Middlebrooks 1for10 spring !!!!

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hammah29r2. Show Hammah29r2's posts

Re: Middlebrooks 1for10 spring !!!!

In response to steven11's comment:
    [QUOTE]

I heard Middy hit the ball hard today.  His hits will come. 

[/QUOTE]

naw steven! he's finished......so is papi.........I mean, afterall, it IS march 6th for petes sake...fire farrell!!!!!! rip down fenway!!!!! GAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!!!!!Tongue Out

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ice-Cream. Show Ice-Cream's posts

Ryan Braun is on fire this spring!!!  Oh my God!!!  Someone get his urine sample and test him ASAP!!!   LOL   Wink

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hfxsoxnut. Show Hfxsoxnut's posts

Middy also made an error in yesterday's game.

4. This post has been removed.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Flapjack07. Show Flapjack07's posts

In response to Bill-806's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to royf19's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to J-BAY's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to ctredsoxfanhugh's comment:

[QUOTE]

Boagerts hit a HR today...maybe he will hit 162 home runs this year.

[/QUOTE]

and Nava hit a HR, his first at bat of ST. I expect nothing less, the rest of the way 

[/QUOTE]

No place to go but down. He should retire now while on top.

[/QUOTE]yOU can blame a winter with Jenny, JENNY DELL for the slow start in S T ..... As the "BIG O" would say........ "Son, everything has consequences"  !!!

[/QUOTE]

On the one hand, I'm really afraid Bill will attempt to explain what  this means...on the other hand, I'm kind of looking forward to that.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from RSPCB73. Show RSPCB73's posts

While we are at it, with the current ST record, we can also look forward to less than 25 wins for the regular season, creating an all-time record for the fewest wins. Boohooo!

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from ThefourBs. Show ThefourBs's posts

In response to RSPCB73's comment:
    [QUOTE]

While we are at it, with the current ST record, we can also look forward to less than 25 wins for the regular season, creating an all-time record for the fewest wins. Boohooo!

[/QUOTE]

Bunch of bums!!

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from seannybboi. Show seannybboi's posts

WMB has been hitting the balls hard.  They just haven't been finding gaps.  He only struck out twice in 11 plate appearances.  He doesn't walk much so 1 BB doesn't really bother me now.  Sure WMB is 1 for 10 so far but he's been putting bat on the ball.  That's great for Will especially with his power.  If he finds the rhythm, which he will soon enough, he will be tearing.  

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from georom4. Show georom4's posts

Trade WM for S Drew PRONTO!

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from jozee76. Show jozee76's posts

My God, why are we so blind! It's the major league body, the major league swing, but he cannot hit, HIS SWING IS TOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO BIG!!!! HIS FEET ARE TOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO SLOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! That cannot, and will not change!!!!!

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from ctredsoxfanhugh. Show ctredsoxfanhugh's posts

In response to jozee76's comment:
    [QUOTE]

My God, why are we so blind! It's the major league body, the major league swing, but he cannot hit, HIS SWING IS TOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO BIG!!!! HIS FEET ARE TOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO SLOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! That cannot, and will not change!!!!!

[/QUOTE]

He's got plus bat speed, plus power, and sweet swing...and I've never heard anyone say otherwise.  He has bad judgement and an aggressive approach. 

He might never put it together, but lets give him a chance to fully recover from his wrist surgery.  There is a reason why this kid was ranked #1 and is currently ranked #3 overall in the Sox system for all talent at the MLB level and minor league level u25. 

Lets not come to rash judgement based off of results during his first 162 games of which half of it he was hurt. 

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from jozee76. Show jozee76's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

He's got plus bat speed, plus power, and sweet swing...and I've never heard anyone say otherwise.  He has bad judgement and an aggressive approach. 

He might never put it together, but lets give him a chance to fully recover from his wrist surgery.  There is a reason why this kid was ranked #1 and is currently ranked #3 overall in the Sox system for all talent at the MLB level and minor league level u25. 

Lets not come to rash judgement based off of results during his first 162 games of which half of it he was hurt. 

[/QUOTE]

I as much as anyone WANT him so succeed. I'm not concerned so much with his 1-10 spring so far, it's the 2 horrible defensive plays yesterday. He just has slow feet! Sorry! but it's true! He does have one beautiful swing!

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from jozee76. Show jozee76's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

I meant to say, I agree his part of 2 seasons stats are actually impressive if you put together to make 1 season total. So there is a lot of hope!!!! Defensively? I'm not so sure!

14. This post has been removed.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from ctredsoxfanhugh. Show ctredsoxfanhugh's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

I as much as anyone WANT him so succeed. I'm not concerned so much with his 1-10 spring so far, it's the 2 horrible defensive plays yesterday. He just has slow feet! Sorry! but it's true! He does have one beautiful swing!

[/QUOTE]

Ok but you only mentioned his swing?!? I'll admit his swing can get to long at times which causes him to get eaten up on the inner third, but he might have some of the best raw power in the majors. 

