Micheal Young has cleared waivers

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from mrmojo1120. Show mrmojo1120's posts

Micheal Young has cleared waivers

Let the rumors to Boston begin.

http://www.sbnation.com/mlb/2013/8/8/4601636/mlb-trade-rumors-michael-young-waivers-phillies-yankees-rangers

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bill-806. Show Bill-806's posts

Re: Micheal Young has cleared waivers

NO interest...........  Not on this ASST's G M's  watch !!!!

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from southpaw777. Show southpaw777's posts

Im sure Ben will consider it depending on if he can send back some rule5 player that wont be protected. Theyre not going to get much for Young. The NYY are out of it with ARoid back now too.

He doesnt K much and can at least get on base at a better clip than any player we are currently using and hes a veteran whos been there before. It would also allow us to not be forced to rush either Middy or Xander.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hetchinspete. Show Hetchinspete's posts

In response to Bill-806's comment:

NO interest...........  Not on this ASST's G M's  watch !!!!

Bill, 

Couldn't disagree more. He's past his prime but still can field and play. A veteran presence for rest of the season and playoffs if needed.

Hetch 

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from tomnev. Show tomnev's posts

Unless Ben plans on bringing up Boegaarts or Middlebrooks...Michael Young is a better option than Snyder or Holt....a veteran with lots of big game experience. Personally iw ould do the former, but to get Young for a song would be a no brainer

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from southpaw777. Show southpaw777's posts

In response to tomnev's comment:

Unless Ben plans on bringing up Boegaarts or Middlebrooks...Michael Young is a better option than Snyder or Holt....a veteran with lots of big game experience. Personally iw ould do the former, but to get Young for a song would be a no brainer

You have to figure that Amero has no power in this move at all...Young has a full NTC so HE decides where he goes and has chosen Texas or Boston. Now Texas cant offer him a FT position (Maybe 1b). They have moreland who hasnt done a bad job there. Hes more a power guy with a .250BA and Baker who has had a great year for a platoon guy who plays LF/1b. Young would get FT play in Boston at one position. It doesnt matter if Texas offers a better player than Boston, it matters what situation Young likes better.

Like I said. hes a better option than what were using now and it would allow Ben to not rush Xander before hes truly ready. Also, Middy is still striking out a lot and not walking. We could very well see Young in Boston this week.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxpride34. Show redsoxpride34's posts

i honestly think picking up mark reynolds is a better option than mike young at this point. youngs d has declined big time and his offensive numbers are pretty average this year. Ideally we bring up boegarts or middlebrooks, but if ben wants to give them more time, pick up mark reynolds. yes reynolds strikes out alot, but he also has something that the sox are missing, right handed power. He has 15 homers, which would rank 2nd on the sox this year. the cost would likely be very low, i for one think he is worth a shot. With the monster in LF, he could do some real damage.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from ThefourBs. Show ThefourBs's posts

In response to redsoxpride34's comment:

i honestly think picking up mark reynolds is a better option than mike young at this point. youngs d has declined big time and his offensive numbers are pretty average this year. Ideally we bring up boegarts or middlebrooks, but if ben wants to give them more time, pick up mark reynolds. yes reynolds strikes out alot, but he also has something that the sox are missing, right handed power. He has 15 homers, which would rank 2nd on the sox this year. the cost would likely be very low, i for one think he is worth a shot. With the monster in LF, he could do some real damage.

Cleveland is in a division race with the tigers.

Why would they trade Reymolds?

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from crazyworldoftroybrown. Show crazyworldoftroybrown's posts

Talking about a strikeout machine. I'd pass on Reynolds. If he didn't K 200 times a year it was a good year.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from southpaw777. Show southpaw777's posts

The Indians are in the race and probably arent looking to get rid of their 1b. hes a better 1b than a 3b anyway.

Besides we already have the same player with napoli as far as K's go, except naps has about 100pts on him in OPS. We dont need MR and his .203BA and .307OBP. At least Naps gets on base, has a better SLG and a better BA than MR.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from xXR3S1NXx. Show xXR3S1NXx's posts

In response to southpaw777's comment:

The Indians are in the race and probably arent looking to get rid of their 1b. hes a better 1b than a 3b anyway.

Besides we already have the same player with napoli as far as K's go, except naps has about 100pts on him in OPS. We dont need MR and his .203BA and .307OBP. At least Naps gets on base, has a better SLG and a better BA than MR.

Just saw this on HBT SP.. Looks like the very rare occasion that you are wrong has shown itself..http://hardballtalk.nbcsports.com/2013/08/08/indians-designate-mark-reynolds-for-assignment/

With that being said, I still think reynolds is a better option at 3B than Snyder against left handed pitching... 

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from crazyworldoftroybrown. Show crazyworldoftroybrown's posts

Agree, as recent as 2011 he committed 26 errors at 3rd base.

13. This post has been removed.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from seannybboi. Show seannybboi's posts

In response to ThefourBs' comment:

Cleveland is in a division race with the tigers.

