Middlebrooks and Bogaerts at AAA Pawtucket

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from ADG. Show ADG's posts

Middlebrooks and Bogaerts at AAA Pawtucket

BA AB R H 2B 3B HR RBI BB K OBA SLUG OPS

Middlebrooks .256 78 10 20 1 0 6 22 7 13 .318 .500 .818

Bogaerts         .268 97 12 26 0 0 6 17 14 19 .360 .454 .814

One guy will turn 25 before the other turns 21.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from illinoisredsox. Show illinoisredsox's posts

Re: Middlebrooks and Bogaerts at AAA Pawtucket

And your point exactly is what?

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from MadMc44. Show MadMc44's posts

Last night Boggie played 3 B and WMB was DH.

Perhaps Boggie is elevated to 3 B in Boston after the All Star Break and WMB plays 1 B.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from ctredsoxfanhugh. Show ctredsoxfanhugh's posts

Middlebrooks was a good prospect and the type of player that IF he succeeds will folllow the normal M.O. for players.  It's more often than not that young players struggle....pretty much Middlebrooks entire professional career up until his last 2 months has been impressive.

Now Bogaerts is not just a top prospect, but he's the highest ranked prospect the Sox have had in a decade.  He's a once in a generation talent you get in your system that breaks the ranks much sooner.

Yeah he's younger than Middlebrooks but guess what? When he was promoted to Pawtucket hes just wasn't the youngest guy in AAA he still would have been the youngest prospect in Portland had he not been promoted, and at that time he STILL!!! would have been the youngest prospect in high A.

Comparing Middlebrooks to Bogaerts is a little unfair. 

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from ADG. Show ADG's posts

In response to illinoisredsox's comment:

Just showing facts. Also, there's a very good chance that Middlebrooks will in another organization by August 1st. He is redundant and will be used in a trade.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from illinoisredsox. Show illinoisredsox's posts

In response to ADG's comment:

[QUOTE]

Just showing facts. Also, there's a very good chance that Middlebrooks will in another organization by August 1st. He is redundant and will be used in a trade.

[/QUOTE]

Unless they move him to 1B, at which point he is no longer redundant (I don't look for Napoli to be resigned unless WMB really tanks at Pawtucket).  And we have no idea how Bogaerts will adapt to playing 3B; he will probably be fine, but you don't know for sure.  He also could wind up in LF or at 1B himself.

And that's not to say the WMB wouldn't be part of a trade with someone. 

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from maxbialystock. Show maxbialystock's posts

Not sure Middlebrooks is redundant if Napoli leaves after 2013, plus Bogaerts could even play in the OF.  Injuries also have a way of changing redundancies.  That said, Ben Cherington might be considering a trade although right now I'm not sure what for.  Yes, Webster bombed, but he was a try out.   Lester has not looked that great, but he is healthy and has been effective before.  Buchholz, Lackey, and now Doubront have all looked pretty darn good this season.  The hitting is the best in MLB, period.  Only the bullpen needs help, and I don't see Middlebrooks being used to pay for that. 

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from ctredsoxfanhugh. Show ctredsoxfanhugh's posts

If Xander Bogaerts was a 3Bman.....Middlebrooks was never going to block him, even if he was performing better this season.  Guys like Xander move for no-one, they play the position they are best suited for which in Xanders case (and in order) is likely 3B,SS,LF,1B.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from illinoisredsox. Show illinoisredsox's posts

In response to MadMc44's comment:

Perhaps Boggie is elevated to 3 B in Boston after the All Star Break and WMB plays 1 B.

So long as the team continues winning (and perhaps even if they don't) I seriously doubt they will be bringing him up any sooner than September.  The kid's had what, a month and a half at AAA?  He needs to learn to play 3rd base and the best place to learn that is in the minors, not in a pennant race and especially not in the fishbowl that is Boston.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from ctredsoxfanhugh. Show ctredsoxfanhugh's posts

In response to MadMc44's comment:

So long as the team continues winning (and perhaps even if they don't) I seriously doubt they will be bringing him up any sooner than September.  The kid's had what, a month and a half at AAA?  He needs to learn to play 3rd base and the best place to learn that is in the minors, not in a pennant race and especially not in the fishbowl that is Boston.

I doubt that.  Xander Bogaerts is not your everyday prospect he's a consensus top 3 in all of baseball.  Ben Charrington (you know the G.M. of the Boston Red Sox) has been quoted saying that the organization doesn't bring anyone up to Pawtucket unless they feel they are ready for the majors.  Effectively every guy in Pawtucket is viewed as someone who can come up and contribute right off the bat.

If Someone gets injured, Bogaerts will be there.  When the Rosters expand, Bogaerts will be there, and if he carry's his success to the MLB level then come sep/obt....Xander Bogaerts will be there.

If Boston feels that Xander Bogaerts is ready to play 3B at the MLB level they will just bring him and not think much about it.  It's not that hard to move from SS -> 3B.  Every SS in MLB baseball are usually the best athelete on their teams.  If you can play SS you can play any position on the diamond (except maybe catcher)

The time of the Xan man is soon upon us. 

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from jasko2248. Show jasko2248's posts

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]
    Middlebrooks isn't going anywhere.  Right handed power like his isn't "redundant" anywhere in the organization. 

