Message Board Activity

1. This post has been removed.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from royf19. Show royf19's posts

Re: Message Board Activity

In Response to Message Board Activity:
    [QUOTE]This is pathetic. The Sox have lost three in a row and this board is going crazy with posts. Most of them from Red Sox fans who say the season is over. Now, when the Red Sox do get hot...and they will this board becomes quiet with a just a few posters. It is amazing how that works. Too many so called Red Sox fans on here are more concerned about being right then the Red Sox winning. When they lose they come in here to boast about how they were right. When the Red Sox win they disappear, change usernames and re-appear when the Red Sox start losing. What a joke! 
    Posted by thepeskypole6[/QUOTE]

It's typical. I've come to expect it and live with it.

My only problem with the board -- and the only reason why I did't mind idea of the private board -- is the bumping of threads. That's the one thing that should be policed better on this board.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from SpacemanEephus. Show SpacemanEephus's posts

[QUOTE]This is pathetic. The Sox have lost three in a row and this board is going crazy with posts. Most of them from Red Sox fans who say the season is over. Now, when the Red Sox do get hot...and they will this board becomes quiet with a just a few posters. It is amazing how that works. Too many so called Red Sox fans on here are more concerned about being right then the Red Sox winning. When they lose they come in here to boast about how they were right. When the Red Sox win they disappear, change usernames and re-appear when the Red Sox start losing. What a joke! 

Pesky, in the immortal words of Bruce Hornsby, Thats Just The Way It is; Somethings Will Never Change.  After not checking in over the weekend, I was laughing to myself this morning on the way to work, in giddy anticipation of the inevtiable ridiculous flurry of chicken feathers flying around the coop and doomsday predictions and endless barrage of "(fill in player/FO operative/coach) Sux!!"  To be frank, I am a little letdown by the low levels of hatred, venom, and doom compared to three game skids past, especially in light of September.  I was looking forward to an all-time high point of weeping and gnashing of teeth.  But this is really child play, run of the mill bashing and bold predictions of last place finishes.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from ZILLAGOD. Show ZILLAGOD's posts

"Hey, Tito!...I flooded they BDC discussion forums with negative posts....I feel like a real poor sport!"

"I know, it's hard to resist. I am now logged in under sixteen usernames and I bash Valentine as often as I can."

"Do you get any satisfaction?'

"No, but I've heard that Larry Lucchino is a member also , and I want a shot at him in the worst way for blaming me for the chicken and beer business!"

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheExaminer. Show TheExaminer's posts

"Just for fun he says, get a a job....." I think people tend to be happy when things are going well, and just go to bed. When the team sucks they get mad and want to blow off about it. That's probably why it happens.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from royf19. Show royf19's posts

In Response to Re: Message Board Activity:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Message Board Activity : Pesky, in the immortal words of Bruce Hornsby, Thats Just The Way It is; Somethings Will Never Change.  After not checking in over the weekend, I was laughing to myself this morning on the way to work, in giddy anticipation of the inevtiable ridiculous flurry of chicken feathers flying around the coop and doomsday predictions and endless barrage of "(fill in player/FO operative/coach) Sux!!"  To be frank, I am a little letdown by the low levels of hatred, venom, and doom compared to three game skids past, especially in light of September.  I was looking forward to an all-time high point of weeping and gnashing of teeth.  But this is really child play, run of the mill bashing and bold predictions of last place finishes.
    Posted by SpacemanEephus[/QUOTE]

I think the difference in this regard is posters don't have Francona to blame, so that saved the board about 10 or 12 threads. Can you imagine the number of threads on the managing that would have hit this board had Francona still been managed and did everything exactly like Valentine.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from J-BAY. Show J-BAY's posts

yep, after I read the game thread last night, I posted... to all the francona haters, BV has the same record after 3 games as tito did this time last year; glad to see BV had them ready to play coming out of ST........one of, if not the biggest francona basher posted, none of the losses were BV fault.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from carnie. Show carnie's posts

My favorite thread from last year went up in April, when jimdavis started a thread titled "This board is full of whiners and crybabies".

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from dannycater. Show dannycater's posts

I'm sorry, you can't have it both ways. On one thread, you got people upset with Curly Shaugnny criticizing the Sox, and now we have people criticizing fans for getting upset over the team's start. Look, this is a forum. I might think 50 percent of the clowns who go over the top that the Sox suck, the Sox stink, the Sox are done and rip everything Sox are wrong (or right), but I completely understand it, and completely see it as a frustrated fan would. It's a freaking Forum, if you can't blow off steam here, then where do you suggest these fans blow off the steam? By breaking their TV sets? Or should we just pretend the Sox don't suck right now and pretend last September never happened?

