Michael Young willing to accept trade to Boston

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from southpaw777. Show southpaw777's posts

Michael Young willing to accept trade to Boston

Michael Young Willing To Approve Trade To Red Sox

MLB Trade Rumors

The latest on Phillies third baseman Michael Young:

• As of a few minutes ago the Phillies hadn't called the Red Sox about Young's willingness to go there, and Boston's interest is not certain, tweets Peter Gammons of Gammons Daily.
    • Young is unlikely to get through waivers in August, tweets Joel Sherman of the New York Post.
    • Young has changed his mind and is now willing to waive his no-trade clause to go to the Red Sox, tweets Ken Rosenthal of FOX Sports.  Previously, he was only willing to go back to the Rangers.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from ADG. Show ADG's posts

Re: Michael Young willing to accept trade to Boston

No power, no defense, don't want him.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from ANONMD08. Show ANONMD08's posts

My how that changed.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheExaminer. Show TheExaminer's posts

Dont think we need him SP. Between WM, Bogaerts and Holt I think we're ok. That is, unless he comes super cheap. Philly called up their AAA third baseman, so it seems Young will be moved somewhere. Could see him in NYY? 

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from ANONMD08. Show ANONMD08's posts

What's the infatuation with Michael Young anyways? The young players have been doing a good job.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from ctredsoxfanhugh. Show ctredsoxfanhugh's posts

I don't want Young....I want to get YOUNGER!

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Javi60. Show Javi60's posts

Bring him in a hurry if trade off is reasonable... Welco Peavy... But why Aparicio?... Sorry, Igesias

Hurt by his departure!!!

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from craze4sox. Show craze4sox's posts

In response to southpaw777's comment:

Michael Young Willing To Approve Trade To Red Sox

MLB Trade Rumors

By Tim Dierkes [July 31, 2013 at 11:07am CST]

The latest on Phillies third baseman Michael Young:

• As of a few minutes ago the Phillies hadn't called the Red Sox about Young's willingness to go there, and Boston's interest is not certain, tweets Peter Gammons of Gammons Daily.
    • Young is unlikely to get through waivers in August, tweets Joel Sherman of the New York Post.
    • Young has changed his mind and is now willing to waive his no-trade clause to go to the Red Sox, tweets Ken Rosenthal of FOX Sports.  Previously, he was only willing to go back to the Rangers.

I'm on the fence here southpaw but a huge Young fan, nobody deserves a ring more.  He can help in some areas but is really struggling against lefties.  He is better than Nap offensively against righties but not as good as Carp.  He plays a lot of different positions and may be a better 1B than anyone we have defensively. 

As long as the price is right he's another solid veteran presence.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Leftfielder61. Show Leftfielder61's posts

In response to ANONMD08's comment:

What's the infatuation with Michael Young anyways? The young players have been doing a good job.

I am not sure why the hate on Young. He is a professional hitter with post season experience. If the price is right - a non top 10 prospect, we should bring him on board.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from southpaw777. Show southpaw777's posts

I think we can handle the left side internally too, but I understand the thinking by BC &Co... Just like acquiring Drew before the season because of Iggys offensive troubles. Considering a proven vet, who might get a spark with a change of area code to a winning team and environment in case Middy or even Bogey arent the answer this year is what a GM should do in this situation.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Leftfielder61. Show Leftfielder61's posts

In response to ctredsoxfanhugh's comment:

Hugh this team is getting younger, which is why I want to bring an experienced veteran in to help us finish THIS season strong.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from mrmojo1120. Show mrmojo1120's posts

Gordon Edes@GordonEdes

I am told that its doubtful Sox will make move for Michael Young

9:28 AM - 31 Jul 13  

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from ctredsoxfanhugh. Show ctredsoxfanhugh's posts

In response to Leftfielder61's comment:

Hugh this team is getting younger, which is why I want to bring an experienced veteran in to help us finish THIS season strong.

We already have Veterans on this team to help out the youngsters why do they need another one?  supposedly Young isn't exactly the greatest club house guy as well so I wouldn't want to bet on him being the positive veteran presence to put us over the top.  

We have plenty of Veterans, right now we need more talent. 