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from southpaw777. Show southpaw777's posts

Cecchini will be in AAA next year and Boston will have to figure out where everyone belongs. theres really room for all 3 in a perfect world.Most 3b can move across the diamond with a little work. And Im willing to bet that at least one of them (Bogey) could handle LF if need be.

Id hold off on trading WMB right now, meaning I wouldnt offer him up but Id listen to offers. I keep WMB, That is unless the package coming back is just too good.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from seannybboi. Show seannybboi's posts

Many analysts see Bogaerts play for the Sox in playoffs.  

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from tomnev. Show tomnev's posts

Obviously Boegarts is a premier prospect....you don't get rated that high by so many different analysts without being one....that said, as Hugh said....he is very young.... so lets not expect the world from him this year....Trout and Harper may have spoiled alot of fans....21 year olds rarely make an impact at the ML level....and until he shows he can I am not moving WMB unless overwhelmed in a trade. Yes WMB struggled this year but he has already proven MLB power ability....you don;t give up on that because of a 2 month sophomore struggle....and he also showed that he can be a very good 3B defensively(albeit streaky at times). With Napoli on a One year deal....Papi not going to play for ever....Ellsbury FA.....some platoon type players in the OF....there will be no shortage of need in the coming years on the Sox Roster....we can find positons for Boegy, WMB, Cecchinni et al. I can see Boegarts up when the rosters expand for sure and if he plays well he could make a playoff Roster, but I see WMB getting the call back up before him this year

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from jasko2248. Show jasko2248's posts

In response to tomnev's comment:

Obviously Boegarts is a premier prospect....you don't get rated that high by so many different analysts without being one....that said, as Hugh said....he is very young.... so lets not expect the world from him this year....Trout and Harper may have spoiled alot of fans....21 year olds rarely make an impact at the ML level....and until he shows he can I am not moving WMB unless overwhelmed in a trade. Yes WMB struggled this year but he has already proven MLB power ability....you don;t give up on that because of a 2 month sophomore struggle....and he also showed that he can be a very good 3B defensively(albeit streaky at times). With Napoli on a One year deal....Papi not going to play for ever....Ellsbury FA.....some platoon type players in the OF....there will be no shortage of need in the coming years on the Sox Roster....we can find positons for Boegy, WMB, Cecchinni et al. I can see Boegarts up when the rosters expand for sure and if he plays well he could make a playoff Roster, but I see WMB getting the call back up before him this year

Great points, Tomnev.  I'm pretty certain that the Sox organization has a little more patience than the fan base does.  

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from ctredsoxfanhugh. Show ctredsoxfanhugh's posts

In response to jasko2248's comment:

[QUOTE]

Great points, Tomnev.  I'm pretty certain that the Sox organization has a little more patience than the fan base does.  

[/QUOTE]

And for that....I'am thankful.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from southpaw777. Show southpaw777's posts

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Thank God... Its unbelieveable how quickly some fans just want to trade a player. Like its a video game or fantasy baseball...

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from MadMc44. Show MadMc44's posts

BA AB R H 2B 3B HR RBI BB K OBA SLUG OPS

Middlebrooks .256 78 10 20 1 0 6 22 7 13 .318 .500 .818

Bogaerts         .268 97 12 26 0 0 6 17 14 19 .360 .454 .814

One guy will turn 25 before the other turns 21.

So in 27 games XMan has 26 hits, 6 Hr, 17 RBI--you can read the rest.

He may have another 6- games at 3 B after the break and the Board in general wants to wait for a Sept call up---WMB has been consistently mediocre at the plate. Boggie has been a little up  and down.

I actually am getting to like Brock Holt--he's a nice multi-purpose player. He does a lot of things right at third. I would keep him as the Super Sub and play Boggie at third--I want to see his bat in the lineup--if he fails send him down like JBJ but imagine if he is another Machado for the second half run.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from jasko2248. Show jasko2248's posts

In response to southpaw777's comment:

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Thank God... Its unbelieveable how quickly some fans just want to trade a player. Like its a video game or fantasy baseball...

[/QUOTE]

Very true, Southpaw.  Ironically, these "fantasy trade proposals" always seem to pop up when the proposed player is struggling, which, as we all know, is a "great" time to trade that player.

20. This post has been removed.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from ADG. Show ADG's posts

In response to seannybboi's comment:

seannybboi - Agreed. I've read a couple people said he will definitely be here in September if not sooner. 

FYI, he hit another home run today. 

Now batting .270/.359/.480/.839

Not bad for a 20 year old and the youngest player in the IL.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from ctredsoxfanhugh. Show ctredsoxfanhugh's posts

In response to seannybboi's comment:

[QUOTE]

seannybboi - Agreed. I've read a couple people said he will definitely be here in September if not sooner. 

FYI, he hit another home run today. 

Now batting .270/.359/.480/.839

Not bad for a 20 year old and the youngest player in the IL.

[/QUOTE]

Bogaerts now has more home runs in Pawtucket than he did Portland even though he only played in about half the games in Pawtucket.  57 in Portland and 27 in Pawtcuket

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from BosoxJoe5. Show BosoxJoe5's posts

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Bogaerts doesn't have a position yet, hard to say he really makes anyone redundant.

24. This post has been removed.

25. This post has been removed.