Mid Season Red Sox Awards

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Mr.Bump. Show Mr.Bump's posts

Mid Season Red Sox Awards

MVP=Adrian Gonzalez
    CY Young=Josh Beckett
    Unsung Hero = Daniel Bard
    Comeback Player =Jacoby Ellsbury

2. This post has been removed.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from SpacemanEephus. Show SpacemanEephus's posts

Re: Mid Season Red Sox Awards

In Response to Re: Mid Season Red Sox Awards:
    [QUOTE]Aceves for me Unsung Hero
    Posted by bobbysu[/QUOTE]

agreed.  

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from ALaGatorAL. Show ALaGatorAL's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Mid Season Red Sox Awards : agreed.  
    Posted by SpacemanEephus[/QUOTE]

AGREED X's TWO !!  Actually I believe i would have made X's Three !! LOL

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from tyler Scionti. Show tyler Scionti's posts

I agree with Agon and Beckett, I'd say that Aceves should be the unsung hero, and definitely agree that Ellsbury is the comeback of the year. Although if Beckett could take two awards he should get comeback too. It's been a good season, let's see if they can keep it up.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from jesseyeric. Show jesseyeric's posts

Not resigning Aceves may very well come back and haunt Cashman. I hated that decision.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from jete02fan. Show jete02fan's posts

[QUOTE]Not resigning Aceves may very well come back and haunt Cashman. I hated that decision.
    Posted by jesseyeric[/QUOTE]Jess, i wanted him signed to, but in fairness at the time of the decision to not sign him, he still wasn't healthy, that said i do wish they had given him a shot at getting back to where he was...

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from jesseyeric. Show jesseyeric's posts

Agreed, but considering the fiasco of Feliciano and Marte, I have to wonder how those conversations went.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from JB-3. Show JB-3's posts

I have a hard time disagreeing with Aceves, but how about showing Matt Albers and his 2.55 ERA some love?

Dude has been an unexpected rock for the pen pitching more than an inning 12 times so far.  Half of his earned runs came in one outing.  Removing his 1 terrible outing his ERA falls to 1.27.  Best of all, Albers has the peripherals to support his 2.55 ERA with a FIP of 2.67.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hammah29r2. Show Hammah29r2's posts

I would also like to give an honorable mention to big papi and JTek. Papi came flying right outta the gate and had a much better april than years past and Tek has shown great hitting improvement from both sides of the plate.

just my .02 cents

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hammah29r2. Show Hammah29r2's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Mid Season Red Sox Awards : Jess, i wanted him signed to, but in fairness at the time of the decision to not sign him, he still wasn't healthy, that said i do wish they had given him a shot at getting back to where he was...
    Posted by jete02fan[/QUOTE]

you guys have no idea how happy we are to have the big A! what a great pickup by theo. yesterday was a perfect example. 1st and 3rd with nobody out. strikes out the first two chumps and gets the last one to pop up. thank you Mr. Cashman.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from RedSoxKimmi. Show RedSoxKimmi's posts

In Response to Mid Season Red Sox Awards:
    [QUOTE]MVP=Adrian Gonzalez CY Young=Josh Beckett Unsung Hero = Daniel Bard Comeback Player =Jacoby Ellsbury
    Posted by Mr.Bump[/QUOTE]

Nothing against Jacoby's great season so far, but I'm going to have to go with Beckett as both the Cy Young and Comeback Player.  I expected him to have a pretty significant bounce back, but he has so far surpassed even my expectations.

For Unsung Hero, I have to agree with those who picked Aceves, although JB's choice of Albers is a good one too.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from RedSoxKimmi. Show RedSoxKimmi's posts

[QUOTE]Not resigning Aceves may very well come back and haunt Cashman. I hated that decision.
    Posted by jesseyeric[/QUOTE]

I wouldn't go so far as saying that the decision will come back to haunt Cashman, but I have no clue why he wouldn't take a chance on Aceves.  What it took to sign Aceves is chump change.  I understand that Aceves wanted a major league deal instead of a minor league one, but since Aceves still had an option left and started in the minors anyway, I really don't know what the difference is between the two types of contracts.

14. This post has been removed.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from LloydDobler. Show LloydDobler's posts

Aceves is a good pick for unsung hero, but so would be ... wait for it ... Tim Wakefield.

We'd be in a pickle without him right now.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from trouts. Show trouts's posts

billboy====most tedious poster!

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from jete02fan. Show jete02fan's posts

[QUOTE]Aceves is a good pick for unsung hero, but so would be ... wait for it ... Tim Wakefield. We'd be in a pickle without him right now.
    Posted by LloydDobler[/QUOTE]say it ain't so!!!SurprisedSurprised

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from RedSoxKimmi. Show RedSoxKimmi's posts

[QUOTE]Aceves is a good pick for unsung hero, but so would be ... wait for it ... Tim Wakefield. We'd be in a pickle without him right now.
    Posted by LloydDobler[/QUOTE]

True dat Lloyd!

This is how unsung he is, I forgot all about him!  He has been big for us this year.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from OhEFFU. Show OhEFFU's posts

[QUOTE]I would also like to give an honorable mention to big papi and JTek. Papi came flying right outta the gate and had a much better april than years past and Tek has shown great hitting improvement from both sides of the plate. just my .02 cents
    Posted by Hammah29r2[/QUOTE]

Oh yeah, what language would it be in if not for soldiers?