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from georom4. Show georom4's posts

i am still positive and im not ready to call it a season....if our closer didnt melt, we win 2/3 in tigerland....this board wouldve been gushing and forgetting about how lousy the starters have been...(besides Lester)

i think we always overestimate the Big 3 and undestimate 4/5 starters....im expecting to be pleasantly surprised by Felix and bard

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from dannycater. Show dannycater's posts

pesky, when things are going well what are you supposed to write on the board?
    "Lemonade, please"....Oh, oh, Pedroia for MVP, AGON for MVP. Wow, Bobby V is a great manager, I sure hope he gets Manager of the Year....It's boring, and people are content, that's why it's quiet when the team wins. I myself find myself having little reason to post when any of the Boston teams are doing well. Again, what's there to complain about? Nothing. So naturally, no reason to post. I can't speak for the Yankee fans who come out of the woodwork to rip Sox fans, that's different, and that's moronic. Or I can't stand the hanks/softies who bash even if a guy is doing well for the Sox. Like they can't stand a particular player even if they do well. That's another problem. 

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from dannycater. Show dannycater's posts

I can tell you this. I watched that fiasco called Sunday's choke and I can tell you when Melancon gave up the homer, I think the last thing I was thinking was, it's just another game and we have 159 to go. It was as pathetic a loss as any team has ever suffered. It's a loss that has as much to do with what happens when you don't value the closer spot, and don't value the idea that it's ok to pinch hit for Shoppach with 2nd and 3rd and Youkilis sitting on the bench. 

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from georom4. Show georom4's posts

if we cant hold on to a 3 run lead in the last inning, we deserve to lose..but lets get real - this is the first series of the year....for real pain revisit the Texas Rangers in the World Series....i would need therapy for years after that....

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from dannycater. Show dannycater's posts

geo, it's a marathon, not a sprint    *Franconaism*

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from J-BAY. Show J-BAY's posts

Danny, my thought went to the Rangers, who blew a two run lead, twice, both w only one strike away, to win the World Series. They had a good closer in Feliz. As heartbreaking as the loss was yesterday, I couldnt image losing the 1st world series in the organizations history that  way.

While I agree with the premise of your post, a little common sense should prevail.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from craze4sox. Show craze4sox's posts

This isn't a private country club.  It's a board for all fans to express themselves in a way only they can whether right or wrong.  The team is 0 and 3, so those who put their sports team over the more important aspects of every day life will be miserable unless our team wins.

The fact is we have a good but far from great team and those who praised Theo need to see beyond our two WC's because the reality is, our team is not in a position to improve drastically anytime soon because of his time spent as GM and ongoing injuries.  I stated before that our team may not replace Pap and Bard with Bailey who is injury prone and Melencon who had no previous AL experience.  Most of us also realize we may still be one solid starter away from being a real condender so the best we can hope for is to get help from unexpected sources and the team to stay healthy.  Padilla did a great job yesterday, we will need a lot more of that moving forward to make the PS. 

Don't allow baseball to ruin your life, our team is what it is! 

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from dannycater. Show dannycater's posts

[QUOTE]Danny, my thought went to the Rangers, who blew a two run lead, twice, both w only one strike away, to win the World Series. They had a good closer in Feliz. As heartbreaking as the loss was yesterday, I couldnt image losing the 1st world series in the organizations history that  way. While I agree with the premise of your post, a little common sense should prevail.
    Posted by J-BAY[/QUOTE]

No question that Texas suffered horribly, but I'm not here to talk about the Rangers, I'm here to talk about the Red Sox. :-)

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from dannycater. Show dannycater's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Message Board Activity : This isn't a private country club.  It's a board for all fans to express themselves in a way only they can whether right or wrong.  The team is 0 and 3, so those who put their sports team over the more important aspects of every day life will be miserable unless our team wins. The fact is we have a good but far from great team and those who praised Theo need to see beyond our two WC's because the reality is, our team is not in a position to improve drastically anytime soon because of his time spent as GM and ongoing injuries.  I stated before that our team may not replace Pap and Bard with Bailey who is injury prone and Melencon who had no previous AL experience.  Most of us also realize we may still be one solid starter away from being a real condender so the best we can hope for is to get help from unexpected sources and the team to stay healthy.  Padilla did a great job yesterday, we will need a lot more of that moving forward to make the PS.  Don't allow baseball to ruin your life, our team is what it is! 
    Posted by craze4sox[/QUOTE]

You could perceive that as complacency with the Sox. I actually really don't feel sentimental about this 2012 squad nor do I think they are all that good to begin with, but still you can post negative thoughts,  you can say Fire Bobby! Fire Ben! Fire Larry! and still be able to separate rooting for a sports team and having your regular life duties and experiences. You can be die-hard and be perfectly free to criticize. That's my point in these posts. I think it's ridiculous to cry about why fans are negative on a forum board. 

