1. This post has been removed.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bill-806. Show Bill-806's posts

Re: Middlebrooks Admits to Two Broken and Separated Ribs

In response to ConanObrien's comment:

Just recieved word from a verified twitter account that:

1) Elvis is alive and well.

2) The moon landing was actually on Venus.

3) UFO's are actually flying cars.

And MR. CONAN is a card carrying lib/left/rad/soc/enviro/MOONBAT !!!

3. This post has been removed.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from JimfromFlorida. Show JimfromFlorida's posts

First How does anyone know that whom they are getting messages from are the real people?

YOU DON'T. We have heard of it time and time again where comments made on twitter or other sites are from posers.

IMHO the back spasms could be and probably are related to the rib injury. Why? Mainly because with a rib injury you start doing things differently. You start using other muscles etc... to compensate for the injury

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from BosoxJoe5. Show BosoxJoe5's posts

In response to JimfromFlorida's comment:

First How does anyone know that whom they are getting messages from are the real people?

YOU DON'T. We have heard of it time and time again where comments made on twitter or other sites are from posers.

IMHO the back spasms could be and probably are related to the rib injury. Why? Mainly because with a rib injury you start doing things differently. You start using other muscles etc... to compensate for the injury

Actually you do. If you are famous twitter will contact you and verify your account. They then people the verified symbol in your profile.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from BosoxJoe5. Show BosoxJoe5's posts

In response to Bill-806's comment:

In response to ConanObrien's comment:

Just recieved word from a verified twitter account that:

1) Elvis is alive and well.

2) The moon landing was actually on Venus.

3) UFO's are actually flying cars.

And MR. CONAN is a card carrying lib/left/rad/soc/enviro/MOONBAT !!!

Why are you accusing someone who dislikes you of being a liberal? What is wrong with wanting a healthy environment?

7. This post has been removed.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from youkillus. Show youkillus's posts

I am curious about a few things in these sagas (Middlebrooks and Chipper). When Middlebrooks asked you not to say anything on your blog, why did you? What is the disrespect shown to Deadspin all about. I admit, I've heard of Deadspin, but don't know their history, I'm asking for clarification. Is there anyplace on your blog, where you personally are identified?

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxdirtdog. Show redsoxdirtdog's posts

Let's face it, we all (save Stiffy) gave Ells a great deal of leeway with respect to his rib & 'other' such 'injuries.'  Perhaps WAY TOO MUCH, as he took advantage of that leeway and used it to stay out for several EXTRA months, 'until he was 110%.' 

As it turns out, it seems he SKROOD himself by doing so?!?!  Now he can't seem to remember how to hit a GD baseball.  This babying of himself via Boras' direction will likely cost Ells somewhere in the neighborhood of 35 - 70 million $$$$$ over a 7 year contract.  Perhaps not, as he will now be lucky to get a 5 year contract.

We should celebrate & rally behind Middy for being a god damned MAN!  Like one of our beloved Boston Bruins, he is actually WILLING to try and play through more than a god damned hang-nail.

I've been a HUGE Ells defender, especially against the slings & arrows of the Stiff one, but enough is enough.  Perhaps Stiffy was actually right on this one.  I happen to think the guy is going to be top tier in the long run, but HIS MFing Boras inspired, don't play unless you're 110% mentality is now costing OUR Boston Red Sox dearly........   SO, _________ HIM!?!?!  I am now ready to put all the blame on Ells for allowing this to happen. 

Cautionary tale for all baseball players!  You're NOT playing for BRAVO's Hair Wars!  Man the F up & play ball!!!!

Cudos Middy!  You are a warrior & we've got your back!!!

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from craze4sox. Show craze4sox's posts

In response to thepeskypole6's comment:

Will Middlebrooks was placed on the disabled list with back issues but as was reported on this blog weeks ago he has been playing with two broken and separated ribs stemming from the collision with David Ross.

My source was Middlebrooks himself who told me about the injury the day after it all happened through twitter direct messages.

It all started when one of those basic idiots on twitter was tweeting Middlebrooks about how awful he was playing This happens a lot on twitter. It usually comes from the guy living in mom's basement in hopes that they can get a rise out of the player. A buffet loving Mets fan tried this with Chipper Jones on twitter a few months back and Chipper fired back along with all his fans. Shockingly, the Mets fan who dished it out could not take it and went to the media to call Chipper a bully. I blogged about that here.

Middlebrooks kept his cool with this guy but I tweeted at him instead. Next thing I know Middlebrooks began following me on twitter and sending me direct messages. The next game was when Middlebrooks would collide with David Ross. I tweeted Middlebrooks the next morning about his great defensive play and how I hoped he wasn't in too much pain. Will responded via direct twitter message that he had in fact broken and separated two ribs.

Below is the pictures of our conversations and as you can see the last message I sent did not go through as Middlebrooks had stopped following me by then making it impossible to send him a direct message.

Will has been taking criticism about his play which is Will's fault for not coming out and being honest that he was trying to play through this painful injury. It is clear the pain was affecting his play, especially in the field. The DL stint is exactly what he needs.

(I cut and pasted from my blog as to not the anger the morons who run this board. If you want to see the proof of the conversation you can go to my blog...not a bad source huh?)

I think we have learned a lot about Middy since he took over for Youk.

#1 He has potential both offensively and defensively

#2 May be another Youk, but at a younger age by being injury prone

#3 Will never hava a great big league career if he can't improve his plate discipline

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from pumpsie-green. Show pumpsie-green's posts

In response to pinstripezac35's comment:

why are they calling it back issues and not broken / cracked ribs

Its probably a different injury Zac. IF Middlebrooks has two broken ribs, which I doubt even though he apparently tweeted he has, there is no logical reason for him to be put on the DL weeks after the acute injury. I find it hard to believe that anyone can play through the pain of fractured ribs, no matter how severe the breaks are. I have never had broken ribs, but even bruised ribs are excruciatingly painful. I have no reason not to believe PeskyPole about the twitter exchanges, so I believe that WMB simply either did not communicate his condition correctly or did not understand the nature of his condition.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxdirtdog. Show redsoxdirtdog's posts

In response to pumpsie-green's comment:

In response to pinstripezac35's comment:

why are they calling it back issues and not broken / cracked ribs

Its probably a different injury Zac. IF Middlebrooks has two broken ribs, which I doubt even though he apparently tweeted he has, there is no logical reason for him to be put on the DL weeks after the acute injury. I find it hard to believe that anyone can play through the pain of fractured ribs, no matter how severe the breaks are. I have never had broken ribs, but even bruised ribs are excruciatingly painful. I have no reason not to believe PeskyPole about the twitter exchanges, so I believe that WMB simply either did not communicate his condition correctly or did not understand the nature of his condition.

Who knows & who cares if Middy has 'broken,' 'cracked,' 'bruised,' or NOT hurt ribs.  He's clearly been playing through AN injury. 

GOOD ON HIM!!!!!  Love to see this!  I'm really tired of the Boras - Ells mentality of dealing with injuries.  No doubt we are going to hear about some phantom injury Ells 'has been playing through.'  BUT............   Ells will need to sit out for a couple of months to deal with it.  Middy will be back in a couple days / weeks.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from JimfromFlorida. Show JimfromFlorida's posts

If he played thru or tried to I find that wrong. Look if you are hurt you get well playing hurt can lead to more issues and in this case IMHO it has. If a guy plays thru a minor injury OK but if he had broken ribs that is foolish for him and the team.

I love a hard nose player as much as any one but a player playing with an injury that really won't heal while you play is stupid.