Mental Lapses

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from expitch. Show expitch's posts

Re: Mental Lapses

Frankly, talk about "aggressiveness" in baseball gives me the willies. Football is an aggressive sport. Basketball, as now played, is an aggressive sport. Hockey is a near-homicidal sport. Baseball is about calculation, concentration, and opportunism.  It's a game of wits that looks balletic when it's played well. Aggressive implies stoked up. Most ballplayers are not at their best when stoked.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from harness. Show harness's posts

In baseball, there's a fine line between discipline and aggressive nature.
    Pedey is who he is because of his temperament. It's transparent in his game. The 'dirt-dog' approach is an aggressive one - relatively speaking.

If you try to "corral" him in one area, it might affect his overall game.
    I do think he needs to mature at the plate. He has the ability to do things others can't. But harnessing that ability without compromising his nature is the trick.

Just my take.

On the O's scout, I actually got the tip from a friend of the scout, who was a family friend. It did turn out to be true. One guy were contacted and an offer was eventually made.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from expitch. Show expitch's posts

In Response to Re: Mental Lapses:
    [QUOTE]In baseball, there's a fine line between discipline and aggressive nature. Pedey is who he is because of his temperament. It's transparent in his game. The 'dirt-dog' approach is an aggressive one - relatively speaking. If you try to "corral" him in one area, it might affect his overall game. I do think he needs to mature at the plate. He has the ability to do things others can't. But harnessing that ability without compromising his nature is the trick. Just my take. On the O's scout, I actually got the tip from a friend of the scout, who was a family friend. It did turn out to be true. One guy were contacted and an offer was eventually made.
    Posted by harness[/QUOTE]
    You're saying the same thing in different words. Dustin Pedroia always plays hard. That's his temperament. Advising him to play smarter at the plate won't change his approach to any part of the game. It would probably take a lobotomy to "corral" him. 

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from harness. Show harness's posts

That's funny.

Tell me, are passive players less likely to have "mental lapses"

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from majorleague. Show majorleague's posts

Bellsbury had another mental lapse, but got away with it. He had another boo boo, though.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from expitch. Show expitch's posts

In Response to Re: Mental Lapses:
    [QUOTE]That's funny. Tell me, are passive players less likely to have "mental lapses"
    Posted by harness[/QUOTE]
    I doubt that in pro sports any players are truly "passive."  Temperaments differ, and performances may look different on the surface. But all of these men are competitive, or they would not be where they are.