Memorial Day Weekend

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hammah29r2. Show Hammah29r2's posts

Memorial Day Weekend

Hi guys and gals. I just wanted to get an early jump and wish all of the fans a very happy memorial day this weekend. We all have alot to reflect on this coming monday. Especially me. I will be thinking quite a bit of those who I knew and served with that made the ultimate sacrifice. Also to my dad who I lost 2 years ago. At the tender age of 20 he was sent to europe in 1943 and was a right waist gunner on a B-24 Liberator stationed in england. He will be the first location where I will place an american flag at his gravesite. Also, I'm sure I/we will all be thinking of our brave military all around the world who are away from their loved ones and keeping us all safe as those before them have always done. God bless them all. And God bless the United States of America.

Peace to all!

Hammah

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from devildavid. Show devildavid's posts

Re: Memorial Day Weekend

Today, I stood on the sidewalk in the rain with my co-workers to salute a fallen soldier. Very sad. I am grateful there are brave men and women who are willing to put their lives on the line to ensure our safety and freedom. I can only hope to live my life in such a way as to honor them.

My Dad, a WWII vet, died last April. He exemplified the meaning of the word service.

Always remember those who served and those who paid the ultimate price.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from jete02fan. Show jete02fan's posts

In response to Hammah29r2's comment:

Hi guys and gals. I just wanted to get an early jump and wish all of the fans a very happy memorial day this weekend. We all have alot to reflect on this coming monday. Especially me. I will be thinking quite a bit of those who I knew and served with that made the ultimate sacrifice. Also to my dad who I lost 2 years ago. At the tender age of 20 he was sent to europe in 1943 and was a right waist gunner on a B-24 Liberator stationed in england. He will be the first location where I will place an american flag at his gravesite. Also, I'm sure I/we will all be thinking of our brave military all around the world who are away from their loved ones and keeping us all safe as those before them have always done. God bless them all. And God bless the United States of America.

Peace to all!

Hammah

hey Big D, as always thank you and all on the board who have served..nuf respect Cool

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from ThatWasMe. Show ThatWasMe's posts

My stepfather a WWII vet passed last October, every Memorial day he would visit local cemeteries to place flags on the graves of the vets. All day beginning early in the morning.

He was a very a courageous, honest and hard working man dedicated to his family and community. The outpouring from the local community to mark his passing was immense because of how much of himself he had given over the entire course of his life.

This Memorial day I will pay a visit to his grave to honor his service as he did for so many others.

5. This post has been removed.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hammah29r2. Show Hammah29r2's posts

In response to softlaw2's comment:

To Hannah and the other vets who poster here, and to all the American vets, you are without peers as the best this Nation has.

I will be placing 7 roses at the gravesites of the 7 local Vietnam selfless sacrificing heroes who were killed in action in the late 60's and early 70's, in addition to the flowers I will be placing at the grave of my Grandfather's  (WWI).   

Thanks Softy. and be sure to tell your brother-in-law that I said "welcome home"

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from georom4. Show georom4's posts

My Dad was drafted by Mussolini when he was 19 - they came to his town of Locri and demanded the eldest sons join up - He was at the Invasion of Sicily and said the Americans literally blocked out the sun with all the planes they had overhead. When Mussolini was captured and Italy switched swides, he went North and found work for a year or so. He said the Germans were absoute animals -They had no respect for human life. They even treated their Italian ally with contempt. I tell my students that this is the essence of fascism - a system where you exist to serve the state and all other things are insubordinate to the state. A hearty thanks to all of our soldiers out there who defend freedom and our way of life.

8. This post has been removed.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hammah29r2. Show Hammah29r2's posts

In response to BurritoT-'s comment:

*bump

Kob Khun Krap Burrito!

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Indiansbacker. Show Indiansbacker's posts

In response to georom4's comment:

My Dad was drafted by Mussolini when he was 19 - they came to his town of Locri and demanded the eldest sons join up - He was at the Invasion of Sicily and said the Americans literally blocked out the sun with all the planes they had overhead. When Mussolini was captured and Italy switched swides, he went North and found work for a year or so. He said the Germans were absoute animals -They had no respect for human life. They even treated their Italian ally with contempt. I tell my students that this is the essence of fascism - a system where you exist to serve the state and all other things are insubordinate to the state. A hearty thanks to all of our soldiers out there who defend freedom and our way of life.