WMB has always been a streaky hitter, and if you followed his minor league career you would have known that his hot spells were becoming longer and his cold spells were starting to get longer 2012/13 screwed him up.  He was in the middle of a cold spell when he got injured, his injury is notorious for slowing hitters down, heck David Ortiz had an entire down season after he broke his wrist and everyone called him washed up.....5 years ago. 

I admit that WMB looks shaky at times on defense, but everything I've seen and read about him says he has the tools to round into a plus defender, and I think once he gets some consistency at the MLB level he will show everyone just that. 

here is what Soxprospects had to say on his defense. 

"Plus-to-better arm. Light on feet defensively with strong anticipation, reactions, and first step. Solid footwork and stays square to the ball. Can stand to improve range to his left by stabbing less at the ball and taking another step or continuing to become comfortable throwing on the move. Rounding towards a plus defender. Hard worker that makes adjustments. Just beginning to learn what he can do as a baseball player. Projects as an everyday third baseman at the big-league level with above-average offensive potential during peak seasons."

http://www.soxprospects.com/players/middlebrooks-will.htm

and this is what BA had to say about WMB overall

"If scouts drew up a blueprint for a third baseman, it would look like Middlebrooks. He has the size, athleticism, power and arm strength coveted at the hot corner." 

http://www.baseballamerica.com/online/prospects/rankings/organization-top-10-prospects/2012/2612768.html

sdssdffsdfsdfsdfs

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from ctredsoxfanhugh. Show ctredsoxfanhugh's posts

No doubt WMB has given us reason for concern, but I think we should be reserved in our judgements and realize that there are just as many reasons to be optimistic about his future.   He is going to get a long look this year, and I for one am optimistic that he can turn into a big power threat that can slide into the #5 #6 hole in our lineup. 

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from ctredsoxfanhugh. Show ctredsoxfanhugh's posts

baseball prospectus

"40. Will Middlebrooks, 3B, Red Sox (Preseason: NR)

Was always known for his top notch defense at third base, but the bat has finally come around with truckloads of doubles and a projection for 15-20 home runs a season in the big leagues."

fangraphs

"Defensively, he’s a good fielder and has a strong arm."

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hfxsoxnut. Show Hfxsoxnut's posts

[QUOTE]

fangraphs

[/QUOTE]

That'd be the same Fangraphs that calculated a -8.3 UZR/150 for him last year.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from ctredsoxfanhugh. Show ctredsoxfanhugh's posts

In response to Hfxsoxnut's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

fangraphs

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

one season, where he was coming off an injury and being shipped down to pawtucket, that in no way plays into what his ability is.

If he gets a long look and some consistency he will prevail at the position.  Pitchers can get better at every level and break harder and come in faster but line drives and ground balls don't get harder to field magically at the big league level.

He's is a good fielder and EVERY scout has said the same thing about him.  We need to give him a chance, young players struggle some time. 

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from ctredsoxfanhugh. Show ctredsoxfanhugh's posts

In response to Hfxsoxnut's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

fangraphs

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

And also the same fangraphs were he had a 2.4 UZR/150 the year prior. 

21. This post has been removed.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from jozee76. Show jozee76's posts

[QUOTE]

No doubt WMB has given us reason for concern, but I think we should be reserved in our judgements and realize that there are just as many reasons to be optimistic about his future.   He is going to get a long look this year, and I for one am optimistic that he can turn into a big power threat that can slide into the #5 #6 hole in our lineup. 

[/QUOTE]

Agreed!!!!!!!!!!!

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from ctredsoxfanhugh. Show ctredsoxfanhugh's posts

In response to JIMMYPROFFER's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

In response to JoseLaguna's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Sabathia's fastest pitch so far was 88 mph.

[/QUOTE]

Well spring training is a time to build up velocity.  Half the time pitchers are out there they aren't even trying to throw their offspeed stuff to get hitter out when they are ahead they are just throwing their fastball more trying to build up arm strength.

Still Sabathia has seen a drop in his velocity every year for the last couple of years, when you combine his sour performance the last couple of years I would at least be somewhat concerned if I was NY.

[/QUOTE]

He went 15-6 with a 3.38 ERA and a 1.14 WHIP two years ago, hardly what I would call a "sour performance"

[/QUOTE]

oh sorry, LAST year.  When he was a below average pitcher.  Still fact remains his performance has trended down the last 3 years, his velocity has been trending down the last several years, he will turn 34 this season and he isn't getting any younger, and now he comes into camp with his velocity topping out at 88.  Yes pitchers build up velocity, but they don't drop off by more than a few MPH from the offseason so he is likely due for further regression.

How many pitchers start regressing into their 30's year after year then magically become an ace again when they are on the wrong side of 30???? and how much more does NY how him?

24. This post has been removed.

25. This post has been removed.

Sections
Shortcuts