Message to Brock Holt

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from bosoxmal. Show bosoxmal's posts

Message to Brock Holt

You're taking too may pitches, kid. Batting lead-off does not mean you ignore pitches you can hammer. Take note of your buddy, JBJ, since he learned his lesson. Taking strike one gets you in a hole. Taking strike 3 is even worse. In a nut shell, forget about pitch counts. Base hits are what counts.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from billge. Show billge's posts

Re: Message to Brock Holt

My message is that hanging around with these losers will bring you down.  Ask for a trade.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from davidap. Show davidap's posts

Or hold out and get $10 million for half a year.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from chickenandboose. Show chickenandboose's posts

Or keep doing what you are doing since you are clearly one of the best player on this pathetic team.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from georom4. Show georom4's posts

Holt is one of the few not CHOCKING!

As always - 100% correct!

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from GoUconn13. Show GoUconn13's posts

In response to bosoxmal's comment:
    [QUOTE]

You're taking too may pitches, kid. Batting lead-off does not mean you ignore pitches you can hammer. Take note of your buddy, JBJ, since he learned his lesson. Taking strike one gets you in a hole. Taking strike 3 is even worse. In a nut shell, forget about pitch counts. Base hits are what counts.

[/QUOTE]

he is playing sort of his first full year at the mlb league level at the same time he never had much experience batting lead off.

Give this kid a break.  He still lead the team in batting average  Also he scored 32 runs out of 224 ABs compare to Ellsbury scoring 41 runs out of 329 ABs.  

Guess Holt is doing a good job filling in Ellsbury old spot. 

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

This just proves some people have to find fault in everything.

Sox4ever

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from kimsaysthis. Show kimsaysthis's posts

A beat up Brock Holt thread? Seriously? LMAO

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from dgalehouse. Show dgalehouse's posts

In response to kimsaysthis' comment:
    [QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[object HTMLDivElement] I don't think the intent is to beat up Holt. Just that he is a better hitter when he is a little more aggressive at the plate. Not a lot of guys are better when down in the count. 

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxdirtdog. Show redsoxdirtdog's posts

Last 28 games, this schmucckk is only hitting .305, with a .765 ops.  Only leading the team in runs scored by a huve margin.   Pffff!  

I will grant you that his splits are dramatically worse when hitting from behind in the count,

What is clear???  As the leadoff hitter for the Boston Red Sox, this guy should average .345 +, with a .950+ ops.

no excuse for this slump!!!!!

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from kimsaysthis. Show kimsaysthis's posts

In response to dgalehouse's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[object HTMLDivElement] I don't think the intent is to beat up Holt. Just that he is a better hitter when he is a little more aggressive at the plate. Not a lot of guys are better when down in the count. 

[/QUOTE]

It's a little weird to be pointing out the one guy who's probably the most consistent on the team when there are so many others to choose from. I wouldn't change anything he's doing.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from kimsaysthis. Show kimsaysthis's posts

In response to redsoxdirtdog's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Last 28 games, this schmucckk is only hitting .305, with a .765 ops.  Only leading the team in runs scored by a huve margin.   Pffff!  

I will grant you that his splits are dramatically worse when hitting from behind in the count,

What is clear???  As the leadoff hitter for the Boston Red Sox, this guy should average .345 +, with a .950+ ops.

no excuse for this slump!!!!!

[/QUOTE]

LOL! So true.

13. This post has been removed.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from slasher9. Show slasher9's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

have any of you actually looked at his splits????  JFC....he is a BETTER hitter after he sees a pitch or two.

other names i have posted under:  none

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from donrd4. Show donrd4's posts

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

The Sox had 3 strikes against them before the season started.... Not a big deal? Did you not see this coming? If not ,you were fooled more then the sox batters taken strike three.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from bosoxmal. Show bosoxmal's posts

In response to GoUconn13's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

he is playing sort of his first full year at the mlb league level at the same time he never had much experience batting lead off.

Give this kid a break.  He still lead the team in batting average  Also he scored 32 runs out of 224 ABs compare to Ellsbury scoring 41 runs out of 329 ABs.  

Guess Holt is doing a good job filling in Ellsbury old spot. 

[/QUOTE]

agreed; but he's still taking too many good pitches, and will continue to ground balls to the right side until he gets more aggressive. Yes, He and Bradley are probably the two best hitters on this team, but what's wrong with getting better?

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from dustcover. Show dustcover's posts

In response to slasher9's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

have any of you actually looked at his splits????  JFC....he is a BETTER hitter after he sees a pitch or two.

other names i have posted under:  none

[/QUOTE]

Perhaps I'm experiencing a senior moment or just a momentary brain f*rt, but who the heck is JFC and what are his splits?

Sections
Shortcuts