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Flapjack07. Show Flapjack07's posts

If Young or another trade acquisition is not walking through that door after 4 pm, I wonder if then we'll see Xander or WMB called up. I can't imagine the team plans to go with Holt/Snyder at 3B for very long.

15. This post has been removed.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Flapjack07. Show Flapjack07's posts

In response to Belinsky1962's comment:

In response to Flapjack07's comment:

If Young or another trade acquisition is not walking through that door after 4 pm, I wonder if then we'll see Xander or WMB called up. I can't imagine the team plans to go with Holt/Snyder at 3B for very long.

http://www.providencejournal.com/sports/red-sox/content/20130731-holt-promoted-over-middlebrooks-and-bogaerts.ece

Right. You can still keep Holt as the UIF and send Snyder down if need be. I just don't see either of them as much of a starting option at this point...I think Cherington is leaving the door open for a trade, but I'm just wondering aloud what the next move is if there isn't one.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Leftfielder61. Show Leftfielder61's posts

We already have Veterans on this team to help out the youngsters why do they need another one?  supposedly Young isn't exactly the greatest club house guy as well so I wouldn't want to bet on him being the positive veteran presence to put us over the top.  

I am excited as anyone to see Bogey &  I have not given up on Middlebrooks, I just think NOW is not the time to just hand over a starting role to them, not when there is a experience solid (I know that's debatable) option available.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from southpaw777. Show southpaw777's posts

In response to Belinsky1962's comment:

http://www.providencejournal.com/sports/red-sox/content/20130731-holt-promoted-over-middlebrooks-and-bogaerts.ece

Right. You can still keep Holt as the UIF and send Snyder down if need be. I just don't see either of them as much of a starting option at this point...I think Cherington is leaving the door open for a trade, but I'm just wondering aloud what the next move is if there isn't one.

Im sure Holt is here to hold things down until all the smoke clears from today. Once they know whos here and whos not and figure out the 40-man roster, then someone else will be at 3b. whether it be Middy, Bogey, or Young....Heck, or someone else we havent mentioned.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from crazyworldoftroybrown. Show crazyworldoftroybrown's posts

Amaro played it too coy about Lee. He's a bad GM, watch Mets jump over Phils. Mets got some good young arms, in the Minors too.

Next year Mets are going to be much better.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from ctredsoxfanhugh. Show ctredsoxfanhugh's posts

I am excited as anyone to see Bogey &  I have not given up on Middlebrooks, I just think NOW is not the time to just hand over a starting role to them, not when there is a experience solid (I know that's debatable) option available.

If these was a lack of veteran presence in the club house I'd agree.  If the offense was sufferning I'd agree but one rookie is not going to make or break you as a matter of fact there are just as many examples of prospects/rookies coming up and helping a team win a pennant E.G. Jacoby Ellsbury 2007.  you are also asking him to take 1/9 the at bats it's not like starting a point guard and quarterback he doesn't have to carry the whole load and as we have seen in the past a shot of youth is sometimes JUST what a team needs. 

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from 808soxfan. Show 808soxfan's posts

If these was a lack of veteran presence in the club house I'd agree.  If the offense was sufferning I'd agree but one rookie is not going to make or break you as a matter of fact there are just as many examples of prospects/rookies coming up and helping a team win a pennant E.G. Jacoby Ellsbury 2007.  you are also asking him to take 1/9 the at bats it's not like starting a point guard and quarterback he doesn't have to carry the whole load and as we have seen in the past a shot of youth is sometimes JUST what a team needs. 

+1. Let XB play 3rd! We have a good clubhouse as it is. Let the kid play

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ice-Cream. Show Ice-Cream's posts

The Red Sox do not need Young.  Young would be a good fit for the Yankees. 

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from slasher9. Show slasher9's posts

this just in:

Source: Michael Young has changed his mind, would agree to a trade to the Yankees, if they can swing a deal.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from slasher9. Show slasher9's posts

and then this:

Buster Olney

At the moment, the Yankees haven't been told that Michael Young would accept a trade to them. Not sure if this is leverage to nudge the RS.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from dgalehouse. Show dgalehouse's posts

The Yankees will get him for a marginal prospect. He will do a good job for them. 

Stabbed by Foulke.

Sections
Shortcuts