Why would they trade Reymolds?

Reynolds DFAed.

15. This post has been removed.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from BosoxJoe5. Show BosoxJoe5's posts

He has two HR since May.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from southpaw777. Show southpaw777's posts

In response to xXR3S1NXx's comment:

Just saw this on HBT SP.. Looks like the very rare occasion that you are wrong has shown itself..http://hardballtalk.nbcsports.com/2013/08/08/indians-designate-mark-reynolds-for-assignment/

With that being said, I still think reynolds is a better option at 3B than Snyder against left handed pitching... 

Thanks res. I didnt see that and partially stand corrected.

If the tribe just let him go, thats not a good sign. The fact still remains that MR's numbers are horrible and the Sox would have no use for this guy. Hes a very bad defensive 3b and has looked better at 1b, but we have Naps, who is clearly the better player.

Honestly, with MR hitting .203BA and .307OBP with bad defense at 3b, I dont see him as an upgrade from Holt or Snyder.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from southpaw777. Show southpaw777's posts

In response to darrylfries' comment:

In response to tomnev's comment:

You have to figure that Amero has no power in this move at all...Young has a full NTC so HE decides where he goes and has chosen Texas or Boston. Now Texas cant offer him a FT position (Maybe 1b). They have moreland who hasnt done a bad job there. Hes more a power guy with a .250BA and Baker who has had a great year for a platoon guy who plays LF/1b. Young would get FT play in Boston at one position. It doesnt matter if Texas offers a better player than Boston, it matters what situation Young likes better.

Like I said. hes a better option than what were using now and it would allow Ben to not rush Xander before hes truly ready. Also, Middy is still striking out a lot and not walking. We could very well see Young in Boston this week.

Middlebrooks isn't exactly tearing up AAA despite a few home runs and he was the DH last night while Boggy played third.

My guess is the sox are taking a hard look at Boggy at third. Something will happen this week it looks like.

I'm not all that excited  about Young but he gives us some options other than rushing Boggyand is an upgrade over Holt and Snyder

What im curious about is how Boggy is doing playing third.  No one on this site seems to watch the AAA games.. Looks like next year Drew and Boggy seem to be the the front runners for the right side of the infield. Middy seems to have fallen in a hole that he might not get out of. 

Only seen him play 3b once and he looked ok there. Made a couple good plays. Havent seen him enough to really judge though. Hes made 0 errors inlimited time there. Have to go with what the manager says on this one.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from xXR3S1NXx. Show xXR3S1NXx's posts

In response to xXR3S1NXx's comment:

Thanks res. I didnt see that and partially stand corrected.

If the tribe just let him go, thats not a good sign. The fact still remains that MR's numbers are horrible and the Sox would have no use for this guy. Hes a very bad defensive 3b and has looked better at 1b, but we have Naps, who is clearly the better player.

Honestly, with MR hitting .203BA and .307OBP with bad defense at 3b, I dont see him as an upgrade from Holt or Snyder.

Id still take MR right handed power in the lineup against lefties. MY is my first option but if that doesnt happen id still like to see us atleast take a flyer on MR, there's nothing to lose there and only something to gain.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from tomnev. Show tomnev's posts

I have to say, it is unusual to say with GM's but I trust ben to make the right decision on this, be it MY, MR, or bringing u Bogey or Middlebrooks...I think his acquisitions of Gomes, Victorino, Carp, Drew, Uehara, even Holt not too mention the Dodger trade has earned him that confidence....he seems to have a good feel of not only what the player can bring statsitically but what he will bring to the clubhouse.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from soxnewmex. Show soxnewmex's posts

I'd love to have Xander at 3rd and Young back-up at all infield positions (he'd get decent playing time) but probably Young wouldn't go for that, he'd probably want a guarantee that he's a FT player.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from Kingface12. Show Kingface12's posts

Ehhhh.....I go back and forth on this one.  I actually am a M. Young fan but I really would like to see XB up here to see what he can do.  Young's D has been slowing down but he's still a solid hitter.  Tough call.  If we can give up someone who is blocked and would go in a future trade or rule 5 then heck....why not?

Still would like to see Xander though......  (this is why I could never be a GM!!)

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from GoUconn13. Show GoUconn13's posts

Since Boston have the top two best records in baseball, Young would eventually be picked up by another team to block him to go to the Red Sox.  I wouldnt be surprise that the Yankees do it on purposely!!

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from ADG. Show ADG's posts

Do the Red Sox need another player in the lineup that strikes out 30+% of the time?

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from fl+adam,. Show fl+adam,'s posts

In response to GoUconn13's comment:

Since Boston have the top two best records in baseball, Young would eventually be picked up by another team to block him to go to the Red Sox.  I wouldnt be surprise that the Yankees do it on purposely!!

Correctly me if I'm wrong, but he cleared waivers.  No one can block him now.  It might have to be a PTBNL, but Young can now be traded to anyone both The teams and the player(to waive no trade clause)agree on.

Sections
Shortcuts