Mets- Trade option

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Iceman4. Show Iceman4's posts

Mets- Trade option

It appears they need a closer. Could we move Bailey to them? What could we get from them?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from seannybboi. Show seannybboi's posts

Re: Mets- Trade option

Noah Syndergaard maybe?  Or, this is crazy but, Salty, Iggy, Bailey, Shaw, and Britton for Ike Davis, Jon Niese, and Noah Syndergaard.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from mef429. Show mef429's posts

In response to seannybboi's comment:

Noah Syndergaard maybe?  Or, this is crazy but, Salty, Iggy, Bailey, Shaw, and Britton for Ike Davis, Jon Niese, and Noah Syndergaard.

too little for too much. my Met friends have big plans for Jon Niese (and obviously Ike Davis too).. your not getting him PLUS Ike Davis+ for salty, bailey, iggy+

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Drewski5. Show Drewski5's posts

In response to seannybboi's comment:

Salty, Iggy , Bailey, Shaw for Travis D'Arnaud.

Kidding.  We would get laughed at.

Maybe Lucas Duda for Bailey, but I think I'd rather keep Bailey.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from donrd4. Show donrd4's posts

In response to Iceman4's comment:

It appears they need a closer. Could we move Bailey to them? What could we get from them?

A head ache !

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxpride34. Show redsoxpride34's posts

ya i would trade bailey for syndergaard, he has legit potential. Ike davis would be a good pick up too. much better than lyle overbay. 

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from ctredsoxfanhugh. Show ctredsoxfanhugh's posts

How about Bailey/Salty/Bard/Barnes for Wheeler?

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bill-806. Show Bill-806's posts

This thread does not deserve my time !!!

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from SonicsMonksLyresVicars. Show SonicsMonksLyresVicars's posts

In response to Bill-806's comment:

This thread does not deserve my time !!!

I agree, Bill.  You are a rare person with an active mind and broad skillset that shouldn't be wasted here.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ice-Cream. Show Ice-Cream's posts

This site is so quiet.  Is everyone watching the Super Bowl?!? 

The Patriots lost so I do not give a bleep which team wins tonight.   LOL

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from mef429. Show mef429's posts

I've definitely been getting my JACOOOBBBYYYYY!! yell warmed up tonight.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from SonicsMonksLyresVicars. Show SonicsMonksLyresVicars's posts

In response to Ice-Cream's comment:

This site is so quiet.  Is everyone watching the Super Bowl?!? 

The Patriots lost so I do not give a bleep which team wins tonight.   LOL

Back around 1999/2000 I was talking to some friends about the relative value to each of us of the Boston teams winning their league championship.  We agreed the Sox winning was most valuable, then the Celts/Pats, then the Bruins.  I was by far the most extreme as, other than baseball, I'd lost almost all interest in the other sports so I said something like "one Sox title to me is worth an infinite amount of the other teams winning".   And I meant it. And I stand by it now that it's happened.

The others mostly clustered around 1 Sox = 2 Pats = 3 Celts = 4 Bruins.

Today?  I still don't give a cr@p about the NBA...too dominated by stars plus very badly behaved players/league/union.  NHL?  Lots of reasons.  But I've cared about the Pats much more since then not just because of their success but because of the honour of the Kraft family and its trickle down effect on us all.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from southpaw777. Show southpaw777's posts

In response to ctredsoxfanhugh's comment:

How about Bailey/Salty/Bard/Barnes for Wheeler?

I  think for the Mets top 2 pitchers Wheeler #1 and Syndergaard #3 the Sox would have to part with more than 1yr 4.5M Salty, Oft-injured Bailey 4.1M, a relief pitcher, Bard< who hit more batters than he struck out last year and a pitching prospect that hasnt thrown a pitch in AA yet.

Id include Bigy or maybe another name as well. TOTR pitching prospects are more valuable than position players IMO and would probably cost more on the return.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from tomnev. Show tomnev's posts

I think the Sox have a good amount of pitching prospects of their own, so i would trade Bailey plu others for another.....I have been pushing for months for them to pursue Ike Davis....especially before the Mets made the Dickey trade and got a catcher.....I still think Bailey + a Top Ten prospect(not Top 5) could get you Ike Davis.....the Mets do not seem that attached to him , especially now that he is in his Arb year and will be costing them more each year.....they worry aout his injury history and I think they view Wilmer Flores(their #4 prospect) as a possible 1B in the future.

Sections
Shortcuts