have made. I wouldn't be surprised if the total was around 8.

The positioning arrgument is hard to quantify, but I am not discounting it.

Moon, I count 3 errors that Iglesias has made at Pawtucket to 1 for Drew.  If you are going to give Iggy 8 bases for singles he would have prevented, shoulddn't you subtract 4 for throws that led to men on second base?

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from donrd4. Show donrd4's posts

1-800-move-them ........... Salty, Doubront, Aceves,Drew......... What say you ??

If you don't think these guys are any good??? Who would want them for anything that is good. What say you is on something??

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bill-806. Show Bill-806's posts

In response to donrd4's comment:

1-800-move-them ........... Salty, Doubront, Aceves,Drew......... What say you ??

If you don't think these guys are any good??? Who would want them for anything that is good. What say you is on something??

Throw in BARD too, along with a bag of balls......  They all have "some value"..... After the 3 game sweep by Texas, these are positions that need help !!!

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hetchinspete. Show Hetchinspete's posts

Did Bill say something ??

More of his usual Jibberish. Bill what are you going to get for these players you want to trade so badly if in your view they are so bad. NOTHING !!

Hetch

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bill-806. Show Bill-806's posts

In response to Hetchinspete's comment:

Did Bill say something ??

More of his usual Jibberish. Bill what are you going to get for these players you want to trade so badly if in your view they are so bad. NOTHING !!

Hetch

Hetch, why are you responding to me ????  "LET ME BE CLEAR", The players mentioned, all have "some value", get what you can and then bring up Webster, Iggy, and Lavarnway !!!!

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hetchinspete. Show Hetchinspete's posts

I'll un block if you can make sense. 

First why bring up Iggy if he can't hit the side of a barn in Pawtucket. He can field but he'll probably hit under .200 once again and Lavarney couldn't hit MLB pitching before and the scouting reports on his defense aren't exactly very good either. How is Lav an improvement over Salty. Webster I agree deserves a shot but who does he replace ?

If the players you say have some value what or who do you propose we trade for ?

Hetch 

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bill-806. Show Bill-806's posts

In response to Hetchinspete's comment:

I'll un block if you can make sense. 

First why bring up Iggy if he can't hit the side of a barn in Pawtucket. He can field but he'll probably hit under .200 once again and Lavarney couldn't hit MLB pitching before and the scouting reports on his defense aren't exactly very good either. How is Lav an improvement over Salty. Webster I agree deserves a shot but who does he replace ?

Hetch 

1/  Iggy will save the pitching/team at least 3 outs per game, in the Texas series, we gave to many "extra outs"  !!  2/ Lavarnway is a better defensive catcher right now !! And, I like his bat @ Fenway Paaak..... Agree on webster over Doubront !!!

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hetchinspete. Show Hetchinspete's posts

Bill, 

Thank you for being serious and giving me answers instead of quips !!

Iggy might save a run a game but might cost us a run here or there with his inability to hit. I'm concerned that if he comes up to MLB and can't hit the pitching it might ruin his confidence. I'm sure confidence has a lot to do with being able to play at this level. Bards are good example of loss of confidence, at least in my estimation.

As for Lav again all we can go by are scouting reports and all the ones I've read are not very good. I'd rather go with Salty as by all I've read his defense has improved and with Salty at least our pitchers are use to working with him. By bringing up Lav they would have to establish a working relationship with him all over again.

As for Doubrant, he leaves me puzzled but as Sothpaw brought up, he's shown up out of shap two of three years. That doesn't sound good for a young pitcher in only his second full season. I'd give Doub another few start and if he can't hack it put him into the BP for long relief or down to Pawtucket and see what Webster can do. Webster only has his one start and may or may not be ready but it's worth giving him a shot. 

As for your trade proposal what would we get !! I wouldn't expect much except a draft choice, not a high one with a bag of balls thrown in.  

Hetch

12. This post has been removed.

13. This post has been removed.

14. This post has been removed.

Sections
Shortcuts