Middlebrooks

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from wvwc61. Show wvwc61's posts

Middlebrook

Yes, his power numbers are ok as well as RBI's but doesn't he strike out too much and his average

and defense leaves something to be desired. Would he be trade bait at the end of July, or are they  too thin at 3B to trade him?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from southpaw777. Show southpaw777's posts

Re: Middlebrook

They are way too thin at 3b right now, but they like him and might consider a move across the diamond. Hes going nowhere right now, IMO. 

3. This post has been removed.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from stillallbost08. Show stillallbost08's posts

Re: Middlebrooks

In response to softlaw2's comment:

Playing with ribs issue, but they would be nuts to trade him for anything less than an equal value and fit player. Unless he hits, this Red Sox team is in big trouble because part-time Ortiz and Napoli can't produce a full 140 games level of high slugging production.

he was the same b4 he got a boo boo.

5. This post has been removed.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from hill55. Show hill55's posts

In response to wvwc61's comment:

Yes, his power numbers are ok as well as RBI's but doesn't he strike out too much and his average

and defense leaves something to be desired. Would he be trade bait at the end of July, or are they  too thin at 3B to trade him?

The Red Sox should probably stick with Will Middlebrooks at thirdbase because the in-house alternatives are not attractive.

A team should avoid trading a player when his trade value has dropped significantly.

I suspect few posters on this forum would trade Middlebrooks for 36-year-old Philadelphia thirdbaseman Michael Young, who is in the final year of a long-term contract that pays him $16 million annually (the Rangers are paying $10 million of that this year). Young has posted a .296/.389/.388/.777 line with a WAR* of 0.8 in 45 games this season for the Phillies, who are six games back in the NL East.

* Wins Above Replacement as reported at FanGraphs: http://www.fangraphs.com/statss.aspx?playerid=1286&position=SS

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheExaminer. Show TheExaminer's posts

His RBI numbers are not all that great.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from seabeachfred. Show seabeachfred's posts

Middlebrook's power numbers are ok but he does strike out too much.  However, he is a young player, one of our best young prospects and he needs to play and gain experience.  I figure him for a 25-30 homer, 90 RBI man within a year or two.  If were someone worrying about him, I would worry instead of some of the other stiffs who aren't producing like Ellsbury, DG Victorino, Salty, Ciriaco, and a couple of the starters.  Will be be fine.  Just let him develop.

9. This post has been removed.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from garyhow. Show garyhow's posts

Missed 1/2 year last year due to wrist injury, and just ask Papi how long it took him to come back from wrist injury. Amazing how some want to write him off after 47 games? Could be a cornerstone player for RS for yrs to come, could see a move to 1b w/ Boegarts and Cecchini coming fast.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from southpaw777. Show southpaw777's posts

In response to garyhow's comment:

Missed 1/2 year last year due to wrist injury, and just ask Papi how long it took him to come back from wrist injury. Amazing how some want to write him off after 47 games? Could be a cornerstone player for RS for yrs to come, could see a move to 1b w/ Boegarts and Cecchini coming fast.

This is what Im thinking. IMHO, I see Cecchini at 3b Middy at 1b and XMan in LF

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from seabeachfred. Show seabeachfred's posts

In response to southpaw777's comment:

In response to garyhow's comment:

That's what I'm thinking too southpaw.  What I don't want to see is all of them competing for third base while we have a hitting stiff like Iglesias playing short and some stiff or two platooning in LF.  Get the best young players in the lineup, and hope we have the solid starting pitching by then to go along with it.  Boy, would I love to see us in a World Series or two again before too much longer.

This is what Im thinking. IMHO, I see Cecchini at 3b Middy at 1b and XMan in LF