Middlebrooks 1for10 spring !!!!

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from jamminjim. Show jamminjim's posts

Middlebrooks 1for10 spring !!!!

I wish there was a veteran 3rd baseman to be had. Don`t want to be desperate for Drew. I think it would deminish our offense. Are there any 3rd Basemen to trade for ?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from ctredsoxfanhugh. Show ctredsoxfanhugh's posts

Re: Middlebrooks 1for10 spring !!!!

yeah wow...10 at bats lets go beat down Boras' door and sign Drew tomorrow because everyone knows how much spring training matters...especially the first 10 at bats.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from SpacemanEephus. Show SpacemanEephus's posts

Well, Middlebrooks is obviously done and Buchholz was horrible in his one inning, so, great, there goes the season.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from ctredsoxfanhugh. Show ctredsoxfanhugh's posts

Boagerts hit a HR today...maybe he will hit 162 home runs this year.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from J-BAY. Show J-BAY's posts

In response to ctredsoxfanhugh's comment:

and Nava hit a HR, his first at bat of ST. I expect nothing less, the rest of the way 

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from ctredsoxfanhugh. Show ctredsoxfanhugh's posts

Ortiz is 0-7....I think we can officially say he is washed up. No way we can afford a DH who is batting .000

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from chickenandboose. Show chickenandboose's posts

Might as well give Vasquez and Cecchini the start job!

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from SpacemanEephus. Show SpacemanEephus's posts

In response to chickenandboose's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Might as well give Vasquez and Cecchini the start job!

[/QUOTE]

Good point!  With Vasquez behind the plate, literally no one will ever steal a base off the Sox ever again.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from jamminjim. Show jamminjim's posts

Wow! Hit me hard !!!My bad !! I guess i would like a vet at 3rd and was asking IF things don`t go well with Middlebrooks . Is there a trade plan we could go after ? Looking for trade talk that`s all . Sorry!  

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from chickenandboose. Show chickenandboose's posts

In response to jamminjim's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Wow! Hit me hard !!!My bad !! I guess i would like a vet at 3rd and was asking IF things don`t go well with Middlebrooks . Is there a trade plan we could go after ? Looking for trade talk that`s all . Sorry!  

[/QUOTE]

Sorry for being a butt but I think we should hold off signing any vets.  Let's give him a chance because look what happen when we stuck by Pedroia.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from ctredsoxfanhugh. Show ctredsoxfanhugh's posts

I highly doubt there is any plan.  Middlebrooks is a very talented young player, ranks 3rd on the Sox under 25 players.  Sometimes young guys take a little time to figure it out and the Sox are commited to giving him that chance.  He will get a long look this year and I think he would have to be performing really really really bad for them to try and figure something else out sooner.

He's going to get a good look, and right now I think the plan B is to hope Garin Cecchini is ready for prime time if WMB can't figure it out by mid season.

two of our top under 25 players are 3rd baseman between WMB and Garin Cecchini, plus after Bogaerts we have Marerro at SS and possibly Mookie Betts, and the slim possibility Bogey slides over to third.

Point is the infield is a huge are of strength in the Sox system, so I really don't think it makes sense to use any trade chips to bring in a 3rd baseman when we have a really really good chance to get average to above average production out of the position for years to come at minimum cost.

12. This post has been removed.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from steven11. Show steven11's posts

I heard Middy hit the ball hard today.  His hits will come. 

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from SpacemanEephus. Show SpacemanEephus's posts

In response to JoseLaguna's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Sabathia's fastest pitch so far was 88 mph.

[/QUOTE]

Over the hill.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from ctredsoxfanhugh. Show ctredsoxfanhugh's posts

[QUOTE]

Sabathia's fastest pitch so far was 88 mph.

[/QUOTE]

Well spring training is a time to build up velocity.  Half the time pitchers are out there they aren't even trying to throw their offspeed stuff to get hitter out when they are ahead they are just throwing their fastball more trying to build up arm strength.

Still Sabathia has seen a drop in his velocity every year for the last couple of years, when you combine his sour performance the last couple of years I would at least be somewhat concerned if I was NY.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from jamminjim. Show jamminjim's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]Great response ! You think the kids can get us back to the series at 3rd .i`m thinking trade . I listen to weei 9hrs a day and they think middy will be traded.Begining of the season to spark the team. What is everyones plan B .If your Ben and are going to trade Middy? Think amagination.And think your trying to repeat!!

I highly doubt there is any plan.  Middlebrooks is a very talented young player, ranks 3rd on the Sox under 25 players.  Sometimes young guys take a little time to figure it out and the Sox are commited to giving him that chance.  He will get a long look this year and I think he would have to be performing really really really bad for them to try and figure something else out sooner.

He's going to get a good look, and right now I think the plan B is to hope Garin Cecchini is ready for prime time if WMB can't figure it out by mid season.

two of our top under 25 players are 3rd baseman between WMB and Garin Cecchini, plus after Bogaerts we have Marerro at SS and possibly Mookie Betts, and the slim possibility Bogey slides over to third.

Point is the infield is a huge are of strength in the Sox system, so I really don't think it makes sense to use any trade chips to bring in a 3rd baseman when we have a really really good chance to get average to above average production out of the position for years to come at minimum cost.

[/QUOTE]

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from jamminjim. Show jamminjim's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

Wow! Hit me hard !!!My bad !! I guess i would like a vet at 3rd and was asking IF things don`t go well with Middlebrooks . Is there a trade plan we could go after ? Looking for trade talk that`s all . Sorry!  GM`s always looking 2 steps ahead !!

[/QUOTE]Great response ! You think the kids can get us back to the series at 3rd .i`m thinking trade . I listen to weei 9hrs a day and they think middy will be traded.Begining of the season to spark the team. What is everyones plan B .If your Ben and are going to trade Middy? Think amagination.And think your trying to repeat!!

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Schumpeters-Ghost. Show Schumpeters-Ghost's posts

In response to J-BAY's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

and Nava hit a HR, his first at bat of ST. I expect nothing less, the rest of the way 

[/QUOTE]

Classic!

19. This post has been removed.

20. This post has been removed.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from slasher9. Show slasher9's posts

Well, it's not like he hasn't failed and been demoted in the past.  Youonly have to look to last year to see it happen.  Twice.  I am not even close to being sold on wmb and would love to see a notable player ready to step in.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from ampoule. Show ampoule's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

Wow! Hit me hard !!!My bad !! I guess i would like a vet at 3rd and was asking IF things don`t go well with Middlebrooks . Is there a trade plan we could go after ? Looking for trade talk that`s all . Sorry!  GM`s always looking 2 steps ahead !!

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Who listens to WEEI for nine hours per day? Are they in prison?

[/QUOTE]

FUNNY!!!   LOL

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from royf19. Show royf19's posts

In response to J-BAY's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

No place to go but down. He should retire now while on top.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from sportsbozo1. Show sportsbozo1's posts

Though the 10 AB's and ST as whole don't mean squat, I like Middlebrooks and hope he gets off to a good start this season. As for panicking and running to Bora$$ for the Drew deal of a lifetime, I would endorse the Sox using Cecchini should Middlebrooks have a terrible start. The kid is eventually going to be a star it's just a matter of whether it's with the Sox or another team.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from Flapjack07. Show Flapjack07's posts

Deven Marrero is hitting .500 with a 1.500 OPS...I expect a monster season from him. Clearly he and Brandon Snyder are the new Ruth and Gehrig.