Mets Shopping for a Franchise Player

1. This post has been removed.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from stillallbost08. Show stillallbost08's posts

Re: Mets Shopping for a Franchise Player

didnt know they needed a SS

3. This post has been removed.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bisson1. Show Bisson1's posts

The Mets always do this and they never get any better.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from maxbialystock. Show maxbialystock's posts

No way are the Mets after Ellsbury--softy says he is aint worth diddly and softy is the expert on all players and teams.  Just ask him.

6. This post has been removed.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from ctredsoxfanhugh. Show ctredsoxfanhugh's posts

The mets will be making a push for Ellsbury

8. This post has been removed.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Joebreidey. Show Joebreidey's posts

In response to stillallbost08's comment:

They do, but I think StL outbids them for Drew.

10. This post has been removed.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from SonicsMonksLyresVicars. Show SonicsMonksLyresVicars's posts

In response to Bill-806's comment:

In response to RedSoxFireman's comment:

[QUOTE]

Mets will be after Ellsbury, among a few other NL teams that include the Giants. I find it less likely that an AL GM falls for the Ellsbury big contract scam. They are familiar with him and his career OPS and work attendance history and age. Better fit in NL rules.

Maybe they might be interested in a trade for the 13MIL  D H  / FIRST BASEMAN !!

[/QUOTE]

They are looking for a toilet cleaner too, but you'd never be able to meet the standard.

12. This post has been removed.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from nhsteven. Show nhsteven's posts

Drew is a franchise player?

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from jete02fan. Show jete02fan's posts

In response to Joebreidey's comment:

In response to stillallbost08's comment:

They do, but I think StL outbids them for Drew.

would be interesting, then both Drews will have played for St Loo. and Boston

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from ZILLAGOD. Show ZILLAGOD's posts

In response to nhsteven's comment:

Drew is a franchise player?

That was going to be my next question.

Ellsbury isn't either. 

If the Mets are so serious about a franchise player they need to hire some decent scouts and draft one. No team is stupid enough to send them one, it's way too early fro Santa Claus to visit.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from ctredsoxfanhugh. Show ctredsoxfanhugh's posts

Wait.....you said Drew for one year at 9.5?million was a "bad value" now he's a "franchise player"???

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from vtfanofcs. Show vtfanofcs's posts

Mets will be after Ellsbury, among a few other NL teams that include the Giants. I find it less likely that an AL GM falls for the Ellsbury big contract scam. They are familiar with him and his career OPS and work attendance history and age. Better fit in NL rules.

NL GM's don't know Jacoby's "career OPS and work attendance history and age"?  In that case,  Boston should definitely re-sign Ellsbury.  If it doesn't work out, Ben can tell the NL GM's that Jacoby is 25, has never missed a game and owns a career OPS of 1.500. That should net quite a haul.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Joebreidey. Show Joebreidey's posts

In response to vtfanofcs' comment:

[QUOTE]

NL GM's don't know Jacoby's career OPS and work attendance history and age?  In that case,  Boston should definitely resign Ellsbury.  If it doesn't work out, Ben can tell the NL GM's that Jacoby is 25, has never missed a game and owns a career OPS of 1.500

[/QUOTE]

I thought was pretty funny as well, but I had picked off enough low-hanging fruit.  I love the implication that the NL GMs don't read the same analyses as the AL GMs, don't employ scouts, and don't know who plays in the AL.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from andrewmitch. Show andrewmitch's posts

Ellsbury's injury history makes him too risky to build a team around.  But hey, that's the Mets for ya.  Wouldn't suprise me one bit.  The NYC teams have the single greatest inherent advantage over any other market and yet both teams continue to be the laughing stock in all of baseball. 

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hfxsoxnut. Show Hfxsoxnut's posts

Softcasm is back.  It's a strange form of sarcasm that only Softlaw himself actually uses. 

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from stan17. Show stan17's posts

Ells going to the Mets makes a lot of sense.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from andrewmitch. Show andrewmitch's posts

In response to stan17's comment:

Ells going to the Mets makes a lot of sense.

They just got rid of Jason Bay - Ells would be a big risk for them.  But I'd expect nothing less from the Mets to offer him 7/142..........

23. This post has been removed.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

It's hard to know which GM will overpay for Jacoby, but I'm sure theres at least one out there that will gamble he stays healthy and stays consistent.

Sox4ever

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from SonicsMonksLyresVicars. Show SonicsMonksLyresVicars's posts

In response to Hfxsoxnut's comment:

Softcasm is back.  It's a strange form of sarcasm that only Softlaw himself actually uses. 

soft·casm  (softkzm)

n. 1.  An unfunny form of alleged wit that is marked by the use of utterly transparent language and while intended to make its victim the butt of contempt or ridicule it simply exposes the user as a fool.

Sections
Shortcuts