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from J-BAY. Show J-BAY's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Message Board Activity : No question that Texas suffered horribly, but I'm not here to talk about the Rangers, I'm here to talk about the Red Sox. :-)
    Posted by dannycater[/QUOTE]

As am I, but your post referenced it's the type of loss you suffer without a valued closer. My point was, texas suffered the same type of loss with a valued closer. It's baseball

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from craze4sox. Show craze4sox's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Message Board Activity : You could perceive that as complacency with the Sox. I actually really don't feel sentimental about this 2012 squad nor do I think they are all that good to begin with, but still you can post negative thoughts,  you can say Fire Bobby! Fire Ben! Fire Larry! and still be able to separate rooting for a sports team and having your regular life duties and experiences. You can be die-hard and be perfectly free to criticize. That's my point in these posts. I think it's ridiculous to cry about why fans are negative on a forum board. 

danny, I see your point but more fans "than not" who express their displeasure like this, especially after three games usually allow it to affect other things.  We all knew the money and team we had going in, so all we can do is hope for the best.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from dannycater. Show dannycater's posts

crazed, I don't know people personally on this board, and maybe you do, but I can't make a statement like you did saying it "affects other things." If it does, then that's really up to the individual. It's probably a little sick too, but I think age has a lot to do with it. For some, it gets worse as we age. For me, I'm less a die-hard than I was say when I was in my 20s. But even then at its worst, I never kicked the family dog or felt it was life-death whether the Sox won or not.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from dannycater. Show dannycater's posts

Closers are closers, and I was a fan of Papelbon, and I was very upset with Papelbon in game 162 last year. With that said, I'm betting he would have saved both of the games this weekend. I'm also betting that I knew the Sox were in trouble naming Aceves a closer and having Melancon back him up. Detroit's closer choked on game 1, so I'm well aware that closers choke from time to time. But doesn't mean I am going to not go to Papelbon as a quality closer and doesn't mean that his track record is such that he's pretty automatic in comparison to most other closers. 

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from dannycater. Show dannycater's posts

One thing is clear--Aceves was not built for closing, he was built for middle relieving. Bard, whether he likes it or not, is the best guy "available" for the closer job. Why the Sox refuse to accept this fact is still a mystery. 

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from craze4sox. Show craze4sox's posts

[QUOTE]crazed, I don't know people personally on this board, and maybe you do, but I can't make a statement like you did saying it "affects other things." If it does, then that's really up to the individual. It's probably a little sick too, but I think age has a lot to do with it. For some, it gets worse as we age. For me, I'm less a die-hard than I was say when I was in my 20s. But even then at its worst, I never kicked the family dog or felt it was life-death whether the Sox won or not.

Thats great and I'm happy to hear it Danny.  My statement also wasn't directed at everyone.  I have been a Sox fan for 40 plus years and it p....ses me off to see where our team is today because of all the failed signings and ongoing injuries but it is what it is.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from 6k42lt913c. Show 6k42lt913c's posts

CrazeforSox:
    "This isn't a private country club. It's a board for all fans to express themselves in a way only they can whether right or wrong. The team is 0 and 3, so those who put their sports team over the more important aspects of every day life will be miserable unless our team wins.

Yes, indeed, you are correct. It is indeed a place for fans to express themselves whether right or wrong, optimistic or gloomy, hopeful or cynical, loyal or disloyal, trusting or skeptical, positive or negative, or serious or pretending, honest or trolling, or patient or impatient.

Yes, the forum is a place to express opinions but it is not indicative of Red Sox Nation at all. RSN, thank God, is much more cerebral and hopeful than what is expressed by the 90% on here that are negative.

A sounding board is a great concept but those who come here and live here are not at all representative of Red Sox Nation. Look at any Internet Forum and you will realize that it is loaded with those who are negative or want to portray that negative image.

The problem however is that most posters in this forum are gloomy, cynical, disloyal, skeptical, negative, pretending, trolling, and impatient. Read the threads over the months and years and you will agree with me. This is why most posters who are optimistic, hopeful, loyal, trusting, positive, serious, and patient are in the minority and have left the forum.

Sections
Shortcuts