Well, the essence of communism is the same as fascism; i.e., it is a system where you exist to serve the state and all things are subordinate to the state, as you say above.  Just to show you how dark those times were, we had to ally ourselves with the evil of communism (Stalin) in order to defeat the evil of fascism (Hitler).  Darkest period in world history.  Thank God, the Greatest Generation won and then went on to defeat evil Communism in the Cold War!  Babyboomers (like me), Gen-X, Gen-Y, Millennials are all in their debt.... 

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hammah29r2. Show Hammah29r2's posts

In response to Indiansbacker's comment:

Well, the essence of communism is the same as fascism; i.e., it is a system where you exist to serve the state and all things are subordinate to the state, as you say above.  Just to show you how dark those times were, we had to ally ourselves with the evil of communism (Stalin) in order to defeat the evil of fascism (Hitler).  Darkest period in world history.  Thank God, the Greatest Generation won and then went on to defeat evil Communism in the Cold War!  Babyboomers (like me), Gen-X, Gen-Y, Millennials are all in their debt.... 

indeed we are. so what branch of the military did you serve with my fellow baby boomer.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Sheriff-Rojas. Show Sheriff-Rojas's posts

Thank you to all the vets who have served and let's honor the memory of all those who have died in the line of duty, including the Halo Vets that have been blipped off of Conan's video monitor (that last part was a joke, Hammah).  

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from ThatWasMe. Show ThatWasMe's posts

Pretty impressive family story Geo thanks for sharing and happy memorial day.

14. This post has been removed.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bill-806. Show Bill-806's posts

Good post HAMMAH.......  My thoughts are with all, at a time when we are seeing some strange things out of our Government .......

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from georom4. Show georom4's posts

In response to ThatWasMe's comment:

Pretty impressive family story Geo thanks for sharing and happy memorial day.

you are welcome That - I also failed to mention his Dad, my Nonno, was drafted by the US Army during WWI while on a work visa as a teenager (coal miner/WVirgina) He didnt see any action however and was sent to Alabama to train....it sort of blows my mind to think my dad lived that crazy history....it did take its toll on him though - he was a typical vet with ptsd.....

17. This post has been removed.

18. This post has been removed.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from 67redsox. Show 67redsox's posts

A hearfelt thank-you to all those who protect and defend our great nation.

On his 18th birthday my dad signed up during WWll.  He was a pretty good ball player so he played for the team at his boot camp.

Every day he would asked to be sent into battle.  His CO didn't send him because dad was an important addition to the team.

One day someone above dad's CO heard his request to be sent over seas.  So off to battle dad went.

I asked him why he did that.  I said you could have spent the whole war playing ball.  Dad said he signed up to fight and that's what he wanted to do. I'm very proud of what that 18 year old kid did.

20. This post has been removed.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from georom4. Show georom4's posts

In response to 67redsox's comment:

A hearfelt thank-you to all those who protect and defend our great nation.

On his 18th birthday my dad signed up during WWll.  He was a pretty good ball player so he played for the team at his boot camp.

Every day he would asked to be sent into battle.  His CO didn't send him because dad was an important addition to the team.

One day someone above dad's CO heard his request to be sent over seas.  So off to battle dad went.

I asked him why he did that.  I said you could have spent the whole war playing ball.  Dad said he signed up to fight and that's what he wanted to do. I'm very proud of what that 18 year old kid did.

greatest generation....when we had real men getting things done

22. This post has been removed.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from ampoule. Show ampoule's posts

As I wrote on other threads, my godfather was a fighter pilot in WW11 and was shot down over the pacific.  As he was floating down, the Japanese zeros strafed him.  He was rescued and survived, but to his dying day he was pizzed at being strafed.

Another uncle, was captured and was a POW in Korea....until he, and another prisoner escaped.

God Bless all servicemen who honor our country by serving.

24. This post has been removed.

25. This post